Out & About

TexasTVNews

So in other words we have seen reporters losing their jobs over posts made on Social Media yet this Mark Mathis guy only gets a "slap on the wrist" and is STILL employed at KUSI? I see a double standard to this issue here

Most the on air talent at KUSI has a few DUI's or other felonies.

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/daily-crasher/2008/may/12/bad-luck/

Most have done stints in Juvie or San Quentin....Leavenworth...Folsom.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-tv-weatherman-joe-lizura-pleads-guilty-lewd-act-2011feb11-story.html

Some of the anchors reportedly have tattoos....

One female anchor carries a switchblade and brass knuckles.

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 1

Or an employer who cares less than others do about what they post...

Most the on air talent at KUSI has a few DUI's or other felonies.

Most have done stints in Juvie or San Quentin....Leavenworth...Folsom.

Some of the anchors reportedly have tattoos....

One female anchor carries a switchblade and brass knuckles.

The thing about this is if you and I made a controversial post on Social Media and our boss at work sees that, we would get fired. So the fact that the "General Manager" of KUSI hasn't fired his/her own "reporters" that have either made a controversial post on Social Media and/or have gotten themselves in trouble with the law speaks volumes that this so-called General Manager of KUSI does NOT care about establishing rules that say that your Social Media posts (personal page, professional page) cannot be controversial and if you get arrested and you're working for us (the station) then you will be terminated.

But then again this is California we're talking about here and they will do whatever it takes to retain their employers

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I’m at my limit for The New Yorker but they have an article titled “The Growth of Sinclair’s Conservative Media Empire”.

Here’s what Kyle Griffin (an MSNBC producer that you should follow for all the news of the day) tweeted out:

[MEDIA=twitter]1053662120758263808[/MEDIA]

Edit: I copied this post from the Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion to try my moderator powers and see how the copy post feature worked.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

If you are looking for Larry Elliott on WJRT ABC 12 in Mid-Michigan come Monday, then don't be.

He has retired on Friday after working at WJRT for 39 years, since 1979. He was the principal anchor for WJRT's morning and noon broadcasts for like the last decade or so.

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/ABC12-bids-farewell-to-Larry-Elliott-who-is-retiring-after-39-years-498044641.html

• Like 1

I’m at my limit for The New Yorker but they have an article titled “The Growth of Sinclair’s Conservative Media Empire”.

Here’s what Kyle Griffin (an MSNBC producer that you should follow for all the news of the day) tweeted out:

[MEDIA=twitter]1053662120758263808[/MEDIA]

Edit: I copied this post from the Sinclair Broadcast Group - General Discussion to try my moderator powers and see how the copy post feature worked.

"Employees at MSNBC, , say that the company orders them to air biased political segments, and that it feeds interviewers questions intended to favor Democrats Brietbart reports."

See how that reads when you change the network and the political party?

Just sayin'

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

"Employees at MSNBC, , say that the company orders them to air biased political segments, and that it feeds interviewers questions intended to favor Democrats Brietbart reports."

Just sayin'

You could do the same with FOX News too...

Dateline: Pittsburgh

Meteorologist Ray Petelin, who was let go from Hearst's WTAE last month popped up as a fill-in on CBS's KDKA-TV Friday evening. He was given a warm introduction by Stacy Smith at 4pm.

Edited by Guest

Just sayin'

If you flipped the story around where Sinclair was doing this stuff to favor Democrat candidates and opinion within the local newscast produced by their stations, and hired Jon Favreau** to give mandatory nightly commentaries with no chance for a reply, there would be justifiable public indignation from Fox, Breitbart, et al, just like liberal groups and organizations are indignant at Sinclair right now. It’s inherently wrong and dishonest, regardless of the POV.

**Nothing against Favreau, he’s the closest equivalent to Boris Epysteyn I could think of at the moment.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

So in other words we have seen reporters losing their jobs over posts made on Social Media yet this Mark Mathis guy only gets a "slap on the wrist" and is STILL employed at KUSI? I see a double standard to this issue here

I think management at any station see the entertainment value he brings to the table. He's like the current President. He's a train wreck to watch, but the ratings are solid. That my take.

• Like 1

Jessica Kartalija is moving to KYW 3 from WJZ to become the evening anchor in Philly.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/10/22/this-is-not-goodbye-jessica-kartalija-headed-to-philadelphias-kyw/

Dave Chudowsky is now morning anchor at WKYC he comes from sports department.

[MEDIA=instagram]BpHMKceF_zL[/MEDIA]

In Las Vegas Bryan Scofield is gone from the station. Scripps making cuts apparently.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/10/22/bounced-in-sin-city

Jessica Kartalija is moving to KYW 3 from WJZ to become the evening anchor in Philly.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/10/22/this-is-not-goodbye-jessica-kartalija-headed-to-philadelphias-kyw/

In Las Vegas Bryan Scofield is gone from the station. Scripps making cuts apparently.

Al Pawlowski is replacing Dave Chudowsky as weekend evening sports anchor now that Dave on weekday mornings.

I think Jessica is a good addition. Here’s hoping Rick Ritter replaces her at the WJZ anchor desk.

• Like 1

I think management at any station see the entertainment value he brings to the table. He's like the current President. He's a train wreck to watch, but the ratings are solid. That my take.

In other words, as long as the ratings are sky high, it doesn't matter how much controversy comes up, that person will still be on the job AND will still appear on TV, apps, etc.

• Like 1

In other words, as long as the ratings are sky high, it doesn't matter how much controversy comes up, that person will still be on the job AND will still appear on TV, apps, etc.

They knew what they were hiring when they hired him. The Mark Mathis job history was no deep secret at KUSI.

Did you know former KUSI reporter Rod Luck was married to the HR director of KUSI?

Rod Luck was fired by his ex- wife from KUSI when Rod was accused of domestic violence a few years back.

The point is...

KUSI hires all kinds of wild and crazy people.

That's why KUSI is so much fun to watch.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

The man who took a pickup to KDFW's studio-office building in Dallas recently has been let go. Authorities can't hold him if no charges are ever filed. With all the mess he made and dust-up he caused, no one has any objection--KDFW, WFAA, no one.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/15/man-suspected-intentionally-crashing-fox-4-building-jail

Nothing new about the man who made a mess of KDFW's downtown Dallas building several weeks ago, but a quick pass by the building in recent days shows plywood on the windows, but no work beyond that. No new facade/siding, no bollards.

• Like 1

KUSI is basically what would have happened if Weird Al’s “U62” existed in the present day. A scrappy locally-owned indie with nothing to lose, headed by... eccentric... personalities all larger than life. Mark Malthus’ style fits KUSI perfectly and he has a loyal following; that’s why he was there and will likely remain after this.

Are they the market leader? Hardly, but their newscasts have a loyal, devoted following and cable carriage helps a lot.

• Like 2

Some news in Richmond and Hampton Roads...

WWBT has a new meteorologist: Nick Russo. He comes from WEYI NBC 25 in Mid-Michigan...

[MEDIA=twitter]1054365213632409601[/MEDIA]

...while a few miles down the road, Constance Jones - formerly of WPLG and WAGA - is now WRIC's new evening anchor.

[MEDIA=twitter]1054510634191241216[/MEDIA]

Meanwhile down I-64 East, Meteorologist Casey Lehecka is joining WAVY from WJAC 6 News in Johnstown, PA.

[MEDIA=twitter]1054105101760106497[/MEDIA]

Edited by tw-804

They knew what they were hiring when they hired him. The Mark Mathis job history was no deep secret at KUSI.

Did you know former KUSI reporter Rod Luck was married to the HR director of KUSI?

Rod Luck was fired by his ex- wife from KUSI when Rod was accused of domestic violence a few years back.

The point is...

KUSI hires all kinds of wild and crazy people.

That's why KUSI is so much fun to watch.

KUSI was fun to watch during the late 90’s. It was also ahead of its time with a 7pm newscast, 10am and noon. All now scrapped.

It was a wacky yet hard hitting newscast. But now it seems like a train wreck!

They even had some good talent and alumni.

Misha DiBono

Stan Miller

Christine Bellport

Susan Lennon

CS Keys

Alan Frio

• Like 3

KUSI was fun to watch during the late 90’s. It was also ahead of its time with a 7pm newscast, 10am and noon. All now scrapped.

It was a wacky yet hard hitting newscast. But now it seems like a train wreck!

They even had some good talent and alumni.

Misha DiBono

Stan Miller

Christine Bellport

Susan Lennon

CS Keys

Alan Frio

I agree. They were way better in the late 90's. I don't care to watch these days and I wish Sandra Maas was somewhere else, not there. I can't even bring myself to watch Carlos in the morning though I loved him on KTLA. I still watch them in the morning.

• Like 4

Some news in Richmond and Hampton Roads...

WWBT has a new meteorologist: Nick Russo. He comes from WEYI NBC 25 in Mid-Michigan...

[MEDIA=twitter]1054365213632409601[/MEDIA]

Great guy and glad to see him moving on up and to a better company than Sincrap.

• Like 2

Here's a small TV note: Lilly/SJL's WICU and WSEE in Erie, PA since having produced a joint newscast have also began ID'ing on-air both as simply "WICU" and "WSEE" with no channel number, at least like at the end of syndicated promos and common stuff.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic