Out & About

TexasTVNews

4 hours ago, SFTV said:

News Director Tim Wieland from KCNC has confirmed via Twitter that Michelle Griego is leaving KPIX and will be heading back home to anchor CBS4 Mornings.

Michelle tweeted she will be heading home in August.

Not sure who will replace Michele’s position... The only candidates come to mind are Anne Makovec, Emily Turner, maybe Veronica De La Cruz if she comes back since she’s been on LOA for health and personal reasons.

Nice catch; they both shared this last Thursday but I certainly never spotted this lol 

Hopefully that blogger can be done ranting about the station, but... what do I know

As for replacements, 

- Anne is the most natural replacement based on position so it should be the easiest to slot her right in. 

- If not, I think they'll hire someone new, because Emily is a relatively new mom and VDLC is essentially gone. 

- But if Emily also wants the job, she would fit right in as well. Didn't Maria also used to anchor with Frank Mallicoat (before he was forced out)? Could we see her return to the anchor chair? I know she had tough personal losses last year, so I also understand if she sticks to reporting on her schedule/doesn't want to return to mornings.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, TVNewsLover said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/editdesk.wordpress.com/2020/10/09/qa-with-wtvd-meteorologist-brittany-bell/amp/

According to this article, 4:30pm and 5:30pm. I wonder if she handles the 12 noon show too.

And just like that, Brittany Bell is leaving ABC11 for WABC. Unsure if anyone is leaving the flagship, but they could probably stand to have a 5th meteorologist, with Sam Champion's limited availability.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP8kcUMnKhG/

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Meta question… the banner at the top of this thread has said it’s about to become “coming and goings” for like two years now.

Is that ever going to happen?

Been wondering the same thing

On 1/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, TheWatcherAtl said:

I'm close to Bobeth's situation with WGCL, I wish I could speak more on the issue but knowing the fact of I KNOW Scott Jones lurks this form he'll just take what I posted and repost it for his website as if it's his own personal report.

Long story short we'll hear (See) Bobeth Yates very soon.

Hey.. so whats new at WGCL? Any more talent changes on the horizon? Morale? How are the ratings? Has the new ND moved the needle?

On 6/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, jerseyfla said:

This was just an old picture he posted for memories. He is not coming back to TV (yet). 

According to a latest post…he is. He’s going to be part of a new program called “Goin’ Places” that will air on WMOR-TV in July. Here’s the promo he shared on his Facebook page. Ricc Rollins whose hosting the program comes from WTVT. 

https://youtu.be/SDFF-vXvEMY

KTVU was off the air for more than four hours because of a power outage. Power went out to the station around 5am. The station was back on the air around 9 running NewsNow with some intermittent updates from Pam at the newsroom flash cam.

2 hours ago, newsdude said:

Teaming up with Project Veritas and RT'ed by the right-wing "Breaking911" Twitter account? 

Seems legit.

This is no Charlo Greene/KTVA "(Bleep) it, I quit" situation...at least there she was in control of her story (and was successful). This dimbulb was quickly forgotten by most of the audience who cared more about ERCOT than whatever comes out from some fringe site tomorrow.

Also, on the one week in seven years FTVLive takes time off. 🤣

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

This is no Charlo Greene/KTVA "(Bleep) it, I quit" situation...at least there she was in control of her story (and was successful). This dimbulb was quickly forgotten by most of the audience who cared more about ERCOT than whatever comes out from some fringe site tomorrow.

Also, on the one week in seven years FTVLive takes time off. 🤣

I was just thinking the same! Scott Jones would be all over this mess. Why is she still on the fox26 site? Surely she should have been fired by days end? 

• Like 1

Ohhhhhhhh CNN & MSNBC will have a field day tomorrow with this..but now if this is in the same ballpark as say RKO GENERAL in the late 70s could this have the same type consequence for FOX O&Os and the network as a whole???  

UPDATED: 9:19 am et. Just read FTVLive...and nope, this is a nothingmajorburger,  except that she just pearl harbored [wrestling term] her tv news career, tho maybe she can get in with OAN.

Edited by lugnuts6
got updated info

57 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

Ohhhhhhhh CNN & MSNBC will have a field day tomorrow with this..but now if this is in the same ballpark as say RKO GENERAL in the late 70s could this have the same type consequence for FOX O&Os and the network as a whole???

No. That’s insane.

Well, it's happening. Cincinnati's FOX 19 (WXIX) is expanding its news once again. Starting September 13th, FOX 19 is adding another hour of news with an addition of a 3PM newscast. FOX 19 News Now at 3pm will be anchored by Chris Riva, Amber Jayanth, and Meteorologist Ashley Smith.

And that's only the beginning, FOX 19's Saturday morning newscast will also begin an hour earlier starting this fall, and it will air from 7:00-10am rather than 8:00-10am.

With is move, WXIX will provide 68.5 hours a week of live local news, more than any other station in the market.

https://www.wvxu.org/post/wxix-tv-expanding-local-news-fill-judge-judy-3-pm-slot-fall#stream/0

3 hours ago, lugnuts6 said:

and Ivory has now been "suspended Indefinately pending review" ..oh yeah, Ivory recorded the ND calling her home with the news

And she’s gone. Bio removed from KRIV’s website plus there is a recording on Facebook of her on the phone with the HR director asking when she can come get her equipment (badge, company owned equipment etc)

• Like 4