Out & About

TexasTVNews

1 minute ago, rkolsen said:

What replaces it on WCVB?

Page Six TV moves back to the 1:07 slot, then...an infomerical.

WMUR, who aired it at 7:30, has it bad. The second run of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire moves to 7:30 with Celebrity Page taking the 3:30 slot.

1 minute ago, scrabbleship said:

WMUR, who aired it at 7:30, has it bad. The second run of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire moves to 7:30 with Celebrity Page taking the 3:30 slot.

I’m surprised WMUR doesn’t clear the same program’s as WCVB as they’re they same market/affiliation/owner. 

1 minute ago, rkolsen said:

KRCG in Jefferson City lost programming for about six hours Sunday afternoon, both over-the-air, and on cable/satellite. That outage included the NCAA Tournament games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mid-missouri-cbs-affiliates-tech-issue-prevents-elite-eight-games-from-being-aired-003055821.html

Edited by TheRob

Deborah Norville announced in a prerecorded message that she will be off 'Inside Edition' for awhile, recovering from thyroid cancer surgery. She shouldn't need any additional treatment.

https://www.insideedition.com/inside-editions-deborah-norville-undergo-surgery-cancerous-thyroid-nodule-after-viewer-spotted-lump

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Deborah Norville announced in a prerecorded message that she will be off 'Inside Edition' for awhile, recovering from thyroid cancer surgery. She shouldn't need any additional treatment.

https://www.insideedition.com/inside-editions-deborah-norville-undergo-surgery-cancerous-thyroid-nodule-after-viewer-spotted-lump

I always watch Inside Edition on WSVN 7 and hope she’ll be back soon for treatment 

5 hours ago, rkolsen said:

I’m surprised WMUR doesn’t clear the same program’s as WCVB as they’re they same market/affiliation/owner. 

They once had the exact same schedule with the only differences being news and ads. Then this decade stuff started to drift. The first case of it happening was when WMUR picked ET up for 2011-12 after WSBK shunted it to overnights, a year later NH rights to ET went to WBIN and Inside Edition returned, swapping slots with NH Chronicle.

It only really ramped up in 2016 after WCVB began running news at 4(:30) while WMUR didn't. Once Meredith Viera got axed, Millionaire went to a double run at 3:00 and assorted stuff on a day delay (first Celebrity Page, then Page Six TV, now Daily Blast Live) began filling the 12:30 slot. I think WMUR could do fine starting a 4:00 news - it worked under Imes 20 years ago - and a 7:00 would get the commuter crowd from Boston just fine.

13 hours ago, rkolsen said:

NewsCenter 5 at 4:30 which launched in January. Not only that, they also replaced Inside Edition Weekend on Saturdays with another half-hour of news at 7:00 p.m. so six nights a week, it now airs NewsCenter 5 at 7:00 followed by Chronicle at 7:30 p.m.

Tracey Leong has apparently left WJZ in the beginning of March.  She was the Weekend morning anchor and reporter. She’s moving back home to Los Angeles - no word if she’s continuing in the business or doing something else. 

WCMH did a decent tribute to it's 70th anniversary at 11:00 tonight. Many of the news clips came from YT, but they had some others I hadn't seen. Sounds like "WMAQ 1974 News Theme" was used during the WLWC days. 

Didn't really have any tributes from former anchors. They did interview longtime current employees. No mention of Jym Ganahl or Cabot. Also, only a brief clip of Mike Jackson. Anybody know if he's coming back after his stroke? 

Is Doug Adair still alive? Colleen made a comment to Mark saying "you would have loved him". 

Edited by 8Viewer

1 hour ago, 8Viewer said:

WCMH did a decent tribute to it's 70th anniversary at 11:00 tonight. Many of the news clips came from YT, but they had some others I hadn't seen. Sounds like "WMAQ 1974 News Theme" was used during the WLWC days. 

Didn't really have any tributes from former anchors. They did interview longtime current employees. No mention of Jym Ganahl or Cabot. Also, only a brief clip of Mike Jackson. Anybody know if he's coming back after his stroke? 

Is Doug Adair still alive? Colleen made a comment to Mark saying "you would have loved him". 

Doug Adair is still living. As of the writing of this post he is 89. 

Tegna's NewsCenter Maine and New England Sports Network announce partnership to provide weather forecasts for Northern New England markets. In addition, NewsCenter Maine's Jessica Gagne will regularly appear on Red Sox pregame shows.
https://nesn.com/2019/04/nesn-and-news-center-maine-announce-partnership/
https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/sports/nesn-and-news-center-maine-begin-exciting-new-partnership/97-6679408f-caab-43d5-8786-ceb7d9d5c2a2

Edited by newsbot

Another DFW Veteran broadcaster is hanging up the mic. Longtime KDFW FOX 4 anchor/reporter Richard Ray is retiring on May 1st, but his last on-air newscast will be Sunday, April 21st (Easter Sunday). Richard has been in broadcasting for nearly 50 years; 36 years at KDFW. We wish Richard Ray all the very best.

(In a subsequent tweet to unclebarky.com, Ray said he’s just been informed that Fox4 has added a May 1st sendoff during the 9 p.m. newscast “and maybe more. KDFW TV & Dallas/Fort Worth have been good to me.”) 

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

I think this one is not that surprising considering that David Crabtree did not move out of the anchor chair like many had thought he would. Wonder if he will go back to Cincinnati?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhratbrat said:

I think this one is not that surprising considering that David Crabtree did not move out of the anchor chair like many had thought he would. Wonder if he will go back to Cincinnati?

“Back” to Cincinnati? Not sure his family actually left after looking at his recent Tweets about Mason HS and departing CVG airport.  WKRC could use him, IMO, since their new 4pm anchor is less than stellar.  

They could’ve at least just acknowledged things changed when Crabtree decided to stick around.  

19 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

He lives in Florida.

Edited by Breaking News

4 hours ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

Do you think I feel WRAL has lost it since NBC joined maybe that the network wasn’t perfect for Brad or the station?

1 hour ago, JacobC said:

Do you think I feel WRAL has lost it since NBC joined maybe that the network wasn’t perfect for Brad or the station?

I think the station. He likely was verbally promised to be replacement for Crabtree - who said he was retiring but then signed on for two more years. Unfortunately contracts usually don’t guarantee someone a slot or time frame anchoring.  He was fill in anchoring, doing their “live center” and hosted what sounds like the public affairs show. A far cry from what he was likely expecting. 

Guys I hate to tell you this, but I received a notification from WNYT NewsChannel 13 on Facebook saying that their 10pm news on WNYA My4 Albany will be moving to 9pm. With this result, it will be the ONLY news at 9pm in the Capital Region. It starts 4/9 which is Tuesday!!! Looks like the 10pm newscasts will belong to WCWN (produced by WRGB) and WXXA (produced by WTEN).; aka two newscasts duopolies in primetime. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:31 PM, JacobC said:

Guys I hate to tell you this, but I received a notification from WNYT NewsChannel 13 on Facebook saying that their 10pm news on WNYA My4 Albany will be moving to 9pm. With this result, it will be the ONLY news at 9pm in the Capital Region. It starts 4/9 which is Tuesday!!! Looks like the 10pm newscasts will belong to WCWN (produced by WRGB) and WXXA (produced by WTEN).; aka two newscasts duopolies in primetime. 

I saw this too and I have to assume it’s because ratings must’ve been so bad for their 10pm on My4 that they decided to put a newscast on when there’s no other competition? 

• Like 1