Out & About

TexasTVNews

45 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

She was diagnosed last year and just finished chemo a couple of weeks ago and started working again last week.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2021 at 7:58 AM, Nelson R. said:

WCNC’s Savannah Levins moving down 85 to sister station WXIA.

It's hilarious how so many Georgians use Charlotte as their news career launchpad move to Atlanta but wind up right back in Charlotte in the end... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jero23 said:

It's hilarious how so many Georgians use Charlotte as their news career launchpad move to Atlanta but wind up right back in Charlotte in the end... 

Tulsa is pretty much the Dallas-Fort Worth market's AAA farm system for anchors and reporters.

• Like 2

So following KPIX's footsteps.......

KNTV is adding two new newscasts at 5:30pm & 7pm beginning June 7. Nightly is being moved to 6:30pm.

Back in January 2019, KPIX followed this similar practice by moving the Evening News from 5:30 to 6:30 while extending the 5 a full hour, and added the 7.

Edited by CircleSeven

Outside of San Francisco (and maybe Sacramento), Pacific Time in the TV landscape is basically the same as Eastern Time? (with network news at 6:30, Access hour at 7pm, Primetime at 8, Prime news at 10 and late news at 11?)

The temptation is there for sure to mess with the feeds and air things earlier if they can...

Arizona is even wackier since they don't follow DST...

Edited by tyrannical bastard

42 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So following KPIX's footsteps.......

KNTV is adding two new newscasts at 5:30pm & 7pm beginning June 7. Nightly is being moved to 6:30pm.

Back in January 2019, KPIX followed this similar practice by moving the Evening News from 5:30 to 6:30 while extending the 5 a full hour, and added the 7.

Makes no sense with the 7pm since it’s already KPIX and KTVU Plus.

at least have a 4pm show like KNSD and KNBC.

The only 7pm show I recall was KNSD, KNBC and KNTV when they had the California NonStop sub channel. 

19 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Makes no sense with the 7pm since it’s already KPIX and KTVU Plus.

at least have a 4pm show like KNSD and KNBC.

Agreed on the 4PM to be more in line with the rest of corporate, but I get that they don't have to be cookie-cutter if they really don't want to.

Whatever KNTV does at these two new time slots won't have anything on KGO - WNT continues to lead and Jeopardy/WOF is hard to beat anywhere.

I actually think what KNTV has right now is still best-positioned to challenge KGO, but based on the station's hard push towards 'deep-dive' investigations and documentaries, this might be the way to get them out to a broader audience. Still, I suppose this is NBC's meh response to cutting off All Access?

36 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Outside of San Francisco (and maybe Sacramento), Pacific Time in the TV landscape is basically the same as Eastern Time? (with network news at 6:30, Access hour at 7pm, Primetime at 8, Prime news at 10 and late news at 11?)

Actually, most stations in the Pacific time zone air the network shows at 5:30.

LA and maybe a handful of stations (i.e. KGTV & KIRO) air it at 6:30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

The temptation is there for sure to mess with the feeds and air things earlier if they can...

Arizona is even wackier since they don't follow DST...

San Francisco did away with early prime after a few years. It was just their NBC and CBS station that did that. Sacramento is the only PST station that has it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Agreed on the 4PM to be more in line with the rest of corporate, but I get that they don't have to be cookie-cutter if they really don't want to.

Whatever KNTV does at these two new time slots won't have anything on KGO - WNT continues to lead and Jeopardy/WOF is hard to beat anywhere.

I actually think what KNTV has right now is still best-positioned to challenge KGO, but based on the station's hard push towards 'deep-dive' investigations and documentaries, this might be the way to get them out to a broader audience. Still, I suppose this is NBC's meh response to cutting off All Access?

Isn’t Ellen getting cancelled? That’ll give KNTV a chance at 4pm unless they throw in some syndication...

On 5/23/2021 at 6:55 PM, Georgie56 said:

Tulsa is pretty much the Dallas-Fort Worth market's AAA farm system for anchors and reporters.

Same with Oklahoma City they have lost a few good anchor, reporters, and meteorologists to DFW.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SFTV said:

Isn’t Ellen getting cancelled? That’ll give KNTV a chance at 4pm unless they throw in some syndication...

Ellen is ending her show a year from now.  NBCU has not said yet what they plan to use as a back fill - I suspect they will move Kelly Clarkson up from an earlier time on most NBCU stations.

Isn't this shuffling a result of the cancellation of All Access?  Many of us in larger NBCU O&O markets are waiting to see what NBC plans on doing with the 7 pm hour. It has long been rumored that WNBC may return a 7 pm news program and shift Access Hollywood to 7:30.  With a little over a month to go before All Access ends its run (it is only shown on NBCU O&Os), no announcements have been made except in San Francisco now.