Out & About

TexasTVNews

5 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Mike Grogan has left KOTV after 9 years Christmas night was his last broadcast hasn't announced yet where he will be heading next.

29 minutes ago, edladd said:

KOCO has an opening for a meteorologist...but since it was a female that left they may hire another lady.

Interesting timing--I will say. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

Interesting timing--I will say. 

37 minutes ago, edladd said:

KOCO has an opening for a meteorologist...but since it was a female that left they may hire another lady.

Plus KAMR in Amarillo is also hiring for a Meteorologist since Britany Trumpy left for Myrtle Beach. And I believe KXXV in Waco is also.

Edited by ScottSchell
  • Like 2

Tracy Sabol exits WMTW after 14 years. She joined the station in April 2006 as a weekend anchor/reporter. She was promoted to weekday evening anchor in 2010. She's leaving to be closer to family in the DC area.
https://www.wmtw.com/article/tracy-sabol-1577836429-maine-wmtw/30371383

Edited by newsbot

Today, January 2, 2020, is the 25th anniversary of the affiliation switches in Boston and Baltimore that was the result of the Westinghouse-CBS alliance.

In Boston, the switch was straightforward, Group W's WBZ dropped NBC to join CBS while Sunbeam's WHDH departed CBS to join NBC.

In Baltimore, the switch was a little more complicated, Scripps' WMAR went from NBC to ABC, Hearst's WBAL dropped CBS and rejoined NBC, and Group W's WJZ left ABC for CBS.

As posted in Discord, KOKH Meteorologist Marcy Novak's last on-air date is today (January 2nd) she is leaving the broadcasting business after 13 years and will be spending time with her newborn babies. According to her Facebook post, her husband got a new job in the Dallas/Fort Worth area https://twitter.com/Marcynovakwx/status/1212555372495552513?s=19

WHDH/WLVI/WSVN owner Ed Ansin says he wants to die with his boots on - and he's gunning to swipe the FOX affiliation in Boston away from Cox/Apollo's WFXT
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2020/01/01/whdh-owner-ansin-still-charge-want-die-with-boots/OUdRVkqeC7AtU5c1YGlr4J/story.html

Edited by newsbot

55 minutes ago, newsbot said:

WHDH/WLVI/WSVN owner Ed Ansin says he wants to die with his boots on - and he's gunning to swipe the FOX affiliation in Boston away from Cox/Apollo's WFXT
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2020/01/01/whdh-owner-ansin-still-charge-want-die-with-boots/OUdRVkqeC7AtU5c1YGlr4J/story.html

With Miami now safe, and Boston 25 in a bit of an identity crisis, he'd be smart to tie any swap to a new agreement for WSVN. They're still the top FOX affiliate in the country, and FOX got burned once in Charlotte with an O&O - I'm sure they'd be happy with an upgrade in Boston.

Edited by TSSZNews

6 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

With Miami now safe, and Boston 25 in a bit of an identity crisis, he'd be smart to tie any swap to a new agreement for WSVN. They're still the top FOX affiliate in the country, and FOX got burned once in Charlotte with an O&O - I'm sure they'd be happy with an upgrade in Boston.

Should FOX be waiting for Ansin to pass, would they actually want F O&Os in AFC East markets? The Patriots' dynasty could end as early as this weekend, and the Dolphins are several years away from contending. If FOX wants an O&O in the AFC East, they can try WUTV/WNYO, Sinclair dogs in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, newsbot said:

Time to oil up the Speculatron!

Edited by MidwestTV

1 hour ago, newsbot said:

Without going full Speculatron, isn't WFXT's affiliation agreement tied to KOKI and WHBQ's?

9 hours ago, newsbot said:

This is probably worthy of it's own thread but I'll post my thoughts here.

I think the possibilities does exist as far as a potential affiliation switch is concerned the biggest question mark may come down to this:

How dissatisfied is Fox right now with WFXT? Is the negotiations between Cox and Fox not going well in Boston?

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

This is probably worthy of it's own thread but I'll post my thoughts here.

I think the possibilities does exist as far as a potential affiliation switch is concerned the biggest question mark may come down to this:

How dissatisfied is Fox right now with WFXT? Is the negotiations between Cox and Fox not going well in Boston?

Speculatron thread made.

Part of me sees this as Florida Man doing Florida Man things or Grandpa Simpson yelling at a cloud. The other half sees this as potentially catastrophic for Coxpollo. Adding in the ex-Northwest stations, Cox has Fox affiliates in nine other markets. Some of those markets might be a bit difficult to find stations in, The Delta (where Cox has a monopoly) and possibly Jacksonville (WJXT seems to be fine not pursuing a network) among them.

• Like 1