Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 1/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, JoseRM303 said:

Travis is Chief meteorologist while David is chief weathercaster as to why 2 chiefs who knows perhaps for severe weather etc they can tag team.

That's what the arrangement was at WJLA when Doug Hill and Bob Ryan were there together.  Doug typically did the noon and 5pm shows while Bob did 6 and 11pm, but working together during any kind of major weather outbreak. 

2 hours ago, TheRob said:

This is something. It's in the Seattle Times (paywall), but KCPQ fired an editor for using doctored video of President Trump.

Had no issues here:

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/tv/trump-tongue-trick-lands-seattle-tv-station-q13-fox-in-hot-water/

The video was changed to make it look as if Trump was sticking his tongue out languidly between sentences. In addition, the colors in the video look more saturated, leading the president’s skin and hair to appear more orange. 

During the speech, Trump said, “Hopefully, we can rise above partisan politics in order to support national security,” before briefly licking his lips and continuing to speak.

In the video broadcast on Q13, it appears that Trump lets his tongue hang out, resting it on his lower lip for an unusually long time.

Completely uncacceptable. 

Longtime WTTG anchor Tony Perkins announces his departure from the station.  Perkins had worked at WTTG from 1993-1999 before leaving for a stint at Good Morning America, returning to WTTG in 2006 where he most recently worked on Friday & Saturday mornings.  He will continue his afternoon drive radio show with the legendary Donnie Simpson.

• Like 1

KDFW has posted on their Facebook page that longtime reporter Brandon Todd has been given a co-anchor role.  He will anchor the 4am-6am portion of "Good Day" with Hanna Battah, while longtime "Good Day" anchors Tim Ryan and Lauren Pryzybl will come along for the 6am-10am part.  Congrats to Brandon.  He's a good reporter, but he'll have to put his alarm clock on for a lot earlier now.

1 hour ago, east-tx-tv said:

KDFW has posted on their Facebook page that longtime reporter Brandon Todd has been given a co-anchor role.  He will anchor the 4am-6am portion of "Good Day" with Hanna Battah, while longtime "Good Day" anchors Tim Ryan and Lauren Pryzybl will come along for the 6am-10am part.  Congrats to Brandon.  He's a good reporter, but he'll have to put his alarm clock on for a lot earlier now.

I wished Brandon would anchor with Clarice at 5:30 and 10pm. KDFW hasn't had co-anchor since Baron James left long ago.

Edited by 24994J

Pour some sweet tea and warm up the Jacuzzi, because Chris Hanson is in town...

But the only thing young and bouncy are his checks.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/to-catch-a-predator-host-chris-hansen-charged-with-bouncing-checks

This reminds me of a hooker i knew from Russia...

She wouldn't take Czech's either...

image.thumb.png.e5c96f1e4f6cf2aea18a7c63e6dd79ea.png

Edited by Eat News
Jenni-Solo https://youtu.be/b73BI9eUkjM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

WCMH main anchor Mike Jackson is recovering from a stroke. According to the station, it happened last week. The staff was worried last week when he did not show up for work. Police were called and that’s when they when they found Jackson in his home.

https://www.nbc4i.com/get-well-mike

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

The Weekend is here, AFC/NFC Championship this Sunday, enjoy it all. Have a good weekend, good golf, good tennis, or whatever makes you happy!

There's also some good College Basketball and NBA action going on this MLK weekend too

On 1/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, TexasTVNews said:

The Weekend is here, AFC/NFC Championship this Sunday, enjoy it all. Have a good weekend, good golf, good tennis, or whatever makes you happy!

On 1/19/2019 at 2:06 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

Marrrrrvin Zindler..... Eyeeeeeewitness News!

Thank you, Marvin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, Northerner said:

I think there's gonna be a rebranding/refresh really soon, lol.

Not sure if that’s a compliment for MSNBC - we are talking about a person who has a gold toilet and his primary residence is golden and marble. Hardly the type for style advice. 

Edited by rkolsen
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Not sure if that’s a compliment for MSNBC - we are talking about a person who has a gold toilet and his primary residence is golden and marble. Hardly the type for style advice. 

I heard that on Morning Joe this morning that he loves MSNBC graphics vs. FOX... I had to LMAO :classic_biggrin: He in love with the Chryon.

20 hours ago, Breaking News said:

I heard that on Morning Joe this morning that he loves MSNBC graphics vs. FOX... I had to LMAO :classic_biggrin: He in love with the Chryon.

Simpler to read.  Especially when MSNBC ditched the ticker.  Trump's preferred L3s would be ones with pictures probably.

• Like 1