Out & About

TexasTVNews

News:

WISN 12 News  Mike Anderson has passed away.

https://www.wisn.com/article/veteran-wisn-12-journalist-mike-anderson-passes-away/32223015

I don't know if it was discussed but Donna Deegan former news anchor in Jacksonville running for congress

https://donnadeeganforcongress.com/

18 hours ago, ColDayNews said:

Kerry Charles is headed from Atlanta to Columbus - will replace Mike Jackson at WCMH. 

https://www.nbc4i.com/local-4-you/nbc4-announces-kerry-charles-to-anchor-6p-7p-and-11p-news/

He from Columbus, but can't believe he would leave FOX O&O station for Nexstar.  I guess Mike health not too good.

Edited by Breaking News
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Breaking News said:

News:

https://www.wisn.com/article/veteran-wisn-12-journalist-mike-anderson-passes-away/32223015

I don't know if it was discussed but Donna Deegan former news anchor in Jacksonville running for congress

He from Columbus, but can't believe he would leave FOX O&O station for Nexstar.  I guess Mike health not too good.

Jackson had a massive stroke last January-- his bio remains on the station's website as "Anchor Emeritus."

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, NYPhillynews said:

She hadn’t even been at KPRC one year. I wonder if ratings were a factor.

Seems like she was given a raw deal. Maybe her co-anchor needed to be changed. 

Owen Confleti, her co-anchor has been there for about 15 years and was there during one of the station’s worst periods. He’s not particularly strong as an anchor either so it’s amazing to me how he’s weathered the revolving door. 

The anchor of Houston’s perennial #1 in the AM has been there for nearly 40 years I think.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:15 PM, MorningNews said:

Owen Confleti, her co-anchor has been there for about 15 years and was there during one of the station’s worst periods. He’s not particularly strong as an anchor either so it’s amazing to me how he’s weathered the revolving door. 

The anchor of Houston’s perennial #1 in the AM has been there for nearly 40 years I think.

You mean KTRK???

On 4/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, NYPhillynews said:

She hadn’t even been at KPRC one year. I wonder if ratings were a factor.

Seems like she was given a raw deal. Maybe her co-anchor needed to be changed. 

Replacing her with Lisa will be fine, I'm gonna miss her face and those chubby cheeks.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:35 PM, Breaking News said:

News:

WAGA has been hemorrhaging black on-air talent since last spring. First, Cynné Simpson, Marissa Mitchell, and now Kerry Charles.  It's seems like FTS isn't it for them. 

On 4/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, TheRob said:

On 4/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Terrible news for all of their employees, many who have been working hard during this crisis.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sinclair is next...they took a horrible gamble on the RSN purchases from FOX, lost a lot of carriage before the crisis, and then came the COVID-19 crisis and all of it's fallout. 

Now the RSN's are worthless without fresh content and less ways to watch them.

Meanwhile, the stations are chugging along producing content and many are working from home.

Do you guys think that perhaps Sinclair and Meredith both might go under? Sinclair is not a surprise here but its Meredith that's the bigger of the surprise here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Do you guys think that perhaps Sinclair and Meredith both might go under? Sinclair is not a surprise here but its Meredith that's the bigger of the surprise here

I think Sinclair is due for a reckoning, (fire sale) and Meredith may be a seller before they know it.  Sinclair is obviously hurting from the enormous debt from all of their M&A and bad purchases (the RSN's), and Meredith is reeling from their magazines and advertising declines.

• Like 1

http://kcradio.robzerwekh.com/ This weekend is Jonathan McCall's last weekend at WDAF-TV. The weekend anchor is moving to KRON-TV in San Francisco, where he will also be weekend anchor and part of the anchor team on KRON's digital steaming channel. McCall spent a little less than a year in Kansas City.

Edited by Asomrjsurf
fixed Text size

On 4/25/2020 at 12:37 PM, Asomrjsurf said:

This weekend is Jonathan McCall's last weekend at WDAF-TV. The weekend anchor is moving to KRON-TV in San Francisco, where he will also be weekend anchor and part of the anchor team on KRON's digital steaming channel. McCall spent a little less than a year in Kansas City.

Wow - He has jumped around quite a bit. He was at Spectrum News here in Charlotte for a bit (literally, outside my apartment), after coming from WJZ. Thats a lot of moving around!

6 hours ago, CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI said:

Wow - He has jumped around quite a bit. He was at Spectrum News here in Charlotte for a bit (literally, outside my apartment), after coming from WJZ. Thats a lot of moving around!

Thanks... now I’ve got the image of the guy doing the news in the hallway literally outside your apartment...

• Haha 4

I noticed NBC CT started a weekly kids show? Any other NBC O&O doing this? 

Seems like a great idea during this time and looks very well done, 2 episodes are on their YouTube page, the guide says it airs Fridays at 11:30. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MikeBucc said:

Seems like a great idea during this time and looks very well done, 2 episodes are on their YouTube page, the guide says it airs Fridays at 11:30. 

I know that WOIO (yes I know its not an O&O) has been doing streaming a "story time" and a "weather school" weekdays in the 10am hour. Also in partnership with Cleveland Metropolitan School District, WUAB airs content for the kids weekdays at 9-10am on TV.

17 hours ago, MikeBucc said:

WRC started a weekend broadcast called News 4 Kids a few weeks ago. 

19 hours ago, MikeBucc said:

It’s not quite this but WITI has replaced one of their Judge Judy reruns at 12:00pm with rotating E/I programming (mostly encores from the Xploration Station block)

9 hours ago, SFTV said:

Tabitha Lipkin leaves KSWB to become Morning Host for NBCLX in Dallas. 

Wow that departure from California she was national OAN. Then the late XETV CW6 she was there till the station literally shut down the news department. She immediately bounced to FOX 5 KSWB, and now Dallas-Fort Worth, wow she was sports anchor at FOX KSWB btw.

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

Wow that departure from California she was national OAN. Then the late XETV CW6 she was there till the station literally shut down the news department. She immediately bounced to FOX 5 KSWB, and now Dallas-Fort Worth, wow she was sports anchor at FOX KSWB btw.

She was the jack of all trades.

Sports, Anchoring, Reporting and she was last doing weather for the afternoons and evenings.