Out & About

TexasTVNews

6 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KCDO (K3 Sterling - Denver) has just started to repeat some of KMGH's newscasts, most notable the weekday 6:00 (at 9:00 a.m.), 11:00 a.m. (at 1:00 p.m.), one of the weekend morning hours (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Saturdays and 10:00-11:00 a.m. Sundays), weekend 5:00 p.m. (at 7:00 p.m.) and nightly 10:00 p.m. (at 11:00 p.m.).

Looks like this has been going on since May:

I really wouldn't put much thought into this. KCDO is a one-off station that has always done some odd things. 

As anticipated, the Superbowl drew drastically low ratings, especially in New Orleans.  Overnight numbers showed the game drew rougly HALF of prior Superbowls and even some regular season games on local New Orleans TV.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-plummet-as-who-dats-strike-back.html

I think the NOLA fans won the Superbowl.  They got screwed by the refs by the no call, and the game was an absolute shit show for the NFL.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I think the NOLA fans won the Superbowl.  They got screwed by the refs by the no call, and the game was an absolute shit show for the NFL.

Good, now can they finally shut up about it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, Breaking News said:

Didn't they move John Snell & Nancy Parker to the morning news? Are they being ditched since the sale to Gray?

Sorry for the late response, but John and Nancy are still there. I haven't seen the now-9 to 10 am hour yet.

29 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

As anticipated, the Superbowl drew drastically low ratings, especially in New Orleans.  Overnight numbers showed the game drew rougly HALF of prior Superbowls and even some regular season games on local New Orleans TV.

https://www.nola.com/saints/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-plummet-as-who-dats-strike-back.html

You think? 

Boycott Bowl 2.jpg

• Like 4

It's about time for the sports empires built by the leagues and networks to crumble.  Viewers are sick and tired of being held hostage and fleeced so these entities can get more and more money.

The national championship and the Superbowl this year have been Poetic Justice.  

While they're at it, just give up doing the overproduced half time shows too....it worked SO WELL for Imagine Dragons during the national championship....

End rant.  Thank goodness football season is finally over.

1 hour ago, PelicanGuy said:

Sorry for the late response, but John and Nancy are still there. I haven't seen the now-9 to 10 am hour yet.

You think? 

Boycott Bowl 2.jpg

I wonder how they felt at WWL being forced to air the Super Bowl which their home team was robbed in? I do think the Saints will be seen as the "real" winners in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

I wonder how they felt at WWL being forced to air the Super Bowl which their home team was robbed in? I do think the Saints will be seen as the "real" winners in the end.

Or WDSU, watching their colleagues at WCVB, WMUR, and WMTW celebrate another Patriots win.

6 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Speaking for all of us Who Dats, We were certainly not dissapointed by what happened last night. Of course, a lot of us never watched.

3 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Makes me wonder what would have happened if WWL decided to protest and black out the game...

I'm not in the New Orleans area, I'm in Shreveport but I wouldn't have blamed them for doing it. I would imagine most of the other CBS affiliates in areas where the Saints have preseason presence probably suffered too. However, WWL has made no secret of it's displeasure at being forced to air the bowl. A look at it's Facebook page and replies to comments will tell you everything you need to know.

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast

15 minutes ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

I'm not in the New Orleans area, I'm in Shreveport but I wouldn't have blamed them for doing it. I would imagine most of the other CBS affiliates in areas where the Saints have preseason presence probably suffered too. However, WWL has made no secret of it's displeasure at being forced to air the bowl. A look at it's Facebook page and replies to comments will tell you everything you need to know.

Yeah, I think Tegna and CBS would be screaming at them if they blacked it out.

• Like 1

From Deadline Hollywood. The final total was that 98.2M viewers watched the game on the network. And that was below the 2009 total of 98.7M, the last time the game reached below 100M viewers.

I myself am not all that thrilled of NOLA's 26.1 rating (despite being half the total of last year's rating). It should've been way lower than that (like a 15 or below), and by watching this vid from WWL's late show last night, some actually did watch the game.

Edited by CircleSeven

Changes at Raycom's...I mean, Gray's WWBT here in Richmond. 

Just learned that the station's First at Four was expanded to an hour today meaning sister station WUPV's 4:30pm newscast - which moved from 6:30pm since September 2017 - is no more. The new second half-hour replaced Inside Edition. IE continues to air at 7:30pm after ET while WUPV airs a second airing of Hot Bench in the 4:30pm slot. Me Time with Frangela - which airs at 2pm - has been replaced with Right This Minute.

Edited by tw-804

7 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

It's about time for the sports empires built by the leagues and networks to crumble.  Viewers are sick and tired of being held hostage and fleeced so these entities can get more and more money.

The national championship and the Superbowl this year have been Poetic Justice.  

While they're at it, just give up doing the overproduced half time shows too....it worked SO WELL for Imagine Dragons during the national championship....

End rant.  Thank goodness football season is finally over.

I'm a football fan (jets fan here) and trust and believe no matter how much one loves the sport, there is such thing as "Football Fatigue" Don't let anyone convince you or anyone else otherwise. You'll miss it down the road but for now, you're relieved. When the SB match is set, I couldn't wait to move on from other stuff. This is the best time right now. The way the season ended on a whimper though is coincidence, no? High flying NFC offense teams knock out each one + one neutralized at end by a bunch of undertakers from New England. Meanwhile in college, A powerhouse knocked out by another RISING powerhouse in a neutral field that wasn't football country to begin with. What a joke of a National championship that was.

WMC weekend morning anchor Jerica Phillips has announced she's leaving the station to become Deputy Chief of Communications with Shelby County Schools. Her last day on-air will be March 7th.

Jerica has been with WMC since 2008, except for a two-year break somewhere in there where she went to work as a Social Marketing Coordinator for Shelby County government. According to her bio, though, she still freelanced for WMC during that time, before returning full time. Former weekday evening anchor Ursula Madden is also a communications officer these days, working with the current Memphis mayoral administration.

51 minutes ago, memnews said:

WMC weekend morning anchor Jerica Phillips has announced she's leaving the station to become Deputy Chief of Communications with Shelby County Schools. Her last day on-air will be March 7th.

Jerica has been with WMC since 2008, except for a two-year break somewhere in there where she went to work as a Social Marketing Coordinator for Shelby County government. According to her bio, though, she still freelanced for WMC during that time, before returning full time. Former weekday evening anchor Ursula Madden is also a communications officer these days, working with the current Memphis mayoral administration.

This is nothing new. If I remember correctly, Kristen Tallent (former anchor/reporter at WHBQ) also works with SCS as a public information officer these days in addition to her work as a spokesperson for a couple of local businesses in the city.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFTV said:

Smart move...

She cuts her cost of living by 1/3rd...goes to a respectable news town, and she still gets to eat and play, close to the bay area...but not TOO close.

• Like 1