Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 8/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, Georgie56 said:

I knew something wasn't going right with her the last past couple of days

she was on IG Live like she didn't care about her job anymore....Kinda like the

last few days during her tenured at KLAS (Las Vegas)

Edit: WGCL (CBS 46 ATLANTA) could use Demetria Obilor. I love me some Bobeth Yates but doing the traffic

isn't her strong suit and some days Rodney Harris has to pull double duties (Traffic and Weather) during the morning show. 

16 hours ago, mre29 said:

Oh, so the game was un-canceled?

Yes, despite Plano ISD officials' initial concern about safety.  Frisco and the Dallas Cowboys offered a neutral site (The Cowboys' Star headquarters complex) instead.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/08/16/dallas-cowboys-step-up-football-game-between-plano-senior-high-and-el-paso-back-on/amp/

18 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

TV Passport’s TV schedule for the station.

Zap2It is saying similar. I'm getting the feeling that this is a move to try do drum Dr. Oz out since their ratings are so going to tank in that 3:00 hour. Find some patsy, namely WCCT or WCTX, to take that deal on and all gets solved in time to accomodate People TV next year.

On the tangent of WCTX, Zap2It has them down for joining the 9:00 PM news brigade as of 9/9 with the second MyNet half hour's fate being unknown. This would make them the second market in the Northeast with such a split arrangement, WNYA in the Albany market doing it first as of this past April.

10 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

On the tangent of WCTX, Zap2It has them down for joining the 9:00 PM news brigade as of 9/9 with the second MyNet half hour's fate being unknown. This would make them the second market in the Northeast with such a split arrangement, WNYA in the Albany market doing it first as of this past April.

It doesn't show on the listings so I'm not sure what your talking about. It still shows MyTV primetime at that hour.

1 minute ago, TheRolyPoly said:

It doesn't show on the listings so I'm not sure what your talking about. It still shows MyTV primetime at that hour.

Something seems very screwy on either my end or their end. I'll show a screencap because if you not the timings alongside that of WTIC something is very broken.

As it is, they're shuffling a whole bunch of stuff around. That Dr. Phil replay had been at 7:00 PM, Family Feud is moving into the 7:00 hour, Tamron Hall is going to 4:00 PM, TMZ is moving from late night to 5:00 PM paired alongside ExtraExtra. 

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 10.44.23.png

In Montgomery, Alabama, the mayor's office is up for grabs after the longtime mayor decided not to run for re-election.   They just had a runoff, and one of the finalists is David Woods, owner of WCOV Fox 20. He is the son of Charles Woods, who also dabbled in politics and owned WTVY in Dothan until 2000.

Being a station owner, that frees him from the conflict of interest that many companies have when someone runs for office, but if he wins, the station may have to be put in a trust or sold.  At least they contract their news out to Bahakel's WAKA/WNCF so that's out of the way (they disclose this in their coverage)

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

Something seems very screwy on either my end or their end. I'll show a screencap because if you not the timings alongside that of WTIC something is very broken.

As it is, they're shuffling a whole bunch of stuff around. That Dr. Phil replay had been at 7:00 PM, Family Feud is moving into the 7:00 hour, Tamron Hall is going to 4:00 PM, TMZ is moving from late night to 5:00 PM paired alongside ExtraExtra. 

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 10.44.23.png

Umm...  look at WTIC. It looks like you have your listings set to the central time zone. In other words, WCTX stays on at 10pm and MNT primetime is as is.

I looked it up myself and still showed their news at the same 10pm timeslot on 9/9.

In New Orleans for a few days, watching WWL.  Not sure when they did this, but they have slightly amended the name of the newscasts. It’s now “The Eyewitness News at (time).” It was Channel 4 Eyewitness News for decades. The just Eyewitness News for the past few years. They added a “THE”. 

Also, they’ve brought back an announcer for the actual newscast intros.  I don’t believe they’ve had one since they switched to the new TEGNA look.  It makes a big difference. I like it.   

• Like 2

WNYT’s been phasing in Steve Stone for their promos, specifically for TV advertisements. Don’t have any footage of it currently.

Makes you wonder if Ed Hopkins is retiring or if he just passed away. He is still doing promos for the news and the opens, of course.

1 hour ago, newsguy22 said:

In New Orleans for a few days, watching WWL.  Not sure when they did this, but they have slightly amended the name of the newscasts. It’s now “The Eyewitness News at (time).” It was Channel 4 Eyewitness News for decades. The just Eyewitness News for the past few years. They added a “THE”. 

Also, they’ve brought back an announcer for the actual newscast intros.  I don’t believe they’ve had one since they switched to the new TEGNA look.  It makes a big difference. I like it.   

I mean... its still Eyewitness News at WWL-TV so its not like this slight change will change anything there, really.

21 hours ago, newsguy22 said:

I love it. "THE Eyewitness News" on WWL.....😀😀

This hopefully means that NO ONE ELSE will have the title of Eyewitness News in New Orleans for as long as WWL has it. Which, hopefully, will be FOREVER (BWAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA)!!!

Jamie Simpson, the Chief Meteorologist at WKEF/WRGT Dayton who was made famous for during an EF 4 tornado hitting the Dayton area telling viewers complaining about missing The Bachelorette due to storm coverage  “I’m done with you people” was arrested this morning for OVI (Ohio’s term for DUI, DWI aka drunk driving).  

www.whio.com/news/crime--law/meteorologist-arrested-for-ovi-miamisburg/RdipSddDy1cKHJ3YzawlJK/amp.html

Here’s the kicker though, the ND from WKEF/WRGT told the other Dayton media outlets that he was already unemployed before the incident occurred this morning. His profile was on the station’s website yesterday. He hasn’t been on air in 2 weeks but something smells fishy. 

Simpson was fired from his Chief Met position at WHIO back in 2014 after he blew a .228 and swerved and hit a tree.

Edited by jerseyfla
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile in Central Illinois, WAND has hired Jim Kosek as their new Chief Meteorologist. Yes, THAT Jim Kosek. Formerly of AccuWeather, WGCL, KCTV, KTVX and others.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/8/21/snowpocalypse-weatherman-is-hired

https://herald-review.com/entertainment/television/wand-hires-meteorologist-whose-snowpocalypse-forecast-went-viral/article_8150991c-c724-5e14-8d21-e787430c176a.html

Edited by tw-804

1 hour ago, KRAP-TV said:

Thomas Roberts has left WGCL CBS 46 in Atlanta after less than 14 months.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/exclusive-thomas-roberts-leaving-cbs46-after-less-than-months/oK6cDcBWs9ktyMuIEQiJjM/

Pardon my french, but CBS 46 will never get their shit together.

My goodness Sharon Reed completely sunk that ship. 

Steve Raible is going into semi-retirement at KIRO/Seattle. He’s off the 7 and 11p newscasts starting Monday but will anchor from 5-6:30p. Interesting that they are going with a solo anchor at 11p. Wonder how long that will last?

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/a-message-from-steve-raible/981019070

Today is the last edition of the Youngstown Vindicator.

Fortunately, Youngstown will still have a daily newspaper since the Tribune-Chronicle in nearby Warren has purchased the distribution and brand assets and will produce a replacement newspaper under the Vindicator brand.  Unfortunately, many of the Vindicator employees will lose their jobs and only a select few will continue on with the new owners.

Now that the Brown family is reduced to WFMJ, it will be seen if they end up selling out.  Tegna cashed in on Dispatch and WBNS/WTHR (while Gatehouse got the newspaper), so there is a definite target on their backs.....

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Typo
  • Sad 1