Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 11/1/2019 at 8:17 PM, ScottSchell said:

She is a lawyer now but I think does the news on the side

Which that does make sense since she did attend Oklahoma City University and got her Law Degree.

Although it is quite interesting to see how someone like Abby Broyles can get into television news with her Law Degree. It goes to show you how broad and wide the Mass Communication degree is as I've learned in my semester that I've been attending College

On 11/3/2019 at 6:06 PM, oknewsguy said:

Current KFOR Personalities Who've Have More then 10 Years Tenure

Tara Blume - 1991

Brian Brinkley - 1990

Joleen Chaney - 2007

Galen Culver - 1991

Ali Meyer - 2000

Mike Morgan - 1993

Kent & Kevin Ogle - 1993

I think Kevin Ogle, being close to retirement age plus his expensive salary, could be given a chance to "retire". Probably Galen Culver, because of his popular feature "Is this a great state or what" will be retained but his wife, Tara Blume, may be on the bubble. In this highly competitive weather market I can not imagine Mike Morgan being let go.

9 minutes ago, edladd said:

First off something got messed up in the system not entirely sure what happened with that.

Second off, Kevin is only 59 he don't turn 60 until the 23rd of next month so I don't think Nexstar would force Kevin into early retirement because don't forget he's also the moderator of Flash Point on Sunday mornings.

Otherwise I think Galen is safe, I think Tara is fine where she's at I don't think she gets laid off and given how Severe Weather savy Oklahoma is it'd be a big mistake for KFOR and Nexstar to let Mike Morgan go imo

Edited by oknewsguy

3 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

First off something got messed up in the system not entirely sure what happened with that.

Second off, Kevin is only 59 he don't turn 60 until the 23rd of next month so I don't think Nexstar would force Kevin into early retirement because don't forget he's also the moderator of Flash Point on Sunday mornings.

Otherwise I think Galen is safe, I think Tara is fine where she's at I don't think she gets laid off and given how Severe Weather savy Oklahoma is it'd be a big mistake for KFOR and Nexstar to let Mike Morgan go imo

It was easier for Nexstar to let Eli go as he was essentially the new guy, for all the others, Uncle Perry would need to probably retirement packages for the long time KFOR personalities. Do we hear "retirement" announcements after sweeps?

2 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

It was easier for Nexstar to let Eli go as he was essentially the new guy, for all the others, Uncle Perry would need to probably retirement packages for the long time KFOR personalities. Do we hear "retirement" announcements after sweeps?

I doubt if we hear about any potential early retirements except for maybe Galen Culver and Tara Blume but outside of those two, I think everybody else is pretty much safe at this point. 

So... Out in Atlanta lets just say that blurred lines don't fair too well.  This particular journalist has had problems in her past.

However, she really stooped to an all time low and the station had the nerve to re-tweet it.  I'm no New England Fan, but you (Shon Gables) all the way in Atlanta trying to incite a real problem.  Tom Brady didn't call Ed Reed the N word... Ed Reed was at the game on Sunday night and Baltimore gave New England their first loss in a semi-blowout 37-20, but what really shocked me (NOT) was the Gables tweet stating that Brady called Reed the N-word..

Mind you: Yes, Reed and Brady faced each other and New England has had problems with Baltimore in the past. However, it doesn't give you a right to say something outright nasty. Reed is a hall of famer, Brady is a shoe-in for the hall of fame. I'm glad that Ed Reed and his reps responded to the tweet. Shame on CBS46 Atlanta, and Shon Gables.. I wasn't really a fan of hers when she came to WCBSTV and CBS News. So for her to stoop that low is no surprise to me..

Edited by Spintech33
  • Like 1

Previously mentioned in the Discord app...

KVIA will soon no longer have its Casa but will have a Valle.

Estela Casas will not only leave KVIA but also television news entirely at the end of the year. Stephanie Valle, KVIA's 18-year(!) veteran, will take her place on weeknights at 5:00, 6:00 and 10:00 p.m.

https://kvia.com/health/2019/11/06/abc-7s-estela-casas-to-become-head-of-university-medical-center-foundation/

• Sad 2

For anybody in the DFW area know that Newsradio 1080 KRLD/105.3FM The Fan no longer carrying the NFL on Westwood One (MNF, TNF, SNF, and NFL Postseason/SuperBowl), except Sports USA

which carries the NFL only for KRLD-FM as well as all Dallas Cowboys games. Well, I've found out that all the NFL games on Westwood One are now on KESN-FM (ESPN Dallas 103.3FM).

https://radiofacts.com/espn-radio-dallas-kesn-fm-103-3-becomes-official-radio-broadcast-home-of-the-nfl-in-dallas-fort-worth-with-the-addition-of-westwood-ones-prime-time-nfl-package/

On 11/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Sendir said:

Where is Demetria Obilor going?

She didn't fully say all she said on her last day at WFAA was she is going to spend time with her family before starting her next pursuit.

Took a quick flight to Houston over the weekend... (Just my observations) Anyone can shoot and give opinions.

First off is ABC13- Houston is a O&O... If it is, they have similar graphics as KGO and somewhat a similar studio set up like KGO.

2nd: Fox26- Houston, is that also an O&O? Also, graphics are alike the other Fox O&O's and studio look like WNYW..

Edited by Spintech33

6 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Took a quick flight to Houston over the weekend... (Just my observations) Anyone can shoot and give opinions.

First off is ABC13- Houston is a O&O... If it is, they have similar graphics as KGO and somewhat a similar studio set up like KGO.

2nd: Fox26- Houston, is that also an O&O? Also, graphics are alike the other Fox O&O's and studio look like WNYW..

Yes, and yes, though I'd hardly say KTRK and KGO have much in common.

4 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Yes, and yes, though I'd hardly say KTRK and KGO have much in common.

That is a copy. Cuz, as I was watching their morning news segments I'm like to my head I know I've seen those graphics from KGO & KABC. (Although KABC has smaller graphics) which falls in line of KTRK and KGO..

Glad that I got Fox26 Houston right as an O&O.  

I'm not 100% sure if CBS and NBC have O&O's in Houston?

15 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

That is a copy. Cuz, as I was watching their morning news segments I'm like to my head I know I've seen those graphics from KGO & KABC. (Although KABC has smaller graphics) which falls in line of KTRK and KGO..

Glad that I got Fox26 Houston right as an O&O.  

I'm not 100% sure if CBS and NBC have O&O's in Houston?

1. Google it. KHOU and KPRC are not O&O's.

2. KABC, KGO, and KFSN have differently-colored versions of the same graphics. KTRK's is a different package, period. More 3D effects, different opens, different lower thirds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, 24994J said:

1. Google it. KHOU and KPRC are not O&O's.

2. KABC, KGO, and KFSN have differently-colored versions of the same graphics. KTRK's is a different package, period. More 3D effects, different opens, different lower thirds.

KTRK 13EWN shares similar package with non-O&O, WBAY Action2News (ABC2) in Green Bay...

On 11/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, Sendir said:

Where is Demetria Obilor going?

It's rumored that she and WFAA agreed to part ways after a small spat with her coworkers which led her to post some trash talk on social media (that was swiftly deleted). Seems odd that she would leave without something lined up, seems odd that WFAA would remove her when a growth in their viewership correlates to her arrival on the DFW airwaves. Who knows what the truth is.

• Like 1