Out & About

TexasTVNews

7 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

Sometimes it's best to treat those sites as a running joke. The moment the media outlets start shaping their coverage to get the approval of conservative sites (or any political sites, for that matter) is the moment they lose all credibility.

Like I said, the media not mentioning party affiliation if a Democrat is involved is a running joke on conservative sites. Here's a sample from Instapundit:

(Glenn Reynolds links stories like these frequently, but the search terms I used only picked up a sample.)

1. Not once in a ten-paragraph report did the AP find the space to mention Dukes’ party affiliation — D-Austin.

2. There was no mention of party affiliation in any of the first 9 news articles.”

3. CBS Doesn’t Mention Jesse Jackson Jr. is a Democrat in Story About His Sentencing. It’s in the Style Guide: Party affiliation of disgraced pols is only relevant if they’re Republican.

4. OCCUPY CLEVELAND PARTICIPANT PLEADS GUILTY TO BOMBING PLOT. AP leaves mention of his affiliation to the last paragraph of the story. I’m sure they’d do the same if the Tea Party were involved. . . .

5. IT’S TIME TO PLAY NAME THAT PARTY! This story in the New York Times about the sentencing of New York State Senator Carl Kruger for corruption omits any mention of his party affiliation. And, sure enough, it turns out he’s a Democrat. Thanks to reader Thaddeus Perry for pointing this out.

6. UPDATE: About a gazillion readers wonder why Rep. Ackerman’s party affiliation isn’t mentioned. Yeah, go figure.

7. They don’t mention his party affiliation anywhere, but it turns out he’s a Democrat. A.P. should try using Google next time . . . .

8. But that’s not all. Read the whole thing. And try to guess her (unmentioned) political affiliation . . . .

9. It mentions that Young is, indeed, a GOP lawmaker.

10.“The LA Times never mentions Mr. Shelley’s party affiliation. Is it safe to assume he is a Democrat?” Yes, it is.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/?s=mention+affiliation

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry said:

Like I said, the media not mentioning party affiliation if a Democrat is involved is a running joke on conservative sites. Here's a sample from Instapundit:

(Glenn Reynolds links stories like these frequently, but the search terms I used only picked up a sample.)

1. Not once in a ten-paragraph report did the AP find the space to mention Dukes’ party affiliation — D-Austin.

2. There was no mention of party affiliation in any of the first 9 news articles.”

3. CBS Doesn’t Mention Jesse Jackson Jr. is a Democrat in Story About His Sentencing. It’s in the Style Guide: Party affiliation of disgraced pols is only relevant if they’re Republican.

4. OCCUPY CLEVELAND PARTICIPANT PLEADS GUILTY TO BOMBING PLOT. AP leaves mention of his affiliation to the last paragraph of the story. I’m sure they’d do the same if the Tea Party were involved. . . .

5. IT’S TIME TO PLAY NAME THAT PARTY! This story in the New York Times about the sentencing of New York State Senator Carl Kruger for corruption omits any mention of his party affiliation. And, sure enough, it turns out he’s a Democrat. Thanks to reader Thaddeus Perry for pointing this out.

6. UPDATE: About a gazillion readers wonder why Rep. Ackerman’s party affiliation isn’t mentioned. Yeah, go figure.

7. They don’t mention his party affiliation anywhere, but it turns out he’s a Democrat. A.P. should try using Google next time . . . .

8. But that’s not all. Read the whole thing. And try to guess her (unmentioned) political affiliation . . . .

9. It mentions that Young is, indeed, a GOP lawmaker.

10.“The LA Times never mentions Mr. Shelley’s party affiliation. Is it safe to assume he is a Democrat?” Yes, it is.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/?s=mention+affiliation

It could also be that party affiliations are germane to Republicans because they tend to abuse their offices more. Democrats get more sex scandals and other out of office criminal stuff... party affiliation doesn’t amount to a hill of beans regarding who’s wife you are boning. It does matter if you gave sweetheart deals to 5 of your best buddies in exchange for campaign contributions. This bias against conservatives canard is all in your head.

Katie Hill just resigned for a sex scandal and her Democratic affiliation was the first thing or nearly the first thing mentioned. Next thing will be that they only mentioned her party to save face for not mentioning it all those other times. If Conservatives feel like making things work better then they can come to the table and have a voice. Constantly whining and playing the victim and wanting nothing to happen and reading the same junk over and over about how bad they have it is really getting old. Being dragged into oblivion because 40% of the country is a supposedly persecuted conservative isn’t very much fun and as their lives continue to deteriorate for lack of investment or progress I hope they’ll use their last pennies on a mirror when they ask why it’s this way.

Edited by ns8401
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Concerned 2

1 hour ago, Info Junkie said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into this. He's left and come back before. Probably a work/life balance thing given his off camera role as Mr. Kumi Tucker and that the two had to be scheduled around each other.

If she left I might sound the alarm though. 

Big news out of Atlanta: Tegna's WXIA will start running 3 hours of primetime news weeknights on sister station WATL beginning Monday. New shows at 8p and 9p will join the existing 10p newscast. At 8p, they'll be the only option for news. At, 9p they'll be up against WPCH. And at 10p, they'll face off against powerhouse WAGA.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/11alive-going-all-news-watl-from-starting-december/uJiK9aPqgUTZUWRzlHFrWM/

1 minute ago, Greggo said:

Big news out of Atlanta: Tegna's WXIA will start running 3 hours of primetime news weeknights on sister station WATL beginning Monday. New shows at 8p and 9p will join the existing 10p newscast. At 8p, they'll be the only option for news. At, 9p they'll be up against WPCH. And at 10p, they'll face off against powerhouse WAGA.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/11alive-going-all-news-watl-from-starting-december/uJiK9aPqgUTZUWRzlHFrWM/

I'd have to read the article but if I had to take an educated guess it looks as if WATL is shifting MyNetworkTV programming to 11pm-1am

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greggo said:

Pulling a KCAL. Nice.

