Out & About

TexasTVNews

I listen to WKXB/Jammin’ 99.9 and they expressed plans to be on the air with updates. If anything all the Sunrise stations may simulcast together, but I doubt they’ll just broadcast TV audio unless it becomes necessary.

That's good... I like the Jammin' crew and I know they'll do a great job keeping it local.

• Like 1

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/9/13/longtime-san-diego-anchor-is-killed

So sad to hear that KUSI's David Davis has passed. I remember watching him here on WISN.

I called the WISN Newsroom a moment ago, and one of the assignment editors told me that they'll be doing a tribute to David on the 11AM newscast

later today, as well as a full tribute on the early-evening newscasts.

I have some good news/bad news on changes in Texas=

Good news in Tyler, TX...KYTX CBS19 since Monday debuted the ONLY news at noon.

Bad news is tomorrow in Dallas and Houston...KDAF and KIAH, both CW affiliates are ending newscasts effective. (Feel bad for the staff)

• Like 2

Oh FFS. At least they added color to it, even if it’s putting lipstick on a pig.

07A71CD1-EED7-468C-AFB8-714789659DE6.jpeg.da484b5bbd8c2e80e906c318fd52efc7.jpeg

Longtime NBC News and WTVJ Miami reporter Ike Seamans has passed away after a long battle with prostate cancer. He was 80.

This man was GOOD. Really GOOD. I know because I watched him for years at WTVJ and was lucky enough to watch his craft with his amazing news voice. A stellar news reporter, excellent at best and legendary at the most. He will be missed.

https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/legendary-miami-reporter-ike-seamans-dies/207918

And as we all know, Ike was at the transmitter building when WTVJ moved from 4 to 6 on September 10, 1995:

WTEN's Elisa Streeter is retiring after 30 years, effective the end of 2018.

Her line about the "next chapter" makes me seriously think that she'll surface doing something or another at WNYT, probably special reports or what not similar to how John McLoughlin met his end. Perhaps after ~25 years we'll see the return of "Streeter's Lane"...

• Like 3

Area ABC affiliate blocks local media critic on Twitter.

[MEDIA=twitter]1040737930430607361[/MEDIA]

So strange how they and the Dallas Morning News treat him. It's almost as if the DMN thought he'd just dry up and blow away when they showed him the door years ago. The other DFW stations don't seem to mind Uncle Barky that much. And stupid, since he can get the information elsewhere that they think they are blocking from him.

It reminds me of hearing how Tracy Rowlett was excluded from the framed pictures of past/present on-air talent in the lobby of WFAA. Very parched-earth, very very sour grapes.

So strange how they and the Dallas Morning News treat him. It's almost as if the DMN thought he'd just dry up and blow away when they showed him the door years ago. The other DFW stations don't seem to mind Uncle Barky that much. And stupid, since he can get the information elsewhere that they think they are blocking from him.

It reminds me of hearing how Tracy Rowlett was excluded from the framed pictures of past/present on-air talent in the lobby of WFAA. Very parched-earth, very very sour grapes.

I only remember Rowlett from KTVT. One of the best. It's a shame how WFAA did him.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, down the dial..... 58 years ago today, Dallas' PBS station, KERA, signed on.

It wasn't until 1974 that they would be able to broadcast in color. But a first came along the following year, as KERA was the first US station to air an episode of the Brit-com Monty Python's Flying Circus. All the members of MP made an appearance during a 1975 pledge drive. KERA has been airing Brit-coms and dramas ever since.

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic