Out & About

TexasTVNews

So let me get this straight, USA Today posted a story about a Bartlesville man burning his house down, it was fake news and KJRH went with the story anyway, really?

KJRH, you have landed on the BANKRUPT for posting a Fake News story

• Like 2

So let me get this straight, USA Today posted a story about a Bartlesville man burning his house down, it was fake news and KJRH went with the story anyway, really?

KJRH, you have landed on the BANKRUPT for posting a Fake News story

Congrats KJRH. You've now realized why your in last place in Tulsa and frankly, maybe in all of Oklahoma (at least by putting OKC and Tulsa together).

• Like 3

Congrats KJRH. You've now realized why your in last place in Tulsa and frankly, maybe in all of Oklahoma (at least by putting OKC and Tulsa together).

And now KJRH feels what KOKI felt before Cox took over and things like this are NOT going to make your viewers happy AND it'll cause viewers to find new stations to get their news

So we all knows that the GMA's third hour begins one week from Monday. And I was curious to see what WFAA was going to do with the midday schedule. Will they keep the noon news and tape delay GMA Day, etc, etc.

So I looked at the guides, and it stated at 9/10 that WFAA will have its "Midday News" at 11am and GMA Day at noon. Yet I did not see any press release or any confirmation that Channel 8 was moving its midday show from noon to 11am.

But check this out, another ABC affil that air news at 12pm/CT, WBRZ in Baton Rouge, their guide says GMA Day at 11am and their local noon show is kept.

So I'm kind of puzzled. If the WBRZ new schedule sticks and ABC is giving the show an early window (doubtful), then why WFAA is giving in to the network and move its longtime noon show to 11am, should that schedule stick.

Okay. Follow-up. Someone uploaded this. This is from KETV. They're also will be airing GMA Day at 11am/CT on Monday.

[MEDIA=twitter]1036699244202262533[/MEDIA]

I know I said earlier it was doubtful, but now I wouldn't be all that surprise if the network supply an earlier 12pm/ET feed for these stations (WBRZ & sister station KRGV; along with KETV). And should that be the case, this would be the first time since Port Charles that the network supplied an earlier feed for one of their daytime shows.

• Like 3

Okay. Follow-up. Someone uploaded this. This is from KETV. They're also will be airing GMA Day at 11am/CT on Monday.

I know I said earlier it was doubtful, but now I wouldn't be all that surprise if the network supply an earlier 12pm/ET feed for these stations (WBRZ & sister station KRGV; along with KETV). And should that be the case, this would be the first time since Port Charles that the network supplied an earlier feed for one of their daytime shows.

I doubt if ABC does it, this Television season because if they did then there's no way WFAA moves their 12pm newscast to 11am

• Like 1

It appears KOTA Territory is undergoing either an identity crisis or is working to phase out their longtime brand. A new logo resurfaced on their website and social media, which adds "TV" to the existing brand, as "KOTA TV Territory".

KOTA-TVTerritoryLogoFlatWeb.png

They can't be any worse than any of the Sinclair stations in the state, right?

KTUL is Sinclair (as is KOKH). I remember as of a few years ago, KJRH was kind of on the rise while KTUL wasn't doing as well. Maybe Scripps has dragged KJRH down since then.

• Like 1

I'm appalled KETV didn't already have a midday newscast.

This post confirms it.....

[MEDIA=twitter]1039193129210011650[/MEDIA]

In the Gannett years, KOCO did a noon newscast. To be honest, It's about time they reentered the noon game. That and adding a 4pm show.

The noon newscast actually continued through the station's first ten years under Hearst. KOCO dropped it in January 2008, when it expanded its 5:00 p.m. newscast to Saturdays and its weekend morning newscasts to Sundays.

Chief meteorologist Marshall McPeek of WSYX opened his address to the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association conference in Palm Springs this weekend by welcoming "ladies, gentlemen, things and its". He wound up apologizing before the evening ended and resigning from the association. WSYX's general manager even had to come out and make a statement, in addition to one from the NLGJA.

• Like 4

Latest local ratings report after WFAA's first GMA Day airing, and midday news move to 11am:

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/f2b5f10d183240fce6f2b0bcb2e69c52-4270.html

1. Y&R; B&B (KTVT)

2. Noon news; TMZ (KDFW)

3. GMA Day (WFAA)

4. Days of Our Lives (KXAS)

The WFAA midday news at 11 was fourth, but the other 3 in the top 3 weren't listed, but were likely a mix of KXAS' midday news, KTVT's midday news and first 1/2 of Y&R, and Wendy in her relocated timeslot on KDFW.

• Like 1