Out & About

TexasTVNews

11 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WALA has tweaked their morning newscasts....

The 4:30-7am portion still remains as Fox 10 News with longtime anchors Eric Reynolds & Sarah Wall, but now, the 7-9am portion is now "Good Day Gulf Coast" with Studio 10 co-host Joe Emer adding anchor duties alongside Sarah Wall.

I haven't seen too much of a shift of content (like other Fox "Good Day" shows) since the WALA morning news has been very news-intensive, but that could change.  Studio 10 is the lifestyle pay-for-play show where all of the "filler" has gone....

So they pulled a KTTV basically.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, Eat News said:

She only lasted 11 months...

And why is Lisa Remillard still sitting on the beach ?

https://www.kusi.com/kusi-tv-on-lisa-remillards-new-position-with-soccercity/

Lisa just got engaged in January to Dr. Travis Ehlers and recently formed a new company with former KFMB anchor Nichelle Medina called BlondeRavenStrategies.com.

Edited by ihEARDtHAT
  • Like 1

Elisabeth Kimmel, former owner of KFMB, has been arrested due to her alleged involvement in the college admissions bribery scandal that has also involved Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/2-San-Diegans-Arrested-in-College-Admission-Bribery-Scandal-507071771.html

On 3/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, kylephoto760 said:

Elisabeth Kimmel, former owner of KFMB, has been arrested due to her alleged involvement in the college admissions bribery scandal that has also involved Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/2-San-Diegans-Arrested-in-College-Admission-Bribery-Scandal-507071771.html

If she still owned KFMB, could that be grounds for an FCC license violation?  It's no longer an issue since Tegna owns the station and is no longer under her control.

27 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If she still owned KFMB, could that be grounds for an FCC license violation?  It's no longer an issue since Tegna owns the station and is no longer under her control.

Possibly yes because it was under her control and that she was abusing money, though it was a personal thing with her family and not the station itself, but still...

Because she got into trouble, KFMB would've been in trouble because of her. If this wasn't going to be a violation, then this could've caused KFMB to be sold anyways.

1 minute ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Possibly yes because it was under her control and that she was abusing money, though it was a personal thing with her family and not the station itself, but still...

Because she got into trouble, KFMB would've been in trouble because of her. If this wasn't going to be a violation, then this could've caused KFMB to be sold anyways.

Basically, KFMB would've still been sold off it'd just been delayed. So I'm sure she was glad to have sold KFMB off when she did because that could've been a mess at the FCC

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

KPIX gets a new camera from Treasure Island. One of the rare shots of the skyline we can now finally see. 

A105B583-EE2D-4220-9645-5A38FBB819BD.jpeg

I like, WJZ just got two more, but they placed them along roads/complex interchanges. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Apparently WJZY got a new look on their website. Guessing FOX is doing a update for their stations.

Screenshot_2019-03-14 FOX 46 Charlotte News, Weather, Sports, Traffic WJZY.png

WAGA and WFLD are yet to get this updated site design.

Edited by Darius22

11 hours ago, Darius22 said:

WAGA and WFLD are yet to get this updated site design.

22 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Apparently WJZY got a new look on their website. Guessing FOX is doing a update for their stations.

Screenshot_2019-03-14 FOX 46 Charlotte News, Weather, Sports, Traffic WJZY.png

Just checked KDFW's site, this is much better than what they did have.

Edited by east-tx-tv

WFAA's Dale Hansen has received the Lifetime Achievement award from the Radio Television Digital News Association, in a ceremony this week in Washington.

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2019/03/dale-hansen-came-prepared-to-accept-his-lifetime-achievement-award/

Edited by east-tx-tv

On 3/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, TexasTVNews said:

The FOX O&O Texas stations; KDFW, KTBC and KRIV have already updated their site.

Only days before the Disney/Fox merger will have been completed.

I'm not a big fan of the font (Lato). What other station groups use that font?

Could Fox launch new graphics based on this website design?

Edited by Conrad

45 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Only days before the Disney/Fox merger will have been completed.

I'm not a big fan of the font (Lato). What other station groups use that font?

Could Fox launch new graphics based on this website design?

The operation of Fox O&O's are not impacted by the Disney sale.  They will continue to be controlled by "New Fox" and the Murdoch family.  I'm sure it was a legacy Fox decision on when to change the websites, along with a long overdue Fox5 NY studio.  All Fox decisions which Disney has no role in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

The operation of Fox O&O's are not impacted by the Disney sale.  They will continue to be controlled by "New Fox" and the Murdoch family.  I'm sure it was a legacy Fox decision on when to change the websites, along with a long overdue Fox5 NY studio.  All Fox decisions which Disney has no role in.

I know.

21st Century Fox started the rollout. Fox Corporation will finish it.

The remaining Fox businesses won't face as many changes as the businesses being sold to Disney will, but I'm sure there are plenty of boring behind the scenes changes required in splitting up a company of that size. I've heard that all the foxtv.com email addresses under the O&O stations will switch to fox.com after the sale.

I doubt a rejigged website design is indicative of anything though.

Edited by C Block
  • Like 1