Out & About

TexasTVNews

2 hours ago, Ntropolis said:

Vicki Gardner, the lone survivor of the 2015 shooting that happened live on-air while being interviewed by WDBJ, is suing the station.

The $6 million lawsuit claims the station was negligent in hiring Vester Flanagan, the shooter.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/gardner-shot-and-injured-in-attack-at-bridgewater-plaza-sues/article_959a802e-fe18-57f9-a3e0-c8dcd1240ddb.html

Gray Television was initially named as a defendant, but was nonsuited since they purchased WDBJ several months after the attack.

I can't see how it will go anywhere, especially since ownership changed in between. The company that hired him no longer exists.

11 hours ago, Chris Hadley said:

Absolutely shocked. Very sad to hear this. Sending my condolences to Glynn, Nancy's family, friends and colleagues.

Even though FOX 8 didn’t announce it on-air until 7:00p, you can sense the sadness at the end of the 5:00p newscast...  It’s so sad to hear about this.

19 hours ago, Eat News said:

Rich Lieberman is reporting that Natasha Zouves is leaving KGO-TV for a much smarter place...

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2019/08/415-media-exclusive-zouves-leaving-kgo.html

I wish Jessica Castro stayed. She would’ve been a great replacement. 

Question is who will be her replacement?

Edited by SFTV

On 8/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, tw-804 said:

Meanwhile in Hampton Roads, there are two departures: weekend morning meteorologist Crystal Harper is leaving WVEC this coming Sunday and traffic reporter Kristen Crowley is leaving WTKR next week.

https://pilotonline.com/entertainment/tv/larry-bonko/article_ee5ef4a0-bed7-11e9-a8fb-2f1f2bde9061.html

I’ve never been to the Hampton Roads, but I remember reading two years ago about Crystal Harper and her battle with cancer. I must say how proud I am of her for surviving, and her departure is sad because I feel she really captured the hearts of the Hampton Roads. Good Luck with her future endeavors.

• Like 3

Major news out of Charlotte...Ashley Strohlein is moving from WBTV to WCNC! Taking Kelsey Riggs’ position! I feel like she should have got Delano’s spot. 🤔She will also be a CUSA reporter on the NFL Network Congratulations Ashley!

On 8/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, tw-804 said:

Meanwhile in Hampton Roads, there are two departures: weekend morning meteorologist Crystal Harper is leaving WVEC this coming Sunday and traffic reporter Kristen Crowley is leaving WTKR next week.

https://pilotonline.com/entertainment/tv/larry-bonko/article_ee5ef4a0-bed7-11e9-a8fb-2f1f2bde9061.html

Figured someone was heading out the door once Craig Moeller returned. Hoping for the best for both Crystal Harper and Kristen Crowley. 

21 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

One of the last few in the era left.  Nov 27, will be his final air date.  {getting out while TEGNA moving in]  It only a matter of time when others will follow.

https://www.dispatch.com/entertainmentlife/20190822/wbns-tv-anchorman-jerry-revish-to-retire

Not surprising, though it should've been in the works for longer than it has.  Jeff Hogan should've been waiting in the wings, but I think he was over waiting for the slot.  Scott Light is just so very bland.  Pete Scalia is not PM anchor material.

Maybe they can lure Bob Kendrick away from WSYX, since that's what WBNS does best.  (Though it won't be for top-dollar like it was for Yolanda Harris...)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

One of the last few in the era left.  Nov 27, will be his final air date.  {getting out while TEGNA moving in]  It only a matter of time when others will follow.

https://www.dispatch.com/entertainmentlife/20190822/wbns-tv-anchorman-jerry-revish-to-retire

Rumored for a long time, maybe they let him know what was going on and they got him to stay out of loyalty to the Wolfes? I always liked Jerry, even back to his radio days on WBNS. Good looking guy, delivers on an even keel. Not the most exciting guy in the world, but not boring either. My only knock against him was the poor chemistry he had with Kristyn Hartmann.

For that matter, suspicious that Maureen Kocot and Shelby Croft left just before the sale was announced. Think they also got a heads up?

20 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

Not surprising, though it should've been in the works for longer than it has.  Jeff Hogan should've been waiting in the wings, but I think he was over waiting for the slot.  Scott Light is just so very bland.  Pete Scalia is not PM anchor material.

Maybe they can lure Bob Kendrick away from WSYX, since that's what WBNS does best.  (Though it won't be for top-dollar like it was for Yolanda Harris...)

Lots of back and forth between WTVN/WSYX and WBNS over the years, going back to the 1960's even with Gene D'Angelo as VP (from WTVN to WBNS). Sally Flowers and Gene Fullen first developed a following on WBNS Radio (originally a bandleader from Kansas, I think) and Gene Fullen was WTVN-TV's go-to personality for the longest time until he died from heart problems. Also ... Carol Costello, Janet Watkins, Lou Forrest, Tom Ryan ... and others. Now Tony D'Angelo is in charge of WSYX.

I always wondered if the Tafts and the Wolfes were buddies since they were both in the same business and both traveled in Republican circles.

These historical connections are meaningless, I know. Just interesting to me.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Ugh stop with the snatch & grabs Kendrick in his early 50s.  He probably looking at a few more years before he goes into retirement.  I hope and wish they could lure Jeff Hogan back from North Carolina, because Pete eh always been a bore and so is Scott Light.   Hogan & Harris would be great.!

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

Rumored for a long time, maybe they let him know what was going on and they got him to stay out of loyalty to the Wolfes? I always liked Jerry, even back to his radio days on WBNS. Good looking guy, delivers on an even keel. Not the most exciting guy in the world, but not boring either. My only knock against him was the poor chemistry he had with Kristyn Hartmann.

For that matter, suspicious that Maureen Kocot and Shelby Croft left just before the sale was announced. Think they also got a heads up?

Lots of back and forth between WTVN/WSYX and WBNS over the years, going back to the 1960's even with Gene D'Angelo as VP (from WTVN to WBNS). Sally Flowers and Gene Fullen first developed a following on WBNS Radio (originally a bandleader from Kansas, I think) and Gene Fullen was WTVN-TV's go-to personality for the longest time until he died from heart problems. Also ... Carol Costello, Janet Watkins, Lou Forrest, Tom Ryan ... and others. Now Tony D'Angelo is in charge of WSYX.

I always wondered if the Tafts and the Wolfes were buddies since they were both in the same business and both traveled in Republican circles.

Rumored for a long time and Harris is apart of the new generation, before she hangs it up.  She'll be hitting 50 herself next year.  Also add Terri Sullivan,  Carol Luper on that BNS-SYX worked at both stations.

Edited by Breaking News

1 minute ago, Breaking News said:

Ugh stop with the snatch & grabs Kendrick in his early 50s.  He probably looking at a few more years before he goes into retirement.  I hope and wish they could lure Jeff Hogan back from North Carolina, because Pete eh always been a bore and so is Scott Light.   Hogan & Harris would be great.!

Hogan would be ideal.  (I should've put a 😏 next to my comment about the snatch-and-grabs that WBNS continues to make...)

It can't be Scott Light.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttvn2000 said:

Hogan would be ideal.  (I should've put a 😏 next to my comment about the snatch-and-grabs that WBNS continues to make...)

It can't be Scott Light.

No, it can't!  He worked in Phoenix not sure if it was KPHO or KPNX.  Of course WGCL in Atlanta.  Scott does weekends, and he definitely should do weekends.  Hogan, would be ideal!  Also, TEGNA is also moving in. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ttvn2000 said:

It can't be Scott Light.

Not that I know him, but he once smiled and said hi to me on campus as we were about to bump into each other for no reason. So my impression of Jeff is that he's a nice guy! I don't know if I like him as evening anchor, though. I'm all about the voice and he doesn't have a deep, entertaining voice.

1 hour ago, nickp said:

Jack Nicklaus Archie Griffin Dave Thomas Lamar Hunt and Jerry Revish The Mount Rushmore of Columbus

LOL

Jack Nicklaus, Archie Griffin, Dave Thomas, Fred/Charles/Bob/Simon Lazarus (Macy's), Les Wexner, John Wolfe, Woody Hayes

27 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

Rumored for a long time and Harris is apart of the new generation, before she hangs it up.  She'll be hitting 50 herself next year.  Also add Terri Sullivan,  Carol Luper on that BNS-SYX worked at both stations.

LuAnn Stoya, Kurt Ludlow, Mike Kilburn and Erin Carroll too

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DirtyHarry said:

Not that I know him, but he once smiled and said hi to me on campus as we were about to bump into each other for no reason. So my impression of Jeff is that he's a nice guy! I don't know if I like him as evening anchor, though. I'm all about the voice and he doesn't have a deep, entertaining voice.

LOL

Jack Nicklaus, Archie Griffin, Dave Thomas, Fred/Charles/Bob/Simon Lazarus (Macy's), Les Wexner, John Wolfe, Woody Hayes

Add John H. McConnell there (the man who brought the Blue Jackets to Columbus)

• Haha 1

With the most highly-contested US Senate race in the country underway, WMTW is adding a 7PM Saturday newscast on its CW-affiliated sister station WPXT starting August 31. Gotta grab as many of those sweet 2020 campaign dollars as you can...

Edited by newsbot

1 hour ago, newsbot said:

With the most highly-contested US Senate race in the country underway, WMTW is adding a 7PM daily newscast on its CW-affiliated sister station WPXT starting August 31. Gotta grab as many of those sweet 2020 campaign dollars as you can...

August 31st is a Saturday.

• Like 1