Out & About

TexasTVNews

I'm not sure what happened at KSNW, but their midday anchor left the set after seven or eight minutes today. On the replay, she sounded like someone gasping for air, and eventually just stopped reading. The director cut to a surprised meteorologist.

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

I'm not sure what happened at KSNW, but their midday anchor left the set after seven or eight minutes today. On the replay, she sounded like someone gasping for air, and eventually just stopped reading. The director cut to a surprised meteorologist.

Wow I am hoping and praying that Carly is okay. She answered one person on her Facebook saying "thanks for you're message" an hour ago.

Edited by ScottSchell
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TheRob said:

Don't think I've even that in a newscast. Hope she's ok. 

I didn't know this until now, but WUSA9 weekend morning anchor Mikea Turner joined WWBT NBC12 here in Richmond. No wonder I haven't seen her on WUSA9's Wake Up Washington in awhile! She joined the station two weeks ago and she's the new weeknight co-anchor (Karla Redditte left WWBT for Spectrum News in Charlotte last month).

Tweet from Jan. 15th...

Mikea Turner on Twitter: "ICYMI: My first week at @NBC12 flew by fast. Here’s a peek at my intro to viewers this week. Thanks for the warm welcome. You can catch me on the 5,6,7(CW),10(FOX through next week) and 11p.m. on NBC. #RVA 💚 https://t.co/Q6C9ZJOd6p" / Twitter

Edited by tw-804

On 1/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

I wonder how much longer Nexstar is planning on running WJZY under the FOX O&O branding.  Will it be like WJW where it took a good seven or eight years before they even tweaked the brand long after Fox had sold them off?

The current WJW look would look good on them.... as opposed to what happened at WXIN which got the current Nexstar FOX package.

Not anytime soon considering the current Fox O&O look is barely a year old. Also who knows what ownership reshuffle could occur in the future with that station.

Edited by jero23

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Tom Koch is hanging is up.

After nearly four decades at KTRK, the longtime morning anchor announced his retirement this morning. He will anchor his final broadcast in May.

Tom Koch is an institution in Houston morning tv, he’s literally been there forever. I don’t live there anymore but born and raised in Houston and that is a huge loss for the station / city!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I like This one KDKA did better 2 years ago. 

FB_IMG_1612507853179.jpg

Someone at KDKA actually got fired for that stunt, if I'm not mistaken (KDKA is a CBS owned-and-operated station, after all).

7 hours ago, TheRob said:

🤔

Now in KSHB's case, this more than likely was tongue-in-cheek; I think they did this with the hopes Tom Brady and his people find it funny, and are good sports about it (let's hope).....😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, TheWatcherAtl said:

I'm close to Bobeth's situation with WGCL, I wish I could speak more on the issue but knowing the fact of I KNOW Scott Jones lurks this form he'll just take what I posted and repost it for his website as if it's his own personal report.

Long story short we'll hear (See) Bobeth Yates freelancing very soon.

Bobeth is currently working for CBS 4 Miami. 

Edited by TheWatcherAtl

3 hours ago, J1975am said:

Someone at KDKA actually got fired for that stunt, if I'm not mistaken (KDKA is a CBS owned-and-operated station, after all).

Now in KSHB's case, this more than likely was tongue-in-cheek; I think they did this with the hopes Tom Brady and his people find it funny, and are good sports about it (let's hope).....😀

KSHB had a story on a United Methodist pastor named Tom Brady.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Meteorologist Laura Velasquez is coming back home to Grand Rapids, MI as a meteorologist for WXMI -- she's taking over for Ty Shesky who is leaving the business... 

She previously worked for WOOD, then KDVR, then AccuWeather

https://twitter.com/FOX17/status/1357822561032105984?s=20

Edited by MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie