Out & About

TexasTVNews

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Checked the schedule -- shows the 9am news hour, but not 8am.

3 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Proof?

Would me taking a picture of the newscast be proof? Also, it was listed on TV Guide. I have a picture from earlier this morning.

That's Nate Fluharty on the right (of First News on KTBS) anchoring. Neil Shaw was in for Brian Fowler who normally does weather on mornings.

However, by the time they went to 9am, Dominique Brogle (who normally does that hour anyway) was anchoring. 

20190909_081246.jpg

20 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

Pour one out for the end of the Ed Hopkins era at WNYT. As of today, they switched from Keynote to the NBC version of 360's 360 and took to Instagram for the occasion:

Skimming through NewsOn, which WNYT has issues with as opens are clipped, Steve Stone is now on the talent opens.

My thoughts on Steve Stone is he’s a bit TOO excited. The way he says some of talent names such as “Jerry Gretzinger” is a bit too fast. Can’t wait to hear how he says “meteorologist Reed Kisselback.”

• Like 1

Tough year for Cleveland viewers with several well-known personalities passing on gets tougher with the death of Fred McLeod last night at the age of 67.

McLeod, most recently the local television play-by-play broadcaster for the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers, had previously filled the same role with the Detroit Pistons as well as working as a sports anchor at WJ(K)W (where wife Beth is currently working as a meteorologist) and WDIV.

https://fox8.com/2019/09/10/longtime-sportscaster-cavs-announcer-fred-mcleod-dies-at-67/

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Checked the schedule -- shows the 9am news hour, but not 8am.

It probably hasn't been updated elsewhere yet but as @ColtFromGulfcoast said it was on the TV Guide grid so KTBS/KPXJ must've entered their 8am newscast into the system without telling us anything about it.

Anyway, it was about time that KPXJ's morning newscast expanded to 2 hours.

Edited by oknewsguy
Typo

2 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

It probably hasn't been updated elsewhere yet but as @ColtFromGulfcoast said it was on the TV Guide grid so KTBS/KPXJ must've entered their 8am newscast into the system without telling us anything about it.

Anyway, it was about time that KPXJ's morning newscast expanded to 2 hours.

Well, TVGuide.com listings for Shreveport showcases Tamron Hall at 8am, alongside with OnTVTonight and TV Passport.

7 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

My thoughts on Steve Stone is he’s a bit TOO excited. The way he says some of talent names such as “Jerry Gretzinger” is a bit too fast. Can’t wait to hear how he says “meteorologist Reed Kisselback.”

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of this Steve Stone guy before. Does he do work for any other stations?

Do NYC stations still dedicate as much time and special coverage to 9/11? It led the KTLA Morning News this morning which I was happy to see considering in years past it's been a brief mention of the anniversary.

A horrible day I will never ever forget for the rest of my entire life, even as a 1st grader with little understanding of what was unfolding at the time. My aunt who lives in Queens was on a train and witnessed the very beginning of the attacks. Such a haunting experience.

47 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Do NYC stations still dedicate as much time and special coverage to 9/11? It led the KTLA Morning News this morning which I was happy to see considering in years past it's been a brief mention of the anniversary.

A horrible day I will never ever forget for the rest of my entire life, even as a 1st grader with little understanding of what was unfolding at the time. My aunt who lives in Queens was on a train and witnessed the very beginning of the attacks. Such a haunting experience.

Yes, all the network flagships and PIX 11 covered the annual reading of the names from beginning to end (approximately 12:10 pm to get through all 3000 names).  It is still very poignant and a fitting tribute to all the victims, from the busboy at Windows of the World, the staff at Cantor Fitzgerald, all the other office workers and visitors at the time, as well as the first responders and those that perished on the two planes.

22 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

Imma just leave this here:

Screenshot_20190910-163929_Spectrum TV.jpg

There's more...

(Cross-posted from the TEGNA thread)

According to Zap2It, the 7pm and 11pm newscasts are also getting new titles.

Here is the full lineup:

4-7am  Go!

12-12:30pm  Lunch Break with Jay Crawford

6-6:30pm  What Matters Most

7-7:30pm  Front Row

11-11:30pm  What's Next

"Live on Lakeside" will shorten to an hour, and it looks like "Donovan Live" is history.

I don't know if they will implement "3 News" in front of the titles on-air, but we shall see.  People will like them, people won't.  We shall see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

There's more...

(Cross-posted from the TEGNA thread)

According to Zap2It, the 7pm and 11pm newscasts are also getting new titles.

Here is the full lineup:

4-7am  Go!

12-12:30pm  Lunch Break with Jay Crawford

6-6:30pm  What Matters Most

7-7:30pm  Front Row

11-11:30pm  What's Next

"Live on Lakeside" will shorten to an hour, and it looks like "Donovan Live" is history.

I don't know if they will implement "3 News" in front of the titles on-air, but we shall see.  People will like them, people won't.  We shall see.

This is really interesting. I don't mind the name changes (I like "Go!" a lot.) It'll be neat to see how the relaunch goes. They are trying something SO radically different. And I give them props for having the balls to do it. Studies show younger audiences think local news is formulaic and boring. So this, in my opinion, is a good way to shake it up.

I hope the newscasts are interesting to watch and they have good content. I'm hoping (and I won't be surprised) if they start doing stories in the style of Vice News and KXTV. I think viewers would like that.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jbnews said:

This is really interesting. I don't mind the name changes (I like "Go!" a lot.) It'll be neat to see how the relaunch goes. They are trying something SO radically different. And I give them props for having the balls to do it. Studies show younger audiences think local news is formulaic and boring. So this, in my opinion, is a good way to shake it up.

I hope the newscasts are interesting to watch and they have good content. I'm hoping (and I won't be surprised) if they start doing stories in the style of Vice News and KXTV. I think viewers would like that.

Amen to that. I'm glad you're all for younger hipper and experimental newscasts like me. But the majority of this forum (along with longtime station viewers) will probably hate it from day one, cause they all think local newscasts are like the formula for Coca-Cola, in that changing it would be sacriligous and lead to tons of hatetred.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jbnews said:

I tend to agree with this. Everybody has the four anchors with no personality, they all sit behind a desk in a studio that looks like the bridge of the USS Enterprise. Something different is long overdue.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Not to mention... a new circle 3 logo coming.

3 hours ago, tjt24 said:

Which also looks absolutely hideous...

3 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

So is WKYC getting a circle 3 logo or is this sarcasm?

Dead serious here.   I don't know what to think anymore from whatever comes out from Tegna these days....🤔🤔

Where's is this new logo? Let me see it..

• Like 2