Out & About

TexasTVNews

5 hours ago, plzstandby said:

video at 11?

Film at 11.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to double post here and apologies if its in the wrong thread, but...

C-SPAN just got themselves a brand new look. Why? They turn 40 tomorrow.

https://www.C-SPAN.org

Edited by TheRolyPoly

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Lieberman says PIO at one point and PR in another, and those are not the same things. I didn't see any indication on Keller's Twitter note on where he's headed next. I saw him anchoring last weekend and was thinking about how he's underrated on air.

On 3/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, CircleSeven said:

WTTG is adding a new 4pm hour in the spring, competing against WRC & WJLA.

They didn't announce an exact date. But could they be launcing before the May books?

So once this launches, WTTG will air weekday news from 4am-11am, 4pm-7:30pm, 8pm-8:30pm (via WDCA), 9pm-9:30pm (via WDCA), and 10pm-midnight.
That's damn near the level of KTLA.  

13 hours ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

So once this launches, WTTG will air weekday news from 4am-11am, 4pm-7:30pm, 8pm-8:30pm (via WDCA), 9pm-9:30pm (via WDCA), and 10pm-midnight.
That's damn near the level of KTLA.  

* weekday programming.

WTTG airs opinion programming at 7pm and a political show at 11:30pm so its not entirely news in those timeslots.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

* weekday programming.

WTTG airs opinion programming at 7pm and a political show at 11:30pm so its not entirely news in those timeslots.

Is it produced by the news department...or by the opinion department?

Edited by Eat News
(Heize) - She's Fine (Full Album) .. https://youtu.be/lum-aaCW1Tg

I saw a promo for CourtTV's launch airing on Grit today. If you want anymore proof that CourtTV will take Grit's place when it debuts in May, I'll tell you that Grit's advertising base is now almost entirely comprised of 1-800 insurance/medicare/IRS ads. 

The all-westerns format is just a place-holder/filler for them until CourtTV is ready to go. If Grit were serious about staying on, they would at least acquire some stronger programming.

Edited by hmaxhanson

1 hour ago, hmaxhanson said:

I saw a promo for CourtTV's launch airing on Grit today. If you want anymore proof that CourtTV will take Grit's place when it debuts in May, I'll tell you that Grit's advertising base is now almost entirely comprised of 1-800 insurance/medicare/IRS ads. 

The all-westerns format is just a place-holder/filler for them until CourtTV is ready to go. If Grit were serious about staying on, they would at least acquire some stronger programming.

Again, it's possible you're reading too much into this. I looked at the affiliate lists for Court TV and Grit (available here and here) on RabbitEars and some of the latter's charter affiliates that also carry Grit are shown to be adding subchannels where Court TV will be carried. If Court TV was designed as a replacement for Grit, RabbitEars (given its access to sources) would not be putting the proposed Court TV channel placements on the same subchannels as Grit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, T.L. Hughes said:

Again, it's possible you're reading too much into this. I looked at the affiliate lists for Court TV and Grit (available here and here) on RabbitEars and some of the latter's charter affiliates that also carry Grit are shown to be adding subchannels where Court TV will be carried. If Court TV was designed as a replacement for Grit, RabbitEars (given its access to sources) would not be putting the proposed Court TV channel placements on the same subchannels as Grit.

CourtTV already announced it's affiliates? That I didn't know. Well, for now, there are only 13 of them, most of which feature Grit on another station. I can imagine the roster will expand greatly before or after the launch. I'm sure many station managers are desperate to move up from ther 60+ skewing Grit to the younger CourtTV.

Edited by hmaxhanson

I gotta to remind you, the new CourtTV already has distribution agreements with station group owners including Tribune, Scripps and Univision that will enable it to reach 50% of the U.S. at launch, with cable carriage representing 25% of cable homes. Tribune Broadcasting will carry Court TV in 22 markets, including New York (WPIX); Los Angeles (KTLA); Chicago (WGN); Philadelphia (WPHL); Dallas-Fort Worth (KDAF); Houston (KIAH); Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WSFL); Denver (KWGN); St. Louis (KTVI or KPLR); Seattle-Tacoma (KCPQ), Washington (WDCW); and Sacramento, Calif (KTXL).

20 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

I gotta to remind you, the new CourtTV already has distribution agreements with station group owners including Tribune, Scripps and Univision that will enable it to reach 50% of the U.S. at launch, with cable carriage representing 25% of cable homes. Tribune Broadcasting will carry Court TV in 22 markets, including New York (WPIX); Los Angeles (KTLA); Chicago (WGN); Philadelphia (WPHL); Dallas-Fort Worth (KDAF); Houston (KIAH); Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WSFL); Denver (KWGN); St. Louis (KTVI or KPLR); Seattle-Tacoma (KCPQ), Washington (WDCW); and Sacramento, Calif (KTXL).

So it looks like Grit is here to stay, even though it's now devolved in to a waste of space for many major stations.

Edited by hmaxhanson

19 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

So it looks like Grit is here to stay, even though it's now devolved in to a wast of space.

Hopefully CourtTV will either replace Grit on WJTC or WFNA (or LaffTV on WKRG) in the Mobile/Pensacola area.   Why Nexstar added these affiliates when WJTC already had Grit and WALA already had Laff is beyond me....

5 hours ago, DENDude said:

TexasTVNews, what is KWGN going to drop to carry Court TV?

• THIS TV
  • Comet
  • Charge!  

or will they launch channel 2.5.  My guess would be they would drop charge!. 

To tell you the truth, I don't have the answer for that. However, I can be wrong, but I can predict that KWGN will launch channel 2.5 for Court TV.

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

To tell you the truth, I don't have the answer for that. However, I can be wrong, but I can predict that KWGN will launch channel 2.5 for Court TV.

I think it'll definitely be one of the Sinclair networks that get's dropped. You can easily stream those via STIRR so why the need for the channel space?

3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WBOC is installing a solar farm with 2,088 panels in the back lot of their property. It is designed to power their entire facility with 908 kw. Construction should start later this month and end in June. 

http://www.wboc.com/story/40173344/wboc-breaks-ground-on-solar-farm

Interesting.  I wonder how many other stations (radio, TV, etc) would consider a solar array.