Out & About

TexasTVNews

KDKA has sacked one of their producers for airing an L3 that read 

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/01/30/super-bowl-2019-tom-brady-graphic-pittsburgh-tv-station/2720352002/

Here’s Deadspin’s interview with the producer:

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

Edited by Georgie56

4 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2019/01/30/super-bowl-2019-tom-brady-graphic-pittsburgh-tv-station/2720352002/

https://deadspin.com/an-interview-with-the-local-tv-producer-fired-for-a-gra-1832202041

Obviously, KDKA does NOT like the Patriots

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

I just saw this story on TVSpy, it's pretty hilarious and irresponsible... and the first thing I thought was "I hope there a full clip of this available for NewsBeFunny's January compilation". Some people say that humans' attention spans are short, but the fact that people are still mad at Tom Brady for "Deflategate" three years after the AFC Championship game in which the incident happened - and this employee was willing to do express his opinion in a way that got him/her fired - more or less proves otherwise. When you do something even potentially shady, people have an elephant's memory of that.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

5 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

Obviously, KDKA does NOT like the Patriots

Should the Patriots win on Sunday, KDKA should just put up a "Technical Difficulties" slide during the trophy presentation to spare Western Pennsylvania from seeing the Patriots collect their 6th trophy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Brady

Known Cheater

He put his employer in a poor light and deserved to be fired.

I've probably done worse things on the air, but all of it happened before Twitter existed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRob said:

I've probably done worse things on the air, but all of it happened before Twitter existed.

Oh you said it!

This stuff always happened...just now it's so much easier to get caught and busted because there is instant proof of said "mis-deeds".

You just can't have ANY fun anymore.

Edited by Eat News
Lucky-7 Pirate Tv-7 https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19780420&id=5ZxPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vgUEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6995,6276207
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eat News said:

Oh you said it!

This stuff always happened...just now it's so much easier to get caught and busted because there is instant proof of said "mis-deeds".

You just can't have ANY fun anymore.

That's the thing. Social Media is Social Justice Warrior for everything. Had that gaffe happened as deflate-gate just developed, at best he would've been suspended, not fired. Put the employer at a poor light? What standards? How extreme. The employer had to cover their asses when it flamed on social media, get real. The peeps in freakin' Steeler Country are laughing their asses off, not embarrassed. Let's face it, It ISN'T that far off from the truth. I was gonna say it reminded me of KTVU "Ho lee fuk" gaffe, but...i digress. *jets fan here*-editor's note

Edited by justin2kx
  • Like 2

Everyone, I'm going to be on WFAA News 8 tomorrow night at 10pm. I've was interviewed by Kevin Reece all afternoon today about my autism, my love to local TV news, etc. So, if you're in the DFW area, please be sure to tune in tomorrow on The Update at 10pm.

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Everyone, I'm going to be on WFAA News 8 tomorrow night at 10pm. I've was interviewed by Kevin Reece all afternoon today about my autism, my love to local TV news, etc. So, if you're in the DFW area, please be sure to tune in tomorrow on The Update at 10pm. 

Hey! Another person with ASD. There seem to be a number of us in the community! Please pass us the link when it's posted online after-the-fact.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I'll be sure to watch! Aspies rule!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

If they do upload it onto their YouTube channel please post it on here if at all possible. I have autism myself and as Georgie said Aspies does rule

5 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

He didn't mention which shift he will be assigned; since they have both already left after accepting buyouts, will he be replacing Al Wallace or Jason Lamb?

I would say Friday and Saturday and Rob Collins the others but Rob still Anchors on Weekends to.

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

ASPIES RULE! 🤘

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, JCB4TV said:

Should the Patriots win on Sunday, KDKA should just put up a "Technical Difficulties" slide during the trophy presentation to spare Western Pennsylvania from seeing the Patriots collect their 6th trophy.

Or New Orleans

You remember that commercial shoot I mentioned at WKMG? Where I met everyone?

They're chunking up a good amount of promotional blitz for it. If you take a look at their youtube, you'll get to see some of the people News 6 'got results' for. They'll be featured on Sunday's ad, and the ads going forward.

And here's the behind the scenes stuff.

[that one features me. I'm the one holding the phone recording Troy and Lisa recalling a story about his new car.]

• Like 1

KCDO (K3 Sterling - Denver) has just started to repeat some of KMGH's newscasts, most notable the weekday 6:00 (at 9:00 a.m.), 11:00 a.m. (at 1:00 p.m.), one of the weekend morning hours (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Saturdays and 10:00-11:00 a.m. Sundays), weekend 5:00 p.m. (at 7:00 p.m.) and nightly 10:00 p.m. (at 11:00 p.m.).

3 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KCDO (K3 Sterling - Denver) has just started to repeat some of KMGH's newscasts, most notable the weekday 6:00 (at 9:00 a.m.), 11:00 a.m. (at 1:00 p.m.), one of the weekend morning hours (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Saturdays and 10:00-11:00 a.m. Sundays), weekend 5:00 p.m. (at 7:00 p.m.) and nightly 10:00 p.m. (at 11:00 p.m.).

mhmmm... Something tells me that Scripps is seriously looking at forming a duopoly in Denver with KMGH and KCDO