Out & About

TexasTVNews

Am I reading this right?

WOIO is adding a 7:30pm show?

Well Jeopardy! is about to get the shaft. Scripps should have NEVER cheaped out on these shows.....

Unless it's WUAB getting the 7:30 show (in which case, say goodbye to the 10pm show, AGAIN!), then Jeopardy! Is going to either 3:30pm, 4:30pm, overnights, or WUAB.

This time of the year is a busy time for me when I do my blog and, if you allow me because this will be a list, this is how much expansions you can expect next month alone.

September 3rd:

• In Utah... KUTV forces to move its 7:00 a.m. to KJZZ while KUTV brings back 4:00 and 4:30 p.m.
  • In New Orleans... WDSU brings back its noon newscast and its an hour long (starts as a half-hour due to NBC Sports but will then be an hour-long the next day).
  • In Roanoke... WDBJ 7 will put more local news on its newest sister WZBJ 24 at 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

September 4th:

• In the DFW Metroplex... FOX 4 News - Good Day becomes a six-hour broadcast with a 9:00 a.m. hour.
  • In South Bend... WNDU NewsCenter 16 at 4:00 will make its debut to go against WSBT 22.

September 10th:

• In Houston... the recently announced ABC 13 Eyewitness News at 3:00 joins the lineup.
  • In Milwaukee... WISN 12 News Midday brings the station back to the midday news game for the first time in quite a while.
  • In Memphis... WMC Action News 5 Today will start at 4:00 a.m., the earliest in Memphis.
  • Also in New Orleans... FOX 8 News - The Morning Edition goes to 9:00 a.m. as well.
  • In Providence... WJAR 10 is going to 3:00 p.m. too. Questionable move at best.

September 17th:

• In Charlotte... probably not getting enough attention but FOX 46 News at 5:00 will arrive.
  • Announced today, WPMT 43 is adding another hour to its FOX 43 Morning News, this time at 9:00 a.m.
  • In Lafayette, Ind.... WPBY 35 and its Star City News will add an extra half-hour at 7:00 p.m.

Please allow this list post just to prove a point that September is a busy time for local television everywhere. Its usually not this busy in all other months of the year.

It is that time of the year. There is one other debut taking place on September 10.

In Knoxville...WATE 6 will be debuting a new lifestyle show at 3pm entitled Living East Tennessee hosted by Kelli Parker and Erin Barnett. The local show will be replacing Judge Judy at 3pm and Family Feud at 4pm.

It is that time of the year. There is one other debut taking place on September 10.

In Knoxville...WATE 6 will be debuting a new lifestyle show at 3pm entitled Living East Tennessee hosted by Kelli Parker and Erin Barnett. The local show will be replacing Judge Judy at 3pm and Family Feud at 4pm.

So WATE will be keeping the ad dollars in house from 3pm-6:30pm. Lifestyle show at 3pm then, 4, 5, 6PM News and Judy & Family Feud will still be on during 7pm hour. Doesn't WBIR have a lifestyle show and WVLT has a 4PM News? Very competitive in Knoxville. I was reading that the city population has expanded. I wonder if this market one day going to trump Memphis?

• Like 1

So WATE will be keeping the ad dollars in house from 3pm-6:30pm. Lifestyle show at 3pm then, 4, 5, 6PM News and Judy & Family Feud will still be on during 7pm hour. Doesn't WBIR have a lifestyle show and WVLT has a 4PM News? Very competitive in Knoxville. I was reading that the city population has expanded. I wonder if this market one day going to trump Memphis?

Tennessee in general is exploding. As a newly minted Nashville resident, I can attest to this by the rising prices for cost of living and rent. I believe Knoxville and Nashville are already overtaking Memphis in growth.

Tennessee in general is exploding. As a newly minted Nashville resident, I can attest to this by the rising prices for cost of living and rent. I believe Knoxville and Nashville are already overtaking Memphis in growth.

I know Nashville has the largest population and TV market (DMA 28) in the state, but Knoxville and Chattanooga are still well behind Memphis in terms of size (although Knoxville is currently 61st DMA-wise compared to Memphis, which is hovering around the 50s at the moment).

So we all knows that the GMA's third hour begins one week from Monday. And I was curious to see what WFAA was going to do with the midday schedule. Will they keep the noon news and tape delay GMA Day, etc, etc.

So I looked at the guides, and it stated at 9/10 that WFAA will have its "Midday News" at 11am and GMA Day at noon. Yet I did not see any press release or any confirmation that Channel 8 was moving its midday show from noon to 11am.

But check this out, another ABC affil that air news at 12pm/CT, WBRZ in Baton Rouge, their guide says GMA Day at 11am and their local noon show is kept.

So I'm kind of puzzled. If the WBRZ new schedule sticks and ABC is giving the show an early window (doubtful), then why WFAA is giving in to the network and move its longtime noon show to 11am, should that schedule stick.

