Out & About

TexasTVNews

1 hour ago, nbc4ne said:

Well, based on its success, it looks like the days of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! on Local 10 appear to be numbered, as it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to introduce news at 7 and 7:30 on that station. If both shows Do have to move, I sure hope that they end up on a station Other than WSVN. I’m a big fan of both shows.

I've seen no indication that WPLG is about to dump the Sony game shows.

If it happens, WFOR would be likely to pick them up. WSVN is not cancelling Deco Drive for Wheel or J!.

Edited by Georgie56

2 minutes ago, ColDayNews said:

I’m not a big game show guy but why don’t the CBS O&Os have Wheel or J?

ABC just offered a ransom to keep it on their O&O's to the 40th year and keep it from moving to Fox O&O's. All about money, in every market. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

KTVT airs Wheel at 6:30PM and KTXA airs J! at 5:30 & 6:00PM

After WFAA dumped them in 2005 for “skewing too old”. Still upset at them for doing that. Wheel is beating Entertainment Tonight in Dallas amongst 18-49 year olds, as well.

1 hour ago, NYPhillynews said:

Wheel of fortune and Jeopardy are cash cows and ratings gold in many markets.

Yet Scripps yanked them a few years back in favor of their own inbred syndication efforts.  Stations like WEWS have never recovered...and helped stations like WBFF rise out of the ratings basement.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
more info
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Yet Scripps yanked them a few years back in favor of their own inbred syndication efforts.  Stations like WEWS have never recovered...and helped stations like WBFF rise out of the ratings basement.

I notice KDVR seems to have gotten more competitive since they scooped the pair up after KMGH had to get rid of them...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TVIntheDesert said:

I just heard through the grapevine that Stephanie Hockridge said her goodbyes at KNXV this evening.

She certainly did. She doesn't post much to social media anymore. I'm guessing she has a new job outside of TV, or she's following the new fiance somewhere.

KUSA & KTVD are "Tinkering with there signals" therefore everyone in metro Denver who uses an over the air antenna  is going to have to re-scan to receive NBC, WX Nation TV, MNTV, & MeTV.   Engineers at KUSA/KTVD say this is due to a boost in power at the two stations to try and eliminate dead spots in the viewing area. As far as i know there the only 2 stations doing this on 12/7.   

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

The TXA21 (KTXA - CBS 11 Sister Station) branding is no more... As of today, TXA21 is now Texas 21.

quU0ClC9.jpg

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a TV station’s logo resemble an interstate sign. There is at least one radio station I know of that has a similar logo (KYKZ-FM in Lake Charles, LA), but their logo utilizes the complete interstate logo design, whereas KTXA’s interstate logo doesn’t.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J1975am said:

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a TV station’s logo resemble an interstate sign. There is at least one radio station I know of that has a similar logo (KYKZ-FM in Lake Charles, LA), but their logo utilizes the complete interstate logo design, whereas KTXA’s interstate logo doesn’t.....

KOBI/KOTI has been using the "Interstate Sign" logo for decades, and their former sister station in Chico/Redding (KRCR) might have done so too at one time. 

19 minutes ago, J1975am said:

There's also this, which looks even worse. But it's also a microscopic market compared to DFW. 

Nbc5.png

20 minutes ago, J1975am said:

KOBI and KOTI say hi.

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic