Out & About

TexasTVNews

He's been France 24's White House correspondent for years and recently announced on twitter that he'd be reporting for the AP as well. I'm guessing the deal is something along the lines of the latter of what you said- France 24 is his primary employer (and AP affiliate) and while out and about around the world, he can file reports for the AP as well.

• Like 1

So it looks like meteorologists returning to the Hampton Roads region after leaving elsewhere looks like a trend so far (coupling the following with Jeff Edmondson returning to WAVY)

Craig Moeller, newly dropped from KSDK in St. Louis, heading back to WVEC to return for a "great opportunity" (WVEC already has 5 meteorologists and per a tweet by Jeff Lawson he's going to be meteorologist number 6)

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/4/29/gone-in-st-louis

Edited by WAVY 10 Fan
Clarification

On 4/30/2019 at 11:47 AM, ihEARDtHAT said:

With the recent shooting at a San Diego area Synagogue, KFMB, CBS-8 San Diego, has decided to not use the name or image of the alleged shooter in stories until the legal proceedings occur.  They state that victims (those injured or just present at the shooting) can be traumatized by the repeated use of the shooter's name or photo.

I have not seen any other San Diego station do the same. 

So is KFMB going to do this in all shooting cases?

Just asking...since I don't want anyone else "traumatized" by the faces of shooting suspects.

An end of an era in Boston television is upon us. Lynch's last night on the sports desk will be on August 15th.

The question is who replaces him: Conventional wisdom would say Friday/Saturday sports anchor Bob Halloran, especially since Josh Brogadir, has been transitioning to general assignment reporting. Does 5 go with the tried and true, as they often do, or go off the board?

Edited by scrabbleship
  • Sad 1

While not TV related....this is BIG news out of New Orleans, and proof that good old fashioned demand can overcome the stupidity and short-sightness of a lousy owner....

https://www.nola.com/news/2019/05/owners-of-the-new-orleans-advocate-buy-nolacom-the-times-picayune.html

The Manships created a New Orleans edition of the Advocate in response to the T-P going to a 3-day schedule.  Eventually the T-P relented and went back to publishing 7 days a week.  The Manships ended up selling the Advocate to Georges Media, while retaining WBRZ and KRGV.  Even as the T-P tried to undo the damage, the new Advocate pushed them into 2nd place in New Orleans.

Now if only someone can make the other Advance papers (and clusters) great again. 

I know newspapers are a dying industry, but the decent companies are still putting out a quality product while those that slash and burn are getting wha'ts coming to them for their cost-cutting...

• Like 3

Deepest condolences to WALA's recently retired Bob Grip, on the loss of his wife Marie from Pancreatic Cancer.

Even WKRG sent their condolences on their facebook page.  Before coming to WALA (and a stint in Virginia Beach), Grip anchored and reported at WKRG in the mid to late 70s...

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Sad 2

On 5/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

While not TV related....this is BIG news out of New Orleans, and proof that good old fashioned demand can overcome the stupidity and short-sightness of a lousy owner....

https://www.nola.com/news/2019/05/owners-of-the-new-orleans-advocate-buy-nolacom-the-times-picayune.html

The Manships created a New Orleans edition of the Advocate in response to the T-P going to a 3-day schedule.  Eventually the T-P relented and went back to publishing 7 days a week.  The Manships ended up selling the Advocate to Georges Media, while retaining WBRZ and KRGV.  Even as the T-P tried to undo the damage, the new Advocate pushed them into 2nd place in New Orleans.

Now if only someone can make the other Advance papers (and clusters) great again. 

I know newspapers are a dying industry, but the decent companies are still putting out a quality product while those that slash and burn are getting wha'ts coming to them for their cost-cutting...

Well so much for saving the T-P....the owners are laying off the entire staff....

https://thehill.com/media/442133-entire-new-orleans-times-picayune-staff-laid-off-in-sale

A real dick move by both parties....Advance for reducing the Times-Picayune to this and selling to someone who puts everyone else on the street.

8 hours ago, AmericanErrorist said:

I bet he'll fill all the non-network and non-news hours with his own programming.

Well, not necessarily all of them. America's Court with Judge Ross already airs on KADN 15.3 (the subchannel called My Acadiana TV, in reference to the subchannel's My Network TV affiliation). He does have shows that air on other channels in the Lafayette, LA, market, though; with that said, it wouldn't surprise me if at least most of his shows, if not all of them, moved to KADN and its subchannels.

9 hours ago, AmericanErrorist said:

I bet he'll fill all the non-network and non-news hours with his own programming.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

A full hour of each of his incessant "court" shows each weekday, Funny You Should Ask every afternoon, Comics Unleashed late nights, all his many infotainment shows during weekends, and those weird sitcoms that many well-known TV actors somehow signed up for on weeknights.

That's a strategy. 😆

19 minutes ago, TheRob said:

KSHB'S news director is leaving.

Maybe she will get adopted by a nice forever family who will love her and treat her well.

Remember the good times...

I'm sure she will miss all of you, and she will always remember all the fun times...and cold pizza on elex nite.

image.thumb.png.4cc49f9a04e67db36f73dd6969fbec2b.png

Edited by Eat News
Salsipuedes
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eat News said:

Maybe she will get adopted by a nice forever family who will love her and treat her well.

"You're free, news director. Go on now. Get."

Edited by TheRob
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, J1975am said:

Well, not necessarily all of them. America's Court with Judge Ross already airs on KADN 15.3 (the subchannel called My Acadiana TV, in reference to the subchannel's My Network TV affiliation). He does have shows that air on other channels in the Lafayette, LA, market, though; with that said, it wouldn't surprise me if at least most of his shows, if not all of them, moved to KADN and its subchannels.

Even better, he'll put all of "his" channels he sued to get on DirecTV and Xfinity as subchannels on these stations!