• Like 1

So we all knows that the GMA's third hour begins one week from Monday. And I was curious to see what WFAA was going to do with the midday schedule. Will they keep the noon news and tape delay GMA Day, etc, etc.

So I looked at the guides, and it stated at 9/10 that WFAA will have its "Midday News" at 11am and GMA Day at noon. Yet I did not see any press release or any confirmation that Channel 8 was moving its midday show from noon to 11am.

But check this out, another ABC affil that air news at 12pm/CT, WBRZ in Baton Rouge, their guide says GMA Day at 11am and their local noon show is kept.

So I'm kind of puzzled. If the WBRZ new schedule sticks and ABC is giving the show an early window (doubtful), then why WFAA is giving in to the network and move its longtime noon show to 11am, should that schedule stick.

My guess is that ABC wants it's show to clear on time in the #5 market but doesn't give two sh*ts if WBRZ airs it out of pattern as long as it airs.

Edit: According to TitanTV, KSAT will DELAY GMA Day, just like The Chew, at 2PM!

WBAY is keeping their noon show and having GMA Day air at 2pm like they did The Chew. WBRZ, that just seems like some kind of listings error; more likely Wendy goes to 11am, then GMA Day at 2pm.

• Like 3

WBAY is keeping their noon show and having GMA Day air at 2pm like they did The Chew. WBRZ, that just seems like some kind of listings error; more likely Wendy goes to 11am, then GMA Day at 2pm.

Don’t forget KRDO, KVIA and KSAT too, they air noon newscasts and GMA Day at 2pm!

• Like 1

I just checked my Spectrum guide and it’s showing the Midday News at 11am, as well. I’ll wait for confirmation, though, from Uncle Barky or the station itself.

• Like 2

Two KXTV notes...Morning anchor Megan Telles, which moved off the Morning Blend this June to work on a new "show" on the station has exited the station via her instagram/facebook. Cristina Mendonsa..another KXTV exile has resurfaced on KFBK radio replacing vet Amy Lewis on the morning news program as of this week, she had been doing special reports. Indeed also shows a slew of openings at the station, including weekend AM anchor.

Here today Friday, August 31st, 2018 from newsblues.com about Dispatch Printing Co....Take it however you want it...just sharing-

Our sources tell us that Dispatch Broadcast Group, owner of WBNS in Columbus, OH and WTHR in Indianapolis is preparing to extend early retirement offers to several employees in September.

Dispatch, a family-owned company forever, also owns radio stations and cable outlets in Ohio.

She’s freelance I thought?

i'm no so sure of it. I know she does a tad bit of acting from time to time

Still that isn't an ''Excuse'' from jumping from news station to news station

Meteorologist Markina Brown is an actress herself (She recently just got booked for a Tyler Perry film)

And she sin't jumping from station to station, shes found her footing at CBS LA

Strong storms knocked KLKN in Lincoln off the air for several hours last night. The transmitter was eventually able to broadcast late last night before being knocked off air again sometime around 7 this morning. They're back up now.

That was the same storms that also postponed the Akron-Nebraska Football game as well, have they announced when they're going to play that game?

That was the same storms that also postponed the Akron-Nebraska Football game as well, have they announced when they're going to play that game?

They say its canceled so it may not be rescheduled.

The game is canceled unless one of the teams need the game to become bowl eligible, in which case they'll play it in December.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2018/09/flash-415-media-exclusive-neda-iranpour.html?m=1

Well that didn’t last long. Neda Iranpour out at KPIX.

This leaves only Paul Deanno as the Chief Meterologist and only weather person left.

Brian Hackney does Anchoring and Weather on the weekends and taped reports for Sunday Morning.

Consumer Reporter Julie Watts does Anchoring and Weather Saturday Morning.

Reporters Emily Turner and Mary Lee fill in as well.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2018/09/flash-415-media-exclusive-neda-iranpour.html?m=1

Well that didn’t last long. Neda Iranpour out at KPIX.

This leaves only Paul Deanno as the Chief Meterologist and only weather person left.

Brian Hackney does Anchoring and Weather on the weekends and taped reports for Sunday Morning.

Consumer Reporter Julie Watts does Anchoring and Weather Saturday Morning.

Reporters Emily Turner and Mary Lee fill in as well.

Is Neda going to replace Hoda?

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/today-show.13391/page-55#post-218161

A couple of closings tonight.

The deals of WSST to Marquee Broadcasting and the WLAX to Northwest Broadcasting, were closed last Friday (8/31).

Marquee is in the process of getting Gray's WSWG, one of spinoffs of the Raycom merger.

I checked the WLAX link and it's KLAX, the ABC station out of Alexandria, LA, that was sold to Northwest Broadcasting.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic