Out & About

TexasTVNews

WCSH/WLBZ's Bill Green has retired after 47 years. Unlike the station's 207 franchise, Bill Green's Maine retires with him.
https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/entertainment/television/bill-greens-maine/bill-green-has-one-last-thing-to-say-thank-you-maine/97-50e4ab10-838b-4cc2-9d10-507b4c1eeffe

Edited by newsbot

Some shocking news from the KOLR10 studios.  A van drove through their security gate and starting speaking some weird unintelligible stuff.  They were arrested.    Damaged some vehicles and a satellite dish at the station.   Literally just saw this and thought it was important enough to share.  (The story only takes up the first 1:45 or so of this video.)

Hopefully they get the help they need.  

Edited by TheRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, oknewsguy said:

Is KOLR STILL doing the 9pm news for KOZL even though they litterally compete against KRBK's own efforts at 9pm?

I believe they only do that on the weekends.   KRBK 9:00 newscasts are run on weekdays only, I think.  

4 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I believe they only do that on the weekends.   KRBK 9:00 newscasts are run on weekdays only, I think.  

I was looking at both KOZL's and KRBK's schedules and you are correct about KRBK being weeknights only. As for KOZL they replay KRBK's 6:30pm newscast every weeknight at 9

• Like 1

I was looking at both KOZL's and KRBK's schedules and you are correct about KRBK being weeknights only. As for KOZL they replay KRBK's 6:30pm newscast every weeknight at 9

Now that's interesting.  I wonder why they don't just simulcast KRBK's newscast live.   But it might be they don't want KRBK's ratings getting diluted.

Edited by TheRyan

1 minute ago, TheRyan said:

Now that's interesting.  I wonder why they don't just simulcast KRBK's newscast live.   But it might be they don't want KRBK's ratings getting diluted.

Either that or have KOZL do a 7pm newscast and shift MNT to 8-10pm that I'm sure would solve that problem

• Like 1

Either that or have KOZL do a 7pm newscast and shift MNT to 8-10pm that I'm sure would solve that problem

Yeah I wish KOZL still carried live newscasts during the week.  But I'm just glad they still have one on the weekends.

Just now, TheRyan said:

Yeah I wish KOZL still carried live newscasts during the week.  But I'm just glad they still have one on the weekends.

Now that I think about it maybe perhaps KOZL reruns KRBK's 6:30pm newscast in case KRBK airs a Fox Sports telecast that runs into the 9pm newscast they can just simply air the newscast on KOZL

• Like 1

Just now, oknewsguy said:

Now that I think about it maybe perhaps KOZL reruns KRBK's 6:30pm newscast in case KRBK airs a Fox Sports telecast that runs into the 9pm newscast they can just simply air the newscast on KOZL

I didn't think of that possibility, but you might be right on that.

2 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I didn't think of that possibility, but you might be right on that.

Not only as an overflow newscast for KRBK but also maybe perhaps as an overflow newscast for KOLR in the event a CBS Sports telecast ran long as well.

I think Nexstar made the right call with the regulations the FCC had in place at the time to pull off a triopoly by acquiring KRBK

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Not only as an overflow newscast for KRBK but also maybe perhaps as an overflow newscast for KOLR in the event a CBS Sports telecast ran long as well.

I think Nexstar made the right call with the regulations the FCC had in place at the time to pull off a triopoly by acquiring KRBK

I will say that everything about that purchase was ironic.  Early this decade, KSFX (now KOZL) lost their Fox affiliation to KRBK, now they have it back via KRBK by Nexstar acquiring that station.   Probably, Koplar Communications was not going to be as effective as they need to be in this current age of big media companies...and their ability to negotiate.  That was probably why they agreed to sell KRBK.    I think it's awesome that they have resurrected the "Ozarks Fox" brand over on KRBK, albeit with a new logo.

And as for Ozarks Tonight, my understanding of that show is that it's basically a series of interviews--or at least that's what it appears from the videos I've seen on their KOLR10 YouTube channel.   But I could certainly see a scenario where KOLR10 would find it advantageous to preempt the Ozarks Tonight rerun on KOZL to run a live newscast because of programming over on KRBK, since they already have that time slot committed to a news show to begin with.

Edited by TheRyan

17 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

I will say that everything about that purchase was ironic.  Early this decade, KSFX (now KOZL) lost their Fox affiliation to KRBK, now they have it back via KRBK by Nexstar acquiring that station.   Probably, Koplar Communications was not going to be as effective as they need to be in this current age of big media companies...and their ability to negotiate.  That was probably why they agreed to sell KRBK.    I think it's awesome that they have resurrected the "Ozarks Fox" brand over on KRBK, albeit with a new logo.

And as for Ozarks Tonight, my understanding of that show is that it's basically a series of interviews--or at least that's what it appears from the videos I've seen on their KOLR10 YouTube channel.   But I could certainly see a scenario where KOLR10 would find it advantageous to preempt the Ozarks Tonight rerun on KOZL to run a live newscast because of programming over on KRBK, since they already have that time slot committed to a news show to begin with.

That in itself was the most interesting part about Nexstar buying KRBK

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, TheRyan said:

Some shocking news from the KOLR10 studios.  A van drove through their security gate and starting speaking some weird unintelligible stuff.  They were arrested.    Damaged some vehicles and a satellite dish at the station.   Literally just saw this and thought it was important enough to share.  (The story only takes up the first 1:45 or so of this video.)

A talking van?

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:28 AM, TheRyan said:

Some shocking news from the KOLR10 studios.  A van drove through their security gate and starting speaking some weird unintelligible stuff.  They were arrested.    

Have they reported the name yet? When they don't report the name, that usually means it is someone from the group we suspected. (Allahu Akbar!) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

How's that tinfoil hat working out for you?

We're on to the PC games the media plays. For a while, they weren't describing the race of a suspect if it's black. Suspected muslims either don't get their names mentioned or are referred to as being of "asian" origin. When you report on a corrupt politician, you almost always report party affiliation if it's Republican. very rarely if it's a Democrat. Do you think people don't notice this stuff? It's a running joke on conservative sites.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DirtyHarry said:

We're on to the PC games the media plays. For a while, they weren't describing the race of a suspect if it's black.

So if the suspect was white, they reported the race? In recent years, the media have simply tried to treat people of different races using the same criteria. Unless you are giving out a detailed description of an on-the-run suspect, why does his or her race matter?

What some people describe as "PC culture" is, in many cases, just a common-sense move toward equality. I suppose that's why some on the right get so annoyed by it.

Suspected muslims either don't get their names mentioned or are referred to as being of "asian" origin.

Again, until a causal link between their religion and their actions is established, their religion doesn't matter. For instance, if a Christian participates in a shooting at an abortion clinic, their religion is irrelevant UNLESS and UNTIL there is evidence that the suspect's religious views played a role in his actions.

It's a running joke on conservative sites.

Sometimes it's best to treat those sites as a running joke. The moment the media outlets start shaping their coverage to get the approval of conservative sites (or any political sites, for that matter) is the moment they lose all credibility.

Edited by WWUpdate
  • Like 2
  • Concerned 1

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry said:

Have they reported the name yet? When they don't report the name, that usually means it is someone from the group we suspected. (Allahu Akbar!) 

Oh, and I have no problem with you exposing your prejudices, but please don't refer to yourself as "we." You are neither the Queen of England nor entitled to speak on behalf of other TVNewsTalk users.

• Like 3
  • Concerned 1

4 hours ago, MikePulse said:

#MeanwhileInOrlando, another departure from the Big Red 9. 

Another WFTV alum headed to the big leagues at WSB. I'm glad to see him come up to my new neck of the woods, I liked Jorge when he was at WFTV the first time around when I was in Cocoa Beach.