Out & About

TexasTVNews

Joe was a solid newsman. I didn't know he had become a Dr......good for him.

I'm sure some of his old friends at KSBW would be sad to hear this.

Off to the big breakers in the sky...

Eat Some News for us Joe.

• Like 1

KLAS-TV Las Vegas has added a half-hour newscast at 3:00 p.m. this past Wednesday. No surprise considering that Las Vegas NOW (now just a half-hour at 3:30 p.m.) has suffered from poor ratings and technical problems from the start.

Its now the third in the market with KVVU still being all alone at 4:00 p.m.

And that Peter Van Zelt guy (or however you spell his last name) will troll on your site saying how bad it is for stations to add newscasts and how stations "would" go belly up if the newscast expansions don't stop or whatever the heck he says on your site

• Like 3

One of northeast Wisconsin's longest-tenured anchors is retiring in November. Tom Milbourn will be stepping down from WLUK after 57 years in broadcasting--24 of them at the Fox affiliate. Those of a certain age may also remember seeing him at rival WFRV during the early 90s.

https://fox11online.com/news/local/fox-11s-tom-milbourn-announces-retirement

My prediction: 10P anchor Mike Murad takes over the 5P and 9P.

Edited by Guest

JD Rudd appears to be gone from WEWS. The station is now looking for a new AM meteorologist, along with a temporary part-time one.

Will WEWS ever learn?! They should’ve never ditched Tera Blake for the short-lived duo of Somara Theodore (pre-ticket-scandal) and Jason Nicholas (pre-WOIO). But I guess things worked out for Tera Blake since she’s now at a dominant WKRC instead of a weak WEWS...

KUSI San Diego's Meteorologist Mark Mathis suspended for making threats over Twitter.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/10/10/suspended-in-san-diego

That's a name I haven't heard in years, I hadn't heard anything about him since his second go-around at WCCB.

I haven't thought about him since he did weather (IIRR, the midday news, mostly) on WFAA. A bit obnoxious in north TX, but was probably just a warm-up. I'd forgotten the Charlotte mess was him, now frosting on the cake in San Diego? How on earth was he in a relationship, with all that spazzy-wackyness? I wonder if he can bounce back from this, or even get a used-car-sales job.

• Like 2

That's a name I haven't heard in years, I hadn't heard anything about him since his second go-around at WCCB.

Same here. I remember seeing videos like these pre-YouTube on eBaum's World (another blast from the past). For those playing at home, yes, that is from when WCCB was still a Fox station. IIRC, he left this station to enter rehab then resurfaced in Colorado Springs. Had no idea he was in San Diego.

Edited by Guest

KLAS-TV Las Vegas has added a half-hour newscast at 3:00 p.m. this past Wednesday. No surprise considering that Las Vegas NOW (now just a half-hour at 3:30 p.m.) has suffered from poor ratings and technical problems from the start.

Its now the third in the market with KVVU still being all alone at 4:00 p.m.

KLAS previously had a 4pm newscast prior to Nexstar mandating the station to replace it with Las Vegas NOW.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Will WEWS ever learn?! They should’ve never ditched Tera Blake for the short-lived duo of Somara Theodore (pre-ticket-scandal) and Jason Nicholas (pre-WOIO). But I guess things worked out for Tera Blake since she’s now at a dominant WKRC instead of a weak WEWS...

And WEWS should have never ditched Macie Jepson for Jackie Fernandez (pre-ticket scandal).

KLAS-TV Las Vegas recently added a 9 pm newscast on subchannel 8.2 (MeTV), just an hour ahead of other prime-time news coverage on KVVU and KVCW.

Channel 8 used to have a 10pm news share-agreement when KTUD was still on the air as UPN Las Vegas.

• Like 2

And WEWS should have never ditched Macie Jepson for Jackie Fernandez (pre-ticket scandal).

Agreed. That’s when they decided to go for the Ohio City/hipster/club crowd with promos like this:

And going way back...I still think they made a HUGE mistake ditching Kimberly Gill. Cleveland (and Pittsburgh’s) loss is definitely Detroit’s gain. WEWS should’ve sent to Danita back to mornings in 2009 and put Kimberly in the main slot.

• Like 1

Agreed. That’s when they decided to go for the Ohio City/hipster/club crowd with promos like this:

And going way back...I still think they made a HUGE mistake ditching Kimberly Gill. Cleveland (and Pittsburgh’s) loss is definitely Detroit’s gain. WEWS should’ve sent to Danita back to mornings in 2009 and put Kimberly in the main slot.

In person Kimberly Gill seems friendly enough... but on air her stiffness really only works in some places and at some stations... she is a good replacement for who she replaced but that’s about all one can say about her...

In person Kimberly Gill seems friendly enough... but on air her stiffness really only works in some places and at some stations... she is a good replacement for who she replaced but that’s about all one can say about her...

She isn’t as stiff as Romona Robinson...who was pretty successful in Cleveland. Or Lorna Barrett, the face of a much-stronger WEWS in the 1990s.

But I do think Gill is doing well in Carmen Harlan’s seat at WDIV.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic