Out & About

TexasTVNews

Jeopardy! Should of been moved to 3:30PM and a great lead-in to 4PM news. Inside Edition would be better at 1pm instead of Jeopardy! IMO-

Inside Edition does its thing live at 3pm ET/2pm CT so unfortunately, Jeopardy! is the one who's moving.

• Like 1

From Mayra, The 3pm show will be a half hour. J! is moving to 1pm. Millonaire at 1:30. IE stays at 3:30pm.

[MEDIA=twitter]1034193024790814721[/MEDIA]

** COUGH ** Election Season ** COUGH **

Seriously, nobody mentioned that in the last page and a half... it’s an ad grab and nothing more...

• Like 2

** COUGH ** Election Season ** COUGH **

Seriously, nobody mentioned that in the last page and a half... it’s an ad grab and nothing more...

That's why WOIO/WUAB are adding newscasts at 9am and 7:30pm. It's a smart way to get some of that Ohio campaign money.

Looking at TV listings for 9/10, it appears the 3:00 news bug has hit Providence. WJAR is the one taking the dive there, an interesting thing for two reasons.

1: Providence has nobody doing news at 4:00.

2: This 3:00 newscast will be only a half hour. Filling the hole between it and Ellen is...an infomercial.

Even for a Sinclair station this seems extra lazy. Why not follow the lead of WCVB, WVIT, WNBC, WMTW, and assorted others and do Ellen at 3 with news at 4?

• Like 1

Looking at TV listings for 9/10, it appears the 3:00 news bug has hit Providence. WJAR is the one taking the dive there, an interesting thing for two reasons.

1: Providence has nobody doing news at 4:00.

2: This 3:00 newscast will be only a half hour. Filling the hole between it and Ellen is...an infomercial.

Even for a Sinclair station this seems extra lazy. Why not follow the lead of WCVB, WVIT, WNBC, WMTW, and assorted others and do Ellen at 3 with news at 4?

Exactly. Very lazy. KTAL and KSLA do that too, showing infomercials after Newscasts. Is it that much to either show an hour of news (or in KTAL's case, a local Newscast after Arkansas Today) or buy half hours of syndicated shows?

Exactly. Very lazy. KTAL and KSLA do that too, showing infomercials after Newscasts. Is it that much to either show an hour of news (or in KTAL's case, a local Newscast after Arkansas Today) or buy half hours of syndicated shows?

To add insult to injury, WJAR airs an infomercial between their 12:00 news and Days of Our Lives. Seriously, if it wasn't for WVNY airing an hour of infomercials before The View and airing four Judge Judy episodes in a row I would probably name WJAR the laziest non-Springfield station in all of New England.

To add insult to injury, WJAR airs an infomercial between their 12:00 news and Days of Our Lives.

That's KTAL exactly.

airing four Judge Judy episodes in a row

And this was also KTAL before the purchase of KSHV three years ago. Now, KSHV airs two reruns of Judy at 5 and 6pm, with Texarkana First News airing at 5:30 and 6:30, although they're moving the repeats of Judy to Noon and 12:30 pm to replace CWD. I know it's a Nexstar station but most Nexstar stations aren't that lazy. KTAL could do a 12:30 newscast leading out of Arkansas Today to lead into Days of Our Lives. It wouldn't have any competition as KTBS does theirs at 11am and KSLA's is only 30 minutes from Noon to 12:30 for obvious reasons.

This time of the year is a busy time for me when I do my blog and, if you allow me because this will be a list, this is how much expansions you can expect next month alone.

September 3rd:

• In Utah... KUTV forces to move its 7:00 a.m. to KJZZ while KUTV brings back 4:00 and 4:30 p.m.
  • In New Orleans... WDSU brings back its noon newscast and its an hour long (starts as a half-hour due to NBC Sports but will then be an hour-long the next day).
  • In Roanoke... WDBJ 7 will put more local news on its newest sister WZBJ 24 at 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

September 4th:

• In the DFW Metroplex... FOX 4 News - Good Day becomes a six-hour broadcast with a 9:00 a.m. hour.
  • In South Bend... WNDU NewsCenter 16 at 4:00 will make its debut to go against WSBT 22.

September 10th:

• In Houston... the recently announced ABC 13 Eyewitness News at 3:00 joins the lineup.
  • In Milwaukee... WISN 12 News Midday brings the station back to the midday news game for the first time in quite a while.
  • In Memphis... WMC Action News 5 Today will start at 4:00 a.m., the earliest in Memphis.
  • Also in New Orleans... FOX 8 News - The Morning Edition goes to 9:00 a.m. as well.
  • In Providence... WJAR 10 is going to 3:00 p.m. too. Questionable move at best.

September 17th:

• In Charlotte... probably not getting enough attention but FOX 46 News at 5:00 will arrive.
  • Announced today, WPMT 43 is adding another hour to its FOX 43 Morning News, this time at 9:00 a.m.
  • In Lafayette, Ind.... WPBY 35 and its Star City News will add an extra half-hour at 7:00 p.m.

Please allow this list post just to prove a point that September is a busy time for local television everywhere. Its usually not this busy in all other months of the year.

• Like 1

This time of the year is a busy time for me when I do my blog and, if you allow me because this will be a list, this is how much expansions you can expect next month alone.

September 4th:

• In the DFW Metroplex... FOX 4 News - Good Day becomes a six-hour broadcast with a 9:00 a.m. hour.

So far, no one (KXAS, WFAA, KTVT) has announced any plans to expand their morning shows to 4am; they all seem content for now, starting at 4:30am. I know why, but IMO, a 6-hour morning show is just overkill, really.

• Like 4

So far, no one (KXAS, WFAA, KTVT) has announced any plans to expand their morning shows to 4am; they all seem content for now, starting at 4:30am. I know why, but IMO, a 6-hour morning show is just overkill, really.

But popular with most (if not all) FOX O&O stations.

KGO anchor Natasha Zouves will be out til December after suffering a slip and fall at the station on some shampoo that was on the set floor. Which begs the question what was shampoo doing in the studio?

I hope she gets better soon. I wonder what happened a sever concussion or a cracked skull?

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/8/29/slip-and-fall

KGO anchor Natasha Zouves will be out til December after suffering a slip and fall at the station on some shampoo that was on the set floor. Which begs the question what was shampoo doing in the studio?

I hope she gets better soon. I wonder what happened a sever concussion or a cracked skull?

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/8/29/slip-and-fall

Hair stylists gone wild no doubt...

Its sometimes good to ask questions when you see something out of curiosity or something that may look off. So I did some fact checking after noticing something from a certain television station's wiki article because I didn't see any announcement made about this. So all I did was go on Facebook, go on this certain TV station's page and ask the question and long behold, I got my answer. Here's what I'm talking about...

KOLO 8 in Reno is stealing The CW away from KRNS 46. It starts this Saturday morning at 4:00 a.m. PDT on KOLO 8.3 (Me-TV is on 8.2), Charter 12 and 695 and DirecTV 9. No word as to what KRNS will replace The CW with. Could be UniMas but it could also be another network. Also, no word if KOLO will add any local news on The CW subchannel. (And yes, that's me asking that.)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155399568491503