Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 5/15/2020 at 12:24 AM, TexasTVNews said:

Longtime anchor of Salt Lake City's CBS 2 News (KUTV) is out of the job. Shauna Lake has been fired from KUTV after her 2nd DUI arrest.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2020/05/14/scott-d-pierce-kutv-fires/

Good. She had a good secure job in a top market and all she had to do is not drink and drive and she couldn't even do that. What a dumbass. I have no sympathy for her

• Concerned 2

On 5/15/2020 at 12:24 AM, TexasTVNews said:

Longtime anchor of Salt Lake City's CBS 2 News (KUTV) is out of the job. Shauna Lake has been fired from KUTV after her 2nd DUI arrest.

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2020/05/14/scott-d-pierce-kutv-fires/

Sinclair stinks. That's the flat out truth.

However, I will give credit where credit is due and in this case, Sinclair did something right for once. And if your asking the question I think you're asking, no... she'll never ever get her job back at KUTV or a job with any other TV news station in Utah ever again.

If she does come back, Wyoming or Glendive would be happy to have her, because that or never on TV again, is where she belongs.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

However, I will give credit where credit is due and in this case, Sinclair did something right for once. And if your asking the question I think you're asking, no... she'll never ever get her job back at KUTV or a job with any other TV news station in Utah ever again.

If she does come back, Wyoming or Glendive would be happy to have her, because that or never on TV again, is where she belongs.

Roly, I am sure you have heard of the case of Colleen Campbell, who was fired from WPHL after going on epic-filled expletive tirade against a Philadelphia police officer that was caught on video. She eventually wound up at WDTV in Clarksburg, WV the next year, and this year will mark two years for her there with thankfully no trouble (she is now chief forecaster on the station's main newscasts).

In Campbell's case, what do you think the chances of her moving to a bigger market would be within the next few years, if she wanted to? Do you think that viral video of her would still be a factor, even though it's been 3 years since it happened?

Edited by J1975am

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My co-workers and I tried to build up a strong support network around her, but she still ended up losing her job and eventually her life due to this addiction.

When we're talking about on air talent on this website, I don't think it's a lot to ask that you try to have some kind of respect for the person - as we have no idea what they were going through when they made the decisions they did. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Concerned 1

2 hours ago, noggi said:

I worked with a news anchor who battled an alcohol addiction. It's not just about someone having too much fun and getting carried away, there sometimes are much deeper issues we don't know about. My co-workers and I tried to build up a strong support network around her, but she still ended up losing her job and eventually her life due to this addiction.

When we're talking about on air talent on this website, I don't think it's a lot to ask that you try to have some kind of respect for the person - as we have no idea what they were going through when they made the decisions they did. 

AMEN.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So she basically have to move to another state, because the Salt Lake City is the only Television market in the state. That's tough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

h/t @news89

Screenshot_20200516-171755_Facebook.jpg

If that's the case, then WOW! It made my spirit rise up + said Ain't God good? I'm not overtly religious but I felt that much. That said, continued strength + prayers for the family, FOX 8 + NE Ohio. Good news of this sort is sorely needed. 🙏 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, noggi said:

Case in point: Former WAGA & WGCL anchor Amanda Davis.

Edited by RGSJenkins
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Good. She had a good secure job in a top market and all she had to do is not drink and drive and she couldn't even do that. What a dumbass. I have no sympathy for her

Wow, way to go! Taking joy in someone else’s misery.

22 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Was it the right thing? A good employer would’ve tried to get them the right help.

13 hours ago, J1975am said:

Roly, I am sure you have heard of the case of Colleen Campbell, who was fired from WPHL after going on epic-filled expletive tirade against a Philadelphia police officer that was caught on video. She eventually wound up at WDTV in Clarksburg, WV the next year, and this year will mark two years for her there with thankfully no trouble (she is now chief forecaster on the station's main newscasts).

In Campbell's case, what do you think the chances of her moving to a bigger market would be within the next few years, if she wanted to? Do you think that viral video of her would still be a factor, even though it's been 3 years since it happened?

Yeah, good luck getting an answer to that question. He rarely responds.

9 hours ago, noggi said:

Thank you, finally a voice of reason.

Edited by TVNewsLover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Concerned 1

51 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Wow, way to go! Taking joy in someone else’s misery.

Was it the right thing? A good employer would’ve tried to get them the right help.

Thank you, finally a voice of reason.

Someone's misery? Seriously? 🙄

Edited by Yankees4life

6 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

In that case, I will ask you, TVNewsLover, what are the chances of Colleen Campbell moving to a bigger market than where she is at now (WDTV in Clarksburg, WV) in a few years? Would that viral video from 3 years ago still be a factor in her possibly going to a bigger market, if she decides to???

11 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

That infamous quote from her on the CBS Morning News in the mid-‘80s is NOT how Phyllis George would want to be remembered.....😐

• Like 2

other notes: 

Apparently, Rudabeh Shahbazi (a crush among some here at TVNT) is abruptly out as anchor at WFOR after 5 years. Keyword is abruptly because there is no formal goodbye. After notifying the station that she's leaving for an opportunity as "a national reporter/anchor", Bosses made sure them locks were changed + she don't come back no more. That include not allowing her to retrieve her belongings, according to her. Any guesses on her next step btw?

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article242697671.html

NBC 'Today' lost another crew member in 'Big Dave' Anderkavich, announced this past monday's show. No word on cause of death yet. 🙏

https://www.today.com/video/today-remembers-beloved-crew-member-big-dave-anderkavich-83286597687 

Edited by justin2kx

2 hours ago, justin2kx said:

other notes: 

Apparently, Rudabeh Shahbazi (a crush among some here at TVNT) is abruptly out as anchor at WFOR after 5 years. Keyword is abruptly because there is no formal goodbye. After notifying the station that she's leaving for an opportunity as "a national reporter/anchor", Bosses made sure them locks were changed + she don't come back no more. That include not allowing her to retrieve her belongings, according to her. Any guesses on her next step btw?

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article242697671.html

NBC 'Today' lost another crew member in 'Big Dave' Anderkavich, announced this past monday's show. No word on cause of death yet. 🙏

https://www.today.com/video/today-remembers-beloved-crew-member-big-dave-anderkavich-83286597687 

My guess is that Rudabeh (come back to LA) is going to Nexstar's News Nation. There was another article in FTVLive last week that mentioned News Nation would possibly have a Miami bureau. That might be where she ends up. I was never a fan of Rudabeh's anchoring here in LA on KABC weekend mornings., but she did great as a GA reporter the other three days a week.

3 hours ago, FiveNews said:

My guess is that Rudabeh (come back to LA) is going to Nexstar's News Nation. There was another article in FTVLive last week that mentioned News Nation would possibly have a Miami bureau. That might be where she ends up. I was never a fan of Rudabeh's anchoring here in LA on KABC weekend mornings., but she did great as a GA reporter the other three days a week.

Yeah I had a feeling she going to News Nation she said a "National" anchor position on the "National Level" so I guess she's gonna be the founding anchors of Nexstar's News Nation!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J1975am said:

That infamous quote from her on the CBS Morning News in the mid-‘80s is NOT how Phyllis George would want to be remembered.....😐

CBS was finally beginning to gain some traction in the morning with Bill Kurtis, and it began to slip again after Diane Sawyer left the show.  Even Meredith Viera was a contender, decades before she inherited the co-anchor slot on Today when Katie Couric left for CBS.

Bottom line, it was a bad pairing to bring her on to the show (after a short trial and a 3 year deal), and it seemed to tank her trailblazing career up to that point.  Bill Kurtis went back to Chicago to anchor at WBBM.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

23 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

I get it but I think she needs to learn from this on her own before getting any kind of help from anyone. She's responsible for her own actions.

2 hours ago, Superdude said:

KDKA-TV seems to have eliminated the 6:57 intershow break between the news @ 6 and CBSEN @7.  

I'll have to see if they still have the 12:27 break before young and the restless.

I seen that tonight. Don't know when that started, but I noticed it this evening. 

The 12:27 break before Y&R is still there. 

7 hours ago, tjt24 said:

I seen that tonight. Don't know when that started, but I noticed it this evening. 

The 12:27 break before Y&R is still there. 

I figured. I always liked how kd would traditionally say 'stay tuned for (name of show here)' at the end of the newscast. Many other stations don't bother, its a nice touch.

I'm shocked they didnt have the 6:56 adbreak last night.  That used to be a big ad revenue spot, especially during the PA lottery years and kenny ross.  I guess with current world events the ad sales aren't optimal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superdude said:

I figured. I always liked how kd would traditionally say 'stay tuned for (name of show here)' at the end of the newscast. Many other stations don't bother, its a nice touch.

I'm shocked they didnt have the 6:56 adbreak last night.  That used to be a big ad revenue spot, especially during the PA lottery years and kenny ross.  I guess with current world events the ad sales aren't optimal.

I've always liked that as well. I think they only did that for the noon news though.

Edited by tjt24