Out & About

TexasTVNews

On 12/16/2018 at 12:55 PM, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

Angie Goff leaving WRC effective today.  I'm honestly surprised, I know she's definitely a viewer favorite here in DC, going back to her days across town at WUSA.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Angie-Goff-Says-Goodbye-to-News4_Washington-DC-502874451.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand&fbclid=IwAR20wvwLO2nRBMEMWUjMc6FF6pFMYAsBx825V8j6Qmt91AMiuieA2YJkWSY

Looks like she'll be moving across town again to FOX 5.  I don't know where she would end up there, I'd imagine she would only want to leave WRC if she were up for a weekday anchor gig, much like Annie Yu leaving WTTG for WUSA.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/12/18/look-whos-crossing-the-street-in-dc

On 12/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Very sad news indeed.   Next to Dick Goddard, Don Webster was a fixture of WEWS, from hosting Upbeat, and even serving as the stations' general manager in the 1980s (when he ceded weather duties to Tom Tasslemyer).  He returned to weather in 1989 and was the chief meteorologist for the next decade until his retirement.

It's good to hear that Mark didn't disappear either...could he be going back to mornings?

Huge loss for Cleveland television with Don's passing.

39 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I don't see any word of "retirement" on there.

Agreed it does not say that but the anchors both state that they are "celebrating Steve Fiorina as he move into the next chapter of his life"  There are also posts from other 10News coworkers about his retirement.

20 hours ago, d247 said:

KTUL meteorologist Clint Boone has jumped ship to KJRH, joining former colleague Mike Collier.

What is going on with KTUL's weather staff? It seems like ever since Jennifer Zeppelin left Channel 8, they've lost meteorologists left and right and most of which have gone over to KJRH

50 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

Contracts running out and Sinclair-related issues perhaps?

I think the issues going on in Hunt Valley has to do with all of that, No one wants to work for a Sinclair-owned station and I really can't blame them for leaving the Sinclair stations while they still have a chance to do so

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Well, come midnight it looks like we're in for another government shutdown, I would assume the cable networks are going to stay live into the overnight hours and the weekend evenings again?

And possibly into Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I mean't that deal is still pending. It hasn't been approved yet.

They wrote the paperwork a couple of months ago. It takes time to get approval.

I still think that Quincy will use KVOA as trade bait with Nexstar. I'm sure the Oakleys would love to enter Des Moines with the pending Tribune divestitures. 

Edited by TVIntheDesert

23 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

I think the issues going on in Hunt Valley has to do with all of that, No one wants to work for a Sinclair-owned station and I really can't blame them for leaving the Sinclair stations while they still have a chance to do so

Not sure what is going on with meteorologists leaving KTUL I think it’s mainly issues with the management and Sinclair.

Maybe I missed the post but I’m surprised @ColDayNews news didn’t mention it here or on discord. WCMH was evacuated Friday morning after someone called the assignment desk saying there were pipe bombs throughout the building. Nothing was found but they were evacuated and master control was fed from WDTN. Management ordered that there be no coverage in order to prevent copy cats 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/12/23/bomb-threat-at-columbus-station

14 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Maybe I missed the post but I’m surprised @ColDayNews news didn’t mention it here or on discord. WCMH was evacuated Friday morning after someone called the assignment desk saying there were pipe bombs throughout the building. Nothing was found but they were evacuated and master control was fed from WDTN. Management ordered that there be no coverage in order to prevent copy cats 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/12/23/bomb-threat-at-columbus-station

I’d always been curious as to NBC 4’s contingencies during a disaster. Some time ago, they could use the tech center abandoned in the late 90s when NBC started to hub their stations from 30 Rock, WTVJ, Burbank, and KXAS. 

Master for Media General’s NBC stations was located at NBC4 until the sale to Nexstar. I’m not sure if the hub is still open, after the sale to Nexstar... but it was constructed in 2006 while the station was still run out of the NBC hub. 

Who were the targets, and was the suspect nabbed?

Station management made the right call not to break into programming or report on what has happened. This would also give the suspect the visibility he sought. 

• Like 2

Former KARE meteorologist Jeff Edmondson returning to WAVY 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffEdmondsonWX/status/1075835520687726595

This comes as the revolving door that is WAVY's weekend meteorologist position swings again, with Ashley Baylor preparing to leave after 4 years for Connecticut. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ash_Baylor/status/1076121028621934594

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic