Out & About

TexasTVNews

17 hours ago, Bsean said:

Apparently KSWB now has a half hour 7pm show. Also, I noticed at 4am there's a show called Fox 5 Behind the Scenes, on right before the 4:30am news... Not sure what that is. Has anyone else seen it?

Screenshot_20191008-182206.png

Screenshot_20191008-182631.png

Screenshot_20191008-183508.png

The 11pm news also is back it seems, how many times has it returned in last few years 3 or 4 times now?  I'm curious to know what the 4:30 am show is. The more pressing question is where is Aloha Taylor, she's been gone for too long. 

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry said:

The last mayor here was our first black mayor so my first instinct is to say "there goes the neighborhood." (Joke.) But our mayor was a good guy and completely down the middle. If this guy approaches his job like a moderate, he will be very popular. 

This is a watershed moment for the city of Montgomery given the city's past history in the Civil War and Civil Rights movement.

Now that Woods is out of it, he can go back to focusing on running his TV station.  Between Gray's dominance and Bahakel running everything else, his ownership is sorely needed.

5 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

The 11pm news also is back it seems, how many times has it returned in last few years 3 or 4 times now?  I'm curious to know what the 4:30 am show is. The more pressing question is where is Aloha Taylor, she's been gone for too long. 

Yeah the 11pm news has actually been back for quite some time now. You mean the 4am program... FOX 5 Behind The Scenes? Yeah, I'd like to know too.

What KSWB did was add a half-hour of news at 7pm on weeknights and a half-hour at 11pm on Sundays.

8 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

You mean the 4am program... FOX 5 Behind The Scenes? Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Maybe they turn a camera on and let viewers watch them get ready to go for the day. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

Whatever "Behind the Scenes" is on KSWB, it doesn't show up in their aircheck list. The program log declares it a live event after the recorded national anthem, so KSWB might literally be turning on a newsroom camera and letting it ride. The segment is 25:25 long. A break runs at 4:27.

2 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Knowing how the station deteriorated without ABC, it can be said that this was a huge loss trying to wage a culture war for this station. Over ten years and likely around $10 million to carry ABC, to be sold off for couch cushion money ten years later just because the owner hated Grey's Anatomy because it dared to tackle LGTBQ+ issues feels like karmic justice, and that nobody is willing to follow you to 'family friendly' disasters like RTV and the other Luken nets (whoever steered the way for him to carry Weigel probably saved the station from just going dark completely).

Pretty stupid. Even though I agree with him, I wouldn't be dumb enough to take it off the air. I might have snarky editorials during breaks, though.

Meteorologist Jacqueline Bennett seems to have joined Spectrum News Los Angeles.

her Facebook posts says “Big News to Announce. Stay Tuned.”

but that studio looks very recognizable.

she previously was at KRON, XETV and NBC Boston

71877850_2491486574268879_51617859279152

Edited by SFTV

Two days before I turn 24, one of Oklahoma's Own is calling it a career.

KOTV anchor and reporter Terry Hood is retiring on Thursday, October 24th after 32 years at the station, but unlike many others who decide to retire and stay in their city they've called home in their careers, Terry will actually leave Tulsa to relocate to O.K.C. to be with her husband.

She'll anchor her last newscast on that day on The News on 6 at 6:00 and the station has wasted NO time on her replacement. After a short time afterward, 5:00 p.m. anchor/reporter and KOTV veteran Lori Fullbright will take Terry's place as 6:00 and 10:00 p.m. co-anchor.

https://www.newson6.com/story/41160502/terry-hood-to-retire-from-news-on-6-after-32-years

19 hours ago, d247 said:

okcVeteran KOTV anchor Terry Hood is retiring after 32 years at the station. Her final newscast will be the 6pm show on Oct. 24th.

https://www.newson6.com/story/41160502/terry-hood-to-retire-from-news-on-6-after-32-years1

She getting married and moving up the road to  OKC. I wonder if she going to go work at KWTV-  Congrarts! Always been a fan of hers!

18 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

This is a watershed moment for the city of Montgomery given the city's past history in the Civil War and Civil Rights movement.

Now that Woods is out of it, he can go back to focusing on running his TV station.  Between Gray's dominance and Bahakel running everything else, his ownership is sorely needed.

Yeah he lost, but do you think he would ever sell WCOV/FOX20? I could see Nexstar trying to get WCOV.  Montgomery, market with it being a small market.  It funny how 30 years ago:  WCOV had a news-team due to being CBS. WAKA was in Selma, and WKAB/WHOA now WNCF newscast was a rollercoaster.  Being on again and off again.  WSFA always the top dog in the market, and at one time mid 90s WAKA had some steam to challenge them, but that was only a hot minute.  Now WAKA & WNCF doing news together.  WSFA produces the 9pm on FOX WCOV20.

Edited by Breaking News

1 hour ago, Breaking News said:

She getting married and moving up the road to  OKC. I wonder if she going to go work at KWTV-  Congrarts! Always been a fan of hers!

It's more than likely that Terry Hood won't be working for KWTV. She's completely retiring from the Broadcasting business.

5 hours ago, Breaking News said:

Yeah he lost, but do you think he would ever sell WCOV/FOX20? I could see Nexstar trying to get WCOV.  Montgomery, market with it being a small market.  It funny how 30 years ago:  WCOV had a news-team due to being CBS. WAKA was in Selma, and WKAB/WHOA now WNCF newscast was a rollercoaster.  Being on again and off again.  WSFA always the top dog in the market, and at one time mid 90s WAKA had some steam to challenge them, but that was only a hot minute.  Now WAKA & WNCF doing news together.  WSFA produces the 9pm on FOX WCOV20.

The WCOV/WSFA arrangement only lasted a year or two.  WAKA has handled it since 2011 and WSFA's 9pm show has aired on their subchannel and on WDFX in Dothan while Raycom owned them.

Bahakel is another holdout in this consolidated media landscape.  Either one could be a target for Nexstar, and that would give them EVERY market in Alabama, since Gray is not in Mobile. 

Interestingly enough, WHOA/WNCF was briefly owned by Media General.  Had that stuck, Nexstar could have already been in the market.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

On 10/8/2019 at 6:28 PM, Bsean said:

Apparently KSWB now has a half hour 7pm show. Also, I noticed at 4am there's a show called Fox 5 Behind the Scenes, on right before the 4:30am news... Not sure what that is. Has anyone else seen it?

Screenshot_20191008-182206.png

Screenshot_20191008-182631.png

Screenshot_20191008-183508.png

4am FOX5 behind the scene has been on air since the beginning of may sweeps 

FOX 4 (KDFW) has found its new weekend anchor. It's reporter Blake Hanson. He's been a reporter at the FOX station since 2017. Hanson will take over the weekend newscast for

longtime anchor Richard Ray who retired this past May. He'll anchor the 5pm (During next year's MLB season), 6 & 9pm solo on Saturdays and 5 & 9pm with co-anchor Natalie Solis on Sundays.

Edited by TexasTVNews

18 hours ago, PelicanGuy said:

Former WDSU anchor Scott Walker is projected to win the Jefferson Parish Council At-Large Seat, Division B.

He won.

https://www.nola.com/news/article_634f8746-eac7-11e9-b8e9-434e80f09c48.html

Seems ironic that he's now involved in politics, especially when he had to distance himself from the "other" Scott Walker who was governor of Wisconsin at the time.

• Haha 3

Are there any stations in the country that has a Multicultural reporter? Apparently, WISH and Circle City Broadcasting is looking to hire one, it might either be a great thing or it could end up being an epic disaster.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/240003/wish-looking-to-hire-multicultural-reporter/

Edited by oknewsguy

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

Are there any stations in the country that has a Multicultural reporter? Apparently, WISH and Circle City Broadcasting is looking to hire one, it might either be a great thing or it could end up being an epic disaster.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/240003/wish-looking-to-hire-multicultural-reporter/

They should hire the whitest, stiffest, most boring white guy they can find. I bet you could get a lot of fish out of the water, unintentional comedy out of it.

• Haha 1

WKYC’s Monica Robins has announced she has a brain tumor.

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/health/3news-monica-robins-brain-tumor-story/95-552b537d-f6a5-44d1-a795-20782592a963

I wondered why she hasn’t been on air for a bit.  Prayers and positive thoughts to a successful surgery and recovery for her.  

• Sad 1