Out & About

TexasTVNews

Cheers to Out & About!  Happy New Year and happy permanent forum placement!

Meanwhile, longtime KDFW reporter Fil Alvarado is calling it a career this week.  He has been at KDFW for 33 years.  Alvarado also did radio news, including a stint at KRLD 1080 in Dallas.  Happy trails, Fil!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-column/2018/12/31/hello-cynthia-izaguirre-bye-fil-alvarado-hotel-awards-dallas-bars-new-officers-authornnedi-okorafor-comes-highland-park

Edited by east-tx-tv

Oh my....Don Lemon is drunk again...

And this year Don spotted a former girlfriend in the bar where CNN is broadcasting from in NOLO...too funny.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/1/2/drunk-don-lemon-mistakes-reporter-for-old-college-girlfriend

Give Don another drink and another bump before he starts getting goo-goo eyed for Brooke..

But wait!

Over on FOX News Channel a nice Hispanic woman was being interviewed by the trusty reporter  and it went something like this...

Reporter: "How do you want to start off the new year Miss???"

Lady: "With a loan"...

Well I guess our reporter didn't understand what she really said and proceeded to gently rib her for the statement....

" A loan....." ha ha ha.....Toss back to Anchor Kennedy...

"Brian" Kennedy interrupted...

" I think she said she wanted a lung....not a loan". (Oh shit here we go) It was quickly downhill from there.

Toss it back to Tyrus...and pray.

Edited by Eat News
Happy News Year!

On 12/31/2018 at 5:52 PM, CLETVFan said:

Mark Nolan just tweeted that tonight's 6pm newscast will be his last on WOIO.  I believe his co-anchor Romona Robinson has already left the station.

Carl Monday has also posted a farewell video on social media as well.  He was at Cleveland 19 since 2007.

No surprise there since the past year or two, they've been pushing Tiffani Tucker and Chris Tanaka as the main anchors, while Mark Nolan and Romona Robinson felt they were being phased out.

17 hours ago, E. R. said:

I’m thinking they may have been on a common press riser and not a set like NBC or ABC had.  If it’s a common press riser I can see he reasons why such as poking someone’s eyes out. 

But I noticed they were fine with NBC using umbrellas when Chrissy Teigan and Leslie Jones we’re out in the crowds,  Leslie was using a large black NBC News umbrellla. The NBC News umbrella was black and you could see the peacock and NBC but News was dark.  The way News appeared it made me think someone made a mistake ordering black umbrellas. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, NEOMatrix said:

No surprise there since the past year or two, they've been pushing Tiffani Tucker and Chris Tanaka as the main anchors, while Mark Nolan and Romona Robinson felt they were being phased out.

Mark Nolan already has a full plate hosting the morning show on WMJI Majic 105.7 (where he succeeded the legendary John Lanigan in 2014). His anchoring the 4pm and 6pm news on WOIO were almost like a side project.

This had everything to do with clearing the decks before Gray took over on the 2nd.

And to no surprise, it's Herzog that's the new Chief at 13.

KTRK's morning meteorologist Travis Herzog will replace the retiring Tim Heller as the new Chief Meteorogist at the station. 

He'll be weather anchoring the 5, 6 & 10pm shows starting one week from Monday. 

Elita Loresca will take over Herzog's morning spot.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Definitely not worth its own thread but it appears the WMUR graphics package is called RINGS according to this one post on Vimeo from a hub designer.

Cool, thanks for that.

As a graphics hub for all of the Hearst owned stations, we have developed an alternate design package called "RINGS" for the stations who might share part of the same DMA as those who use the "DIAGRID" design.

So, not just WMUR?

(Mods, feel free to move this if necessary.)

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

And to no surprise, it's Herzog that's the new Chief at 13.

KTRK's morning meteorologist Travis Herzog will replace the retiring Tim Heller as the new Chief Meteorogist at the station. 

He'll be weather anchoring the 5, 6 & 10pm shows starting one week from Monday. 

Elita Loresca will take over Herzog's morning spot.

This is the best news. I’m so proud of Travis, I remember when he started years ago as the weekend AM meteorologist. Congratulations to both he and Elita.

3 hours ago, mre29 said:

Cool, thanks for that.

So, not just WMUR?

(Mods, feel free to move this if necessary.)

Think it’s safe to say just for WMUR. All other stations got Diagrid 2.0. 

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

Think it’s safe to say just for WMUR. All other stations got Diagrid 2.0. 

So, basically, the guy didn't want to single out WMUR by name? Fair enough.

Edited by mre29

On 1/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Georgie56 said:

My bet would be Collin Myers for 3 & 4pm and Loresca at 11.

Collin posted on his fb that he will be doing the 3 pm show Wednesday thru Friday and continue to do weekend mornings. So Monday and Tuesday will be someone else.

Edited by JoseRM303

3 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

Collin posted on his fb that he will be doing the 3 pm show Wednesday thru Friday and continue to do weekend mornings. So Monday and Tuesday will be someone else.

Probably a split between David Tillman & Myers?

Something tells me that they're not going to hire a new fifth weather anchor in the near term.

Edited by CircleSeven

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Something tells me that they're not going to hire a new fifth weather anchor in the near term.

They recently hired Rachel Briers who joined last month from last KWES. I had originally thought Collin would take over Elita’s old schedule of 11a, 3 & 4p until I saw his FB post. So wonder if Rachel will do 11a & 4p M-F and add the 3p on Monday’s & Tuesday’s? Or perhaps she takes David’s weekend slot and David is moved to weekdays?

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Youngstown. Morning forecast Rich Morgan announced his retirement from Nexstar's WKBN. After 40 years in the business and 27 of years as the morning forecaster his last day is Friday March 1st. Now let's go to the video.

Rich Morgan Announcement

WKBN YouTube link

Edited by news89
Add YouTube link
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, news89 said:

Meanwhile in Youngstown. Morning forecast Rich Morgan announced his retirement from Nexstar's WKBN. After 40 years in the business and 27 of years as the morning forecaster his last day is Friday March 1st. Now let's go to the video.

Rich Morgan Announcement

WKBN YouTube link

Congratulations to Rich Morgan for sticking it through thick and thin. Through good owners (Williamson, Media General) and bad (Piedmont), he has been a legend at WKBN.

• Like 2