Out & About

TexasTVNews

WISH-TV morning anchor Lauren Lowrey is leaving the station to join WSMV-TV in Nashville, she will anchor the 4 p.m. hour and co-anchor at 6:30 with Tom Randles. Tracy Kornet will remain at 5 and 10 p.m. with Tom Randles.

Her first day at the station is Monday, Dec. 3.

A assignment desk editor at WTVJ/WSCV who followed me on Instagram and I followed back showed that there was a fire alarm issue earlier this morning (assuming 4AM ish due to Instagram Stories timestamp of 8 hours ago) and then five hours ago so around 7 or 8 AM they had to evacuate and call the fire department as smoke filled the newsroom. The fire department declared it clear but at that time they couldn’t go back in as the newsroom needed to be vented more.  

Oh this week something interesting is happening at BAL. The anchors Stan and Deborah at WBAL are doing the 6pm show but not the 11pm. At first on Monday I thought it may have been a promo shoot with Lester who was anchoring from DC.

The only thing I can think of is that they’re handling the station holiday show - something I’ve seen their CSD post about.

I believe earlier in the thread @TVNewsLover mentioned they wanted Rick Ritter to replace replace Jessica Kartalija at the WJZ anchor desk.  Well about two weeks ago it was made official - but it was kind of obvious when he started anchoring at the beginning of the November book. 

According to FTVLive, Thompson, Wallace and Lamb are out!!

Tribune has been offering buyouts to some of their higher price talent.

At Kansas City’s WDAF, sources tell FTVLive that a number of staffers have accepted the buyouts and will be leaving the station.

Sources say that longtime WDAF Meteorologist Mike Thompson, along with longtime sports director Al Wallace and longtime sports reporter Jason Lamb have all accepted the buyots.

It appears that WDAF will have no sports department as of Dec. 31st with the loss of Wllace and Lamb.

• Like 1

Next week, Clarice Tinsley will be celebrating its 40th anniversary at KDFW-TV. She is now the longest running female anchor at a single station to broadcast the news in Dallas/Fort Worth for four decades. From Barry Judge to the late Chip Moody, to Steve Bosh (KUSI), to John Criswell (Retired), to Dale Shornack (former 5PM Anchor), to Baron James to currently Steve Eagar; Clarice has set the standard for local television news. To us here in the Metroplex, she's our Ann Bishop... The Ann Bishop of DFW.

FOX 4 is airing a special called CT40 Tuesday at 6:30PM after FOX 4 News at Six. Clarice congrats on 40 years at KDFW... and let's go for 50.

Edited by TexasTVNews
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Asomrjsurf said:

At Kansas City’s WDAF, sources tell FTVLive that a number of staffers have accepted the buyouts and will be leaving the station.

Sources say that longtime WDAF Meteorologist Mike Thompson, along with longtime sports director Al Wallace and longtime sports reporter Jason Lamb have all accepted the buyots.

It appears that WDAF will have no sports department as of Dec. 31st with the loss of Wllace and Lamb.

Crap, Tribune has several fossils at KFOR, they can clean house there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Next week, Clarice Tinsley will be celebrating its 40th anniversary at KDFW-TV. She is now the longest running female anchor at a single station to broadcast the news in Dallas/Fort Worth for four decades. From Barry Judge to the late Chip Moody, to Steve Bosh (KUSI), to John Criswell (Retired), to Dale Shornack (former 5PM Anchor), to Baron James to currently Steve Eagar; Clarice has set the standard for local television news. To us here in the Metroplex, she's our Ann Bishop... The Ann Bishop of DFW.

FOX 4 is airing a special called CT40 Tuesday at 6:30PM after FOX 4 News at Six. From all of us at TVNT, Clarice congrats on 40 years at KDFW... and let's go for 50.

Clarice anchors solo these days. Steve anchors with Heather Hays. 

• Like 2

Remember when I said a couple years back that Lisa Rayam may be headed to public radio (she had been a part-timer at Georgia Public Broadcasting and freelancer at WSB-AM — dunno if she ran into Monica Pearson numerous times — since leaving WAGA)?

Well...I WAS RIGHT!!!

Edited by johnnya2k6

3 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

FOX 4 is airing a special called CT40 Tuesday at 6:30PM after FOX 4 News at Six. From all of us at TVNT, Clarice congrats on 40 years at KDFW... and let's go for 50.

Congrats, Clarice!  I met her years ago while working for a bookstore, she ended up doing several children's storytimes there, as well as a charity gift-wrapping appearance one night.  But that's just a drop in the bucket to the countless appearances, speaking engagements, and charitable work she has done in north TX over the years.  Hard to believe it's been 40 years.  The only on-camera talent with more tenure in DFW are the late/great Harold Taft (41 years), David Finfrock (still on-air, and has surpassed Harold's length of tenure), and Bobbie Wygant (*still* doing work for KXAS, ever since the station's beginning as WBAP).

12 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

From all of us at TVNT, Clarice congrats on 40 years at KDFW... and let's go for 50.

I’m happy for her, but need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

12 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

40 years... that’s amazing. My congratulations to her! That type of longevity in local news is becoming increasingly rare, especially in a major market such as Dallas. Best wishes to Clarice!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Asomrjsurf said:

Wow! That's astonishing.

2 hours ago, cna247 said:

need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

It was a nice gesture full of good intention.

You get offended too easy...

Go sniff some pretty flowers and turn-off the cable tv politics....try a nice hot bath...or a drive thru the country on this nice fall day.

Or try some K-Pop for about 20mins a day...it's fun, and free of politics...and you don't even have to understand Korean to enjoy it.

Or you might want to connect with " a higher power".

Chillax!

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Eat News said:

It was a nice gesture full of good intention.

You get offended too easy...

Go sniff some pretty flowers and turn-off the cable tv politics....try a nice hot bath...or a drive thru the country on this nice fall day.

Or try some K-Pop for about 20mins a day...it's fun, and free of politics...and you don't even have to understand Korean to enjoy it.

Or you might want to connect with " a higher power".

Chillax!

Eaty, I’m not offended, just pointing out that we can speak for ourselves. And when did you unblock me, or did that happen by accident with the transfer?

cna247 said...

Eaty, I’m not offended, just pointing out that we can speak for ourselves.

===================

You are right...

He should have included a disclaimer that said you are easily offended, and  because of YOUR grumpiness you had "opted-out" of the nice thoughts department.

Try the higher power first.

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cna247 said:

I’m happy for her, but need I remind you you were never voted spokesman or press secretary on behalf of TVNT. We are all capable of speaking on our own to congratulate her. Just worry about yourself.

Just. Stop.

We don't need this type of junk on TVNT.

We don't need you to say that we're capable for speaking on our own, he was just doing a nice gesture on behalf of all of us that we're grateful for because he does a lot of work for this forum in an unofficial fashion.

Stop your shick or leave. You don't have to do either but you're becoming really annoying now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, cna247 said:

Seriously, don’t be a jerk. The guy was simply offering a nice gesture. 40 years at the same television station is nothing to scoff at. 

Just relax, say your congratulations, and move on. Or if you don’t like someone’s postings; you’re always free to scroll on or hit “ignore.” It doesn’t always require a response.

Like him or not, he does a lot of great work for the site in an unofficial capacity. As does Roly with his changingnewscasts blog that you’ve criticized many times. Point is, if you don’t like someone’s posts, just don’t read them.

Aren’t you the same guy who shielded Mardek from (well-deserved) criticism, telling everyone just not to read his posts if we didn’t like them? 🤔🤔

Edited by ColDayNews
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, qunewsguy said:

Thanks for the reminder to re-up my "ignore" list.

I had cna ignored on the old TVNT site before the latest upgrade, now it looks like I'm going to have to hit it again. Besides that cna is just a troll and nothing else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacobC said:

This was something that my Miami station WPLG just did so quickly. Remember when Firstcast added another hour of news at 3pm, well their earliest newscast was no. 1 (by fast)

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/more-news/226251/wplg-scores-new-afternoon-newscasts/

This is how successful it was... it was a half-hour at 3:00 p.m. in August. By November, just 3 months after launch, its now a full hour by adding an extra half-hour at 3:30 p.m.

In other words, 3:00-6:30 p.m., just like WBBH.

17 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

This is how successful it was... it was a half-hour at 3:00 p.m. in August. By November, just 3 months after launch, its now a full hour by adding an extra half-hour at 3:30 p.m.

In other words, 3:00-6:30 p.m., just like WBBH.

Well, based on its success, it looks like the days of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! on Local 10 appear to be numbered, as it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to introduce news at 7 and 7:30 on that station. If both shows Do have to move, I sure hope that they end up on a station Other than WSVN. I’m a big fan of both shows.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic