Out & About

TexasTVNews

5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

But no matter what, as long as it goes back to FOX (O&O that is)... NOBODY and I mean... NOOOOOOOBODY is ever going to touch WJW again. In fact, I see WJW as the next WTVT within that station group.

Not that Nexstar would be bad stewards of WJW. 😋

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jbnews said:

Their new director of news content, Adam Miller, ran the 4th hour of the Today Show before he came to WKYC.

He's busy posting selfies with Al Roker and Kathie Lee - and memories of selfies with Kathie Lee - so if you're looking for "infotainment" you may be OK.

See what he's done to that horrible morning newscast? 

KPNX is getting back in the midday news business...sort of. They’re introducing a 12-minute program at noon which appears it will be nothing but light stuff for stay-at-home moms. The sales department-produced “Arizona Midday” will air from 12:15 to 1pm.

https://www.12news.com/article/life/announcements/12-minutes-of-news-commercial-free-12-at-12-launches-on-sept-9-tram-mai-arizona-midday-daily-blast-live/75-38647175-c94f-4aa1-a171-8bf859026b46

From the AJC: WGCL names Shon Gables permanent evening anchor effectively replacing Sharon Reed. The station currently has a second evening position open since Thomas Roberts left.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/cbs46-names-shon-gables-permanent-evening-anchor-effectively-replacing-sharon-reed/e7VG0gzo7D0ZNMbBzrRqSP/

14 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

Ok @CLETVFan - each newscast title update is getting more and more ludicrous!

Why are they throwing their brand equity down the toilet?!  Are the ratings bad enough to justify the changes?  Argh, how I miss 2006 WKYC.

Yeah. I would say this plan is VERY ambitious. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Three Kansas City anchors are leaving at the same time.

Richard Sharp is going from KSHB to Sacramento. Nicole DiAntonio is traveling from WDAF-TV to Washington, D.C.. Steve Albritton is leaving KMBC-TV for Cincinnati.

In St. Louis, KTVI has two pregnant meteorologists simultaneously.

https://fox2now.com/2019/09/06/angela-hutti-and-jaime-travers-are-expecting/

20 hours ago, tw-804 said:

From the AJC: WGCL names Shon Gables permanent evening anchor effectively replacing Sharon Reed. The station currently has a second evening position open since Thomas Roberts left.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/cbs46-names-shon-gables-permanent-evening-anchor-effectively-replacing-sharon-reed/e7VG0gzo7D0ZNMbBzrRqSP/

Happy that she's doing well in Atlanta. Remembered her when she worked at WCBSTV & CBS News in New York. Great journalist. Just too bad that WCBS couldn't keep her. For those that may not know. She worked at WCBSTV from 2003-2006 and the station did another fire sale and got rid of most of that staff. Don't ask me who's left from 2006 staff.

On 9/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, CLETVFan said:

WKYC is going to change it's morning newscast's name to "Go!" on September 23rd.  Seems like all of their newscasts are getting new names.

I got some names:

5pm: "Watch Us After Ellen"

7pm: "At Least It's Leas Boring than Wheel of Fortune"

11pm: "At Least Fox 8 Isn't Here...Yet"

Weekend Mornings: "Go...Back to Sleep!"

• Haha 10

On 8/28/2019 at 7:31 PM, Info Junkie said:

WNYT’s been phasing in Steve Stone for their promos, specifically for TV advertisements. Don’t have any footage of it currently.

Makes you wonder if Ed Hopkins is retiring or if he just passed away. He is still doing promos for the news and the opens, of course.

Pour one out for the end of the Ed Hopkins era at WNYT. As of today, they switched from Keynote to the NBC version of 360's 360 and took to Instagram for the occasion:

Skimming through NewsOn, which WNYT has issues with as opens are clipped, Steve Stone is now on the talent opens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Word on the street is that Tony Perkins- Formerly of Good Morning America and WTTG- Washington DC is returning back to the DC market.. Something tells me he may take a trip over to WRC. Currently he's working with Donnie Simpson at Radio one-DC in a production capacity.

FTVLive says he’s heading over to do mornings at WUSA.

• Thanks 1