Out & About

TexasTVNews

34 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

And she’s gone. Bio removed from KRIV’s website plus there is a recording on Facebook of her on the phone with the HR director asking when she can come get her equipment (badge, company owned equipment etc)

Well that was fast, also at least she can start applying for a job at Newsmax or OANN freely now.

1 hour ago, JoseRM303 said:

And she’s gone. Bio removed from KRIV’s website plus there is a recording on Facebook of her on the phone with the HR director asking when she can come get her equipment (badge, company owned equipment etc)

She's probably been blacklisted now. About the only places she'll be able to work are Newsmax or OAN.

why do I have this feeling that this was her plan all along 

1. go public with the info ....CHECK

2. grab enough publicity to make her bosses "suspend her".....CHECK

3. she records her now former boss saying she was suspended...CHECK 

4. it becomes official [shes's out] and now all thats left is  to dump the evidence with Project Veritas.....CHECK and MATE

did I miss anything or am I close??

so now lets see..

In 2020, in Anchorage, Alaska a news anchor went nuts ,got fired when she had a fight with her fiancee who happens to be the ND over so called evidence about the mayor that she was promoting for the newscast, then it was found out she had an textual affair with the mayor, who admitted it in a press conference where he also announced his resignation, oh we forgot to note she also left some disturbing messages on his answering machine ,

(By the way, the owners of the station 86'd their newscast and have it outsourced from Traverse City, Mich. Based news net )

And now in 2021..Houston,Texas where a FOX26 reporter threw her bosses under the bus while doing a live report about the hot weather thus assuredly napalming her career in the process..

And now, we welcome to the "hall of napalming your TV career" weekend weather anchor for the still newsless CBS O&O in Detroit April Moss, who during her fathers day 11PM weather segment decided to announce that she was going to be on project veritas to blast CBS62 for discrimination...Oy!!

This would make one hell of a movie ....

Edited by lugnuts6
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

From the Daily Beast:

In an interview with The Daily Beast on Tuesday afternoon, the 32-year-old reporter claimed she’d been terminated via text message and declared that she would never work in corporate media again—not even for Fox News, where she claimed “they wanted to bring me up.”

“I have been longing to part ways with this strange, slightly unhinged corporation since last August when I realized what they were,” Hecker said. “The piece with Project Veritas doesn’t touch what they did. Fox 26 knows I’m fearless.” she added: “I have zero interest in working for another corporation. They all toe the same line.”

So yeah, she know exactly what she was doing. I guess she wanted a head start on her Newsmax/OAN audition, unless she considers them to be corporate media.

• Like 4

On 6/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, froyo49 said:

From the Daily Beast:

So yeah, she know exactly what she was doing. I guess she wanted a head start on her Newsmax/OAN audition, unless she considers them to be corporate media.

I'll leave it at this.

How much of this is purely for grabbing one's attention versus any actual intention of providing some worthwhile, groundbreaking, original reporting that's going to change the world as we know it?

That's why I don't care.  It's this crying fire in a crowded theater is what's wrong with things today.  Just ignore all of these crackpots, and they'll go away, we hope.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Adam Winkler who was the Sports Director for WTKR CBS 3 in Norfolk is moving back home to the ABC O&O station KTRK-TV.

He seems like a fairly seasoned sports anchor…is Greg Bailey still with the station? They’ve lost Bob Slovak (huge loss) and David Nuno recently.

• Like 1

Are there any ABC O&O stations going back to their pre-covid set ups and if not, has Disney indicated what standards they’re following? The CDC has removed even the social distancing guidelines for vaccinated groups and the split screens, wide distance between everyone on set, etc. was never been visually appealing. Seems arbitrary to still be doing it at this point.

3 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Are there any ABC O&O stations going back to their pre-covid set ups and if not, has Disney indicated what standards they’re following? The CDC has removed even the social distancing guidelines for vaccinated groups and the split screens, wide distance between everyone on set, etc. was never been visually appealing. Seems arbitrary to still be doing it at this point.

WPVI in Philly has almost all of their on-air people back in-studio and the anchors are sitting closer together (not pre-COVID closeness). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

WLS began going back to normal anchor distance starting last Friday (reopening day), with the 4 weeknight anchors completing the transition this past Monday. Sports is done from a stand-up position, and one meteorologist at a time is in a studio next door (AM meteorologist Tracy Butler is still at home, having had cancer in the last couple years). Even the morning consumer anchor is seated at the desk for her reports.

697292199_bandicam2021-06-1517-31-23-064.thumb.png.5ca6ac43c821cc7bac61eefe46cda610.png1477410254_bandicam2021-06-1519-11-24-351.thumb.png.8028f9ef311308095444067a099b6e26.png

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2

Interesting. Seems that KTRK, KABC and WABC are still following social distancing guidelines with anchors noticeably spaced across the studio. Weather and sports anchors are stationed in different parts of the studio as well. All this despite the fact that anchors are posting social media photos hugging one another, having guests inside the studio, etc.

GMA also seems to be following social distancing guidelines with Ginger and Lara still stationed remotely. 

Not trying to be that guy but it just seems odd to me considering they’ve all likely been vaccinated for months and aren’t particularly following the same guidelines off the air. The distance is simply not visually appealing. /rant over

• Like 4

On 6/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, MorningNews said:

Interesting. Seems that KTRK, KABC and WABC are still following social distancing guidelines with anchors noticeably spaced across the studio. Weather and sports anchors are stationed in different parts of the studio as well. All this despite the fact that anchors are posting social media photos hugging one another, having guests inside the studio, etc.

GMA also seems to be following social distancing guidelines with Ginger and Lara still stationed remotely. 

Not trying to be that guy but it just seems odd to me considering they’ve all likely been vaccinated for months and aren’t particularly following the same guidelines off the air. The distance is simply not visually appealing. /rant over

Not sure if anyone else is following like I am (lol) but KTLA has closed the gap as of today and their anchors are sitting back at pre-pandemic distance.

Edit: actually seems as the it’s just for the morning news. Odd

Edited by MorningNews

Ahh..April Moss the latest to add to the list ..

I guess CBS was right in not having a newscast on WWJ 62 [when they had no choice but to buy it when it was WGPR TV after WJBK went to FOX]...only a 2.5 minute weathercast and a short sports update at 11pm

Edited by lugnuts6
  • Like 2

Susie Steimle announced on Twitter that it’s her last week at KPIX.

Second, Emily Turner also leaving…

this is a third departure from KPIX this week with Veronica De La Cruz officially gone. 

Edited by SFTV

On 6/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, MorningNews said:

KGO in mornings are sitting close together while still separated in the evenings, WPVI is the having news anchors close together sit at the desk while weather and sports are standing at the side of desk.