Out & About

TexasTVNews

News Director out at KDKA-