40 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I'd have to read the article but if I had to take an educated guess it looks as if WATL is shifting MyNetworkTV programming to 11pm-1am

I just checked out the listings, it will be midnight to 2am. Jeopardy will follow the 10:00 news at 11, followed by Live PD: Police Patrol at 11:30.

Edited by Nelson R.

1 hour ago, Greggo said:

So WATL is keeping the 7pm newscast and running news from 8-11pm as well?!? I'm just wondering how this is going to work, even for a top-10 market like Atlanta.

Edited by NEOMatrix

59 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

So WATL is keeping the 7pm newscast and running news from 8-11pm as well?!? I'm just wondering how this is going to work, even for a top-10 market like Atlanta.

Probably fearing a cable or online all-local news channel in Atlanta? I know there aren't any right now.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, Greggo said:

The 9pm news cast for CBS46 (WGCL) it airs on Peachtreerv (WPCH)  use to be good interactive show

they would take viewer comments and suggestions and air them live, Sharon Reed would livestream from her social media pages

while doing the show. Now the show as scaled backed and diegrssed it's just a straight forward news cast now.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:20 AM, rkolsen said:

Can we cut out the overtly political conversations. Save it for a different board.  One or two sentences maybe okay but not what’s going on here. 

Agree with what you said here, but another certain user who posts in bold is constantly posting political stuff on another thread and it never seems to be a problem. Just sayin...

Meanwhile in Orlando, WESH 2 is going to start doing a simulcast of the 10pm newscast on Estella TV Orlando, and they already simulcast the 5pm newscast with WESH itself. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv-guy/os-et-wesh-10-pm-news-estrella-simulcast-20191126-exocykg6tvhdzgawqaixvkljda-story.html#nt=oft-Triple Chain~Feed-Driven Flex Feature~section-a~story-b~~1~yes-art~automated~curatedpage

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, oknewsguy said:

Meanwhile in Orlando, WESH 2 is going to start doing a simulcast of the 10pm newscast on Estella TV Orlando, and they already simulcast the 5pm newscast with WESH itself. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv-guy/os-et-wesh-10-pm-news-estrella-simulcast-20191126-exocykg6tvhdzgawqaixvkljda-story.html#nt=oft-Triple Chain~Feed-Driven Flex Feature~section-a~story-b~~1~yes-art~automated~curatedpage

I'm not sure how they're gonna pull that off considering that Estrella TV's local news windows for affiliates are at 5:00 and 11:00 p.m., not 10:00 p.m. IIRC.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, oknewsguy said:

Very interesting.  I wonder if they have spanish subtitles (or spanish closed-caption) on the simulcast.

Edited by TheRyan

9 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I'm not sure how they're gonna pull that off considering that Estrella TV's local news windows for affiliates are at 5:00 and 11:00 p.m., not 10:00 p.m. IIRC.

They'll just simply simulcast the newscast with WKCF, it's not like they're launching a newscast specifically for Estella TV.

1 minute ago, TheRyan said:

Very interesting.  I wonder if they have spanish subtitles (or spanish closed-caption) on the simulcast.

Probably a few at first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

They'll just simply simulcast the newscast with WKCF, it's not like they're launching a newscast specifically for Estella TV.

What I'm saying is that the 10:00 p.m. timeslot is not one of Estrella TV's local news windows. I believe its 11:00 p.m. meaning that WKCF/Estrella TV Orlando will interrupt the final hour of national primetime programming from Estrella TV to carry the local newscast.

Currently at that hour, its Alarma TV (Alarm TV) at 10:00 followed by Noticiero Estrella TV - Cierre de edicion (Estrella TV News - Closing Edition) at 10:30 p.m.

19 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

That's, frankly, insulting to any Spanish viewer. 🙄

In Spanish-dominant markets such as LA, Miami and Houston quite a few English-language stations caption in Spanish via CC3 (and in the past carried translated audio over AM/FM). It's at least something, and any little ratings help doesn't hurt in any way. Also...despite all the cash grabs the TV industry and station groups have these days, there's still room for public services like this.

Either way, whatever Estrella's 'official local news window' is, both the 10 and 11pm slots carry reality drivel Estrella allows easy pre-emption for local programming ("Lol : - )", yes, that's its title, is just one of those languageless clip shows like "Just for Laughs Gags" taped in Quebec to grab gobs of CanCon and worldwide syndication cash).

https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com/2019/11/

WFMY is actually airing CBS This Morning in pattern now as of today! Never thought I’d see the day! The Good Morning Show now ends at 7am. Thought they would move 7-10am to 2.2. They also add a 4pm newscast. Sad part is, no more Andy Griffith. Ellen moves to 9 am. And 2 Wants to Know just becomes a regular 5:30 newscast.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nexstar is at it again with these newscast expansions.

This time it's in California with KTXL launching a 7pm newscast and according to TV News Check, they will be the only ones with 7pm news in Northern California not named the Bay Area https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/241812/ktxl-sacramento-expands-its-local-news/

Edited by oknewsguy