Out & About

TexasTVNews

11 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WBOC is installing a solar farm with 2,088 panels in the back lot of their property. It is designed to power their entire facility with 908 kw. Construction should start later this month and end in June. 

http://www.wboc.com/story/40173344/wboc-breaks-ground-on-solar-farm

WBOC is such an interesting station. THE most interesting station out there IMO.

8 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

Interesting.  I wonder how many other stations (radio, TV, etc) would consider a solar array.

If they have the space, the driver here seemed to be the last chance to get a 30% federal tax credit - 2019 is the last year you can get the credit.  Stations may set up their own farms if they can get tax breaks locally and perhaps have the ability to sell it back to the grid.

The KNTV / KSTS building has been powered by renewable sources since they moved to their current facility.  They don’t have a plant but you buy your energy from renewable suppliers that are hooked to the regular grid. 

19 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

Mandy Bailey formerly from KSWO that was fired for that brain binder has landed a job at KTEN as the Chief Meteorologist after David Siple left. She will be on air next week at 4,5,6,9,and 10

Is Lockwood nothing more then an Island of Misfit Toys for things Gray does not want?

Edited by JCB4TV

27 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

Mandy Bailey formerly from KSWO that was fired for that brain binder has landed a job at KTEN as the Chief Meteorologist after David Siple left. She will be on air next week at 4,5,6,9,and 10

Mandy NEEDS TO BE NICE and post appropriate pics

Edited by JacobC

Listen we must watch out for what people are posting on social media. I am 21 and now I have to be careful and that picture was totally unacceptable she drew what was Mandy did. Always remember to be cautious for what people said and how they react

3 hours ago, JacobC said:

Listen we must watch out for what people are posting on social media. I am 21 and now I have to be careful and that picture was totally unacceptable she drew what was Mandy did. Always remember to be cautious for what people said and how they react

I'm now more dumber for having read this. You clearly don't know the woman JacobC, so put your pitch fork and torch away, sit down and shut up. Show some respect and be glad she found another job. Also, you show clear inability to splice together a coherent thought. Work on it.

3 hours ago, JacobC said:

I say this with as much respect as I can possibly give you: I think this is a really dumb comment.

• Like 2

Scripps announces Pickler and Ben are dunzo. They'll continue on in best-of until the Fall season starts

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/2019/03/28/kellie-pickler-nashville-based-show-pickler-ben-dropped-scripps/3298414002/?fbclid=IwAR2sko6COrLhKQtdyCau-00Pdnu3MViqxIz95ESYVt9LCbOvDXngq471GUI

Edited by TriangleTriadMediaNews

1 hour ago, KentBrockman said:

I'm now more dumber for having read this. You clearly don't know the woman JacobC, so put your pitch fork and torch away, sit down and shut up. Show some respect and be glad she found another job. Also, you show clear inability to splice together a coherent thought. Work on it.

Amen, brother!

11 hours ago, djlynch said:

KVUE's Mike Barnes hangs up the mic tonight after nearly 30 years at the station. Seems to be kind of a sudden announcement.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/mike-barnes-era-ends-at-kvue/269-d0014cda-4e9c-42ec-ab93-5ba1c5e67cb7

Word is he wasn’t renewed. They didn’t announce he was leaving until Friday, the same day he left. People on their Facebook page are mad. 

His farewell, if you can call it that, lasted about 5 seconds at the end of the newscast. No through-the-years montage. No long speech. Both the main anchors were off, too. Awkward. 

Edited by Greggo

1 hour ago, Greggo said:

Word is he wasn’t renewed. They didn’t announce he was leaving until Friday, the same day he left. People on their Facebook page are mad. 

His farewell, if you can call it that, lasted about 5 seconds at the end of the newscast. No through-the-years montage. No long speech. Both the main anchors were off, too. Awkward. 

What in the world is going on? I feel like everyone is leaving right away to new positions in different work areas 

4 hours ago, Greggo said:

Sounds like a force-out.

Here in Columbus, WCMH is planning to celebrate it's 70th anniversary all day Wednesday, with vintage clips during all the newscasts. 

Really surprised to see WCMH going all out on this one, apparently, in light of the cuts suffered recently.  

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:23 PM, djlynch said:

KVUE's Mike Barnes hangs up the mic tonight after nearly 30 years at the station. Seems to be kind of a sudden announcement.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/mike-barnes-era-ends-at-kvue/269-d0014cda-4e9c-42ec-ab93-5ba1c5e67cb7

Let's see, he's over 50 and works at Tegna. Do the math.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 7:20 AM, scrabbleship said:

I would not be shocked to see Inside Edition switch stations at this point, probably to WHDH as they could slot that at 7:30 while airing Extra solely at 11:30.

Effective today, WHDH's 7:00 newscast has been replaced by Inside Edition. I semi-called this.

Truth be told, Boston did have one 7:00 newscast too many and I think that NBC went in on one for WBTS is a good sign at what NBC will do with the 7:00 slot once Extra leaves in Hartford, NYC, and Philly.

5 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

Effective today, WHDH's 7:00 newscast has been replaced by Inside Edition. I semi-called this.

Truth be told, Boston did have one 7:00 newscast too many and I think that NBC went in on one for WBTS is a good sign at what NBC will do with the 7:00 slot once Extra leaves in Hartford, NYC, and Philly.

What replaces it on WCVB?