Out & About

TexasTVNews

10 hours ago, EssDee_media said:

wow just logged on and seen this. and before i left the station earlier today that was the rumor going on. Also our EP said maybe she'll go to KGTV since supposedly Virginia Cha contract is almost up. but then again what do i know lol lets wait and see what happens in the next few days/weeks 

I wonder why she didn't get a big send-off like Carlos got...

And WTF is going on with Ruberti she looks like she is just ghost posting on twitter and FB just to preserve her brand.

I think it looks kinda sad.

Big purges like this can only mean one or two things...

Could we be coming to "that point"....where the big guy gets dementia...and JR. starts making the daily decisions including.......

To be continued...

Edited by Eat News
Twice-Move... https://youtu.be/QTfzryUBlO0

7 hours ago, EssDee_media said:

Hope she lands somewhere in the SD market.

What a very ominous good-bye. WTF does she mean by the new generation arriving soon? My guess is that there are many more changes ahead. Wonder if Dave Scott is next?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, A3N said:

What a very ominous good-bye. WTF does she mean by the new generation arriving soon? My guess is that there are many more changes ahead. Wonder if Dave Scott is next?

The plot thickens....

3053B958-1A06-4AAD-9076-7265E0B5B685.jpeg

Adding to the changes at KUSI, the KUSI News at 5/6pm had not two but three anchors (Anna Laurel, Logan Byrnes and Ginger Jeffries) sitting at the desk.  Ginger made a comment that they needed a new camera to fit them all in. 

News Directors on the move:

WSB News Director Misti Turnbull is being bumped up the corporate ladder at Cox and will be leaving her ND job. WPXI (Pittsburgh) News Director Suzanne Nadell will be headed to Atlanta in July to takeover the WSB news department.

Meredith has cut ties with KPHO/KTVK News Director Dan Wilson. Wilson joined the duop 3 1/2 years ago, coming from Scripps owned WPTV in West Palm Beach. Wilson also spent 8 years as the Deuce at Scripps KNXV.

Nexstar’s  WFLA in Tampa got a very brief memo saying that News Director Ryan Minnaugh is gone from the station “effective immediately.”

FTVLive.com

Edited by Breaking News

12 hours ago, ihEARDtHAT said:

Adding to the changes at KUSI, the KUSI News at 5/6pm had not two but three anchors (Anna Laurel, Logan Byrnes and Ginger Jeffries) sitting at the desk.  Ginger made a comment that they needed a new camera to fit them all in. 

and the 4PM too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Baylow retired from KFMB. My guess he could be at either KUSI, KGTV, KSWB or KNSD.

for some reason something tells me its not him its what he knows whats going to happen at a station. unless he pops at KUSI taking over for mathis or pop up at a station as an anchor like Nancarrow did. 

3 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Oh boy. Let me guess... KUSI? If not, KFMB?

Why would he return to KFMB when he had a "not so ceremonious" exit? 

Seems likely to me he's talking about turmoil going on inside one of the newsrooms here and him not making a return to television. He's thrown in the towel on meteorology reporting. 

Well, I didn't mean like where he could be returning. I meant like which station he was talking about in terms of possible turbluence as if something could go down that could be really jarring.

But then again, I could be wrong...

It can't be any other station but KUSI. Look at what's been happening the last few months with all these sudden "departures". You have Dani Ruberti completely disappear, then Allen Denton and Carlos Amezcua "retire" and now you have Sandra shown the door.

Plus, check out FTVLive's articles on the station in the last 6-8 months or so. Take the articles with a grain of salt, but don't discount that the station is a dumpster fire

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/11/16/turmoil-in-san-diego

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/1/14/kusi-backs-off-cnn-accusations

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/11/19/socal-news-director-balks-at-hiring-gay-man

Also, the station has been going heavy on being Pro-Trump. Look over their social media accounts and see how/what they post. Every news organization should just stick to the facts and leave the liberal, conservative or any bias out of it.

WDRB/Louisville GM Bill Lamb, known for his conservative leaning editorials during the evening news, has left the station and said he was moving to a "top-10 market." Is it a Sinclair station he's going to, perhaps?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/06/18/louisville-news-wdrb-general-manager-bill-lamb-leaving/1486361001/?fbclid=IwAR10_PMXwsDmSjKqEomvoj9wyTu3hZ_ByI0V8BhxxJih2JRprm43C4YXgbA

Jimmy Q out at 12News.  A post on Facebook by Paul Gerke (Anchor KPNX NBC-Phoenix)

"Unfortunately, Jimmy is no longer an employee at 12 News. I know that disappoints a lot of you, and I'm sorry, but that's all I can say."

1 hour ago, ihEARDtHAT said:

Jimmy Q out at 12News.  A post on Facebook by Paul Gerke (Anchor KPNX NBC-Phoenix)

"Unfortunately, Jimmy is no longer an employee at 12 News. I know that disappoints a lot of you, and I'm sorry, but that's all I can say."

No surprise here. KPNX has been a dumpster fire since Gannett became TEGNA, and they make KPHO/KTVK look like a newsroom of stability.

9 hours ago, TVIntheDesert said:

No surprise here. KPNX has been a dumpster fire since Gannett became TEGNA, and they make KPHO/KTVK look like a newsroom of stability.

Ever since KPHO & KTVK became one together.  KTVK news has taken a dive.  KTVK by themselves was still the gold standard. KPHO was good as an Indy outlet, but suck as CBS. 

KNXV hands down best station in the market.

8 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

Ever since KPHO & KTVK became one together.  KTVK news has taken a dive.  KTVK by themselves was still the gold standard. KPHO was good as an Indy outlet, but suck as CBS. 

But which one is better out of the two? KTVK or KPHO because IMO, its still KTVK.

1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

But which one is better out of the two? KTVK or KPHO because IMO, its still KTVK.

Tbh I say both and that's because KTVK/KPHO has each of their own goods in their operations as well as their flaws too.

Overall in Phoenix, I'm gonna say it's KSAZ that's become the gold standard as Arizona's News Leader

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KTVK all the way!  Under Belo superb! Under Meredith eh.  KTVK hands down.

7 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Tbh I say both and that's because KTVK/KPHO has each of their own goods in their operations as well as their flaws too.

Overall in Phoenix, I'm gonna say it's KSAZ that's become the gold standard as Arizona's News Leader

KSAZ their morning news, but other than that hmmm. My problem is Kari Lake she definitely takes the cake. Hurts the brand.  I guess KPNX, KNXV & KSAZ  their look is so their corporate owner.

2 hours ago, Breaking News said:

KTVK all the way!  Under Belo superb! Under Meredith eh.  KTVK hands down.

KSAZ their morning news, but other than that hmmm. My problem is Kari Lake she definitely takes the cake. Hurts the brand.  I guess KPNX, KNXV & KSAZ  their look is so their corporate owner.

KSAZ may have the most viewers, but KNXV has become the gold standard for news in Phoenix, despite it being a Scripps station. KSAZ's intent of mixing opinion with hard news kind of bogs them down.

10 hours ago, Breaking News said:

KPHO was never a good news station when they were independent more than 25 years ago. I'm hoping you meant "independent" in the sense when they weren't joined to the knees with KTVK.