Out & About

TexasTVNews

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

If you post another post within a short period of time, it will automatically merge.

Should have a choice, the subjects could be totally unrelated.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, nbc9houston said:

KPRC has named Rachel McNeill's replacement on the morning newscast.  Taniya Wright, a morning anchor for WNCN in Raleigh, will begin on KPRC on August 5th.  Consumer expert Amy Davis and health reporter Haley Hernandez have been alternating as morning co-anchor on a weekly basis since McNeill's departure.

https://www.click2houston.com/community/taniya-wright-joins-kprc-2-morning-team

Taniya Wright has departed from KPRC-TV.  Whether she resigned or was dismissed is currently unclear; the station did not make an official comment. 

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2020/04/taniya-wright-leaves-kprc-2.html

Her bio has been removed from KPRC's website this afternoon. 

https://www.click2houston.com/team/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, newsbot said:

Effective Monday WFXT is shifting its six-hour morning news block forward one hour to 5A-11A. With fewer commuters and more home-based workers, this gamble just might pay off.

It's only temporary though so don't celebrate just yet as it'll go back to 4-10AM once its all through.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:25 PM, nbc9houston said:

Taniya Wright has departed from KPRC-TV.  Whether she resigned or was dismissed is currently unclear; the station did not make an official comment. 

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2020/04/taniya-wright-leaves-kprc-2.html

Her bio has been removed from KPRC's website this afternoon. 

https://www.click2houston.com/team/

Not her, Taniya used to work here in Raleigh, I knew her the only reason for her move to Texas Houston was to follow her fiance. She had an excellent paying job that sad not even a year. Ironically at WNCN it wasn't even a year. I gonna miss watching her in Houston from Raleigh  she a good salary and following. It was so stupid she left.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

It's only temporary though so don't celebrate just yet as it'll go back to 4-10AM once its all through.

I've seen nothing in the station's messaging to suggest that this is temporary. In any event, this will not be through any time soon; as with previous pandemics, there is significant risk of a second wave absent an effective vaccine.

Edited by newsbot

1 minute ago, newsbot said:

I've seen nothing in the station's messaging to suggest that this is temporary. In any event, this will not be through any time soon.

Nah maybe the next month or 2. WRC did it I think had ratings success during last years government shutdown.

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Nah maybe the next month or 2. WRC did it I think had ratings success during last years government shutdown.

The government shutdown was by definition temporary; without a vaccine work schedules face extreme disruption for an indefinite period of time in the COVID-19 era. Furthermore, a significant amount of work will be home-based going forward. Even a number of TV reporters I've spoken to acknowledge that things will never be the same again.

Edited by newsbot
  • Like 1

A homebound reporter at KCRA's partner has given a new meaning to "Out and About" here🤭 (no embed of the tweet or the videos of it below it because I'd like to continue posting here 😉)

And yes, like the auto show guy from KOVR/KMAX a few months back, Hearst/KCRA are pulling all mention of it/the report from every social media channel they have and praying to the FCC gods Ajit is distracted.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

A homebound reporter at KCRA's partner has given a new meaning to "Out and About" here🤭 (no embed of the tweet or the videos of it below it because I'd like to continue posting here 😉)

And yes, like the auto show guy from KOVR/KMAX a few months back, Hearst/KCRA are pulling all mention of it/the report from every social media channel they have and praying to the FCC gods Ajit is distracted.

I think she's about to be spending even more time at home.

5 hours ago, TheRob said:

Terrible news for all of their employees, many who have been working hard during this crisis.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sinclair is next...they took a horrible gamble on the RSN purchases from FOX, lost a lot of carriage before the crisis, and then came the COVID-19 crisis and all of it's fallout. 

Now the RSN's are worthless without fresh content and less ways to watch them.

Meanwhile, the stations are chugging along producing content and many are working from home.

20 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

obviously unfortunate circumstances BUT you can't tell 'em thirsty broads (and some dudes, no judging) below reactions on twitter or any social for nothing, wishing they were in that reporter's place. 🤭 'Welcoming distraction' indeed. To pray for Ajit Pay-off to sleep over is an understatement.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:12 PM, TheRob said:

The website says the nomination announcement is today. These announcements normally happen in the evening.

Recently check their website. The date for the nominations is TBD, The new date for The SouthEast Awards is September 12th (Originally it was in May)

I really hate Covid19, it put everything on pause.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:13 PM, Gavin said:

Not her, Taniya used to work here in Raleigh, I knew her the only reason for her move to Texas Houston was to follow her fiance. She had an excellent paying job that sad not even a year. Ironically at WNCN it wasn't even a year. I gonna miss watching her in Houston from Raleigh  she a good salary and following. It was so stupid she left.

Former KHOU anchor Lisa Hernandez has been named as Taniya Wright's replacement: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/04/21/lisa-hernandez-to-co-anchor-kprc-2-morning-newscast/%3foutputType=amp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nbc9houston said:

and apparently it wasn't her decision to leave also...

SmartSelect_20200421-135255_Facebook.jpg

• Sad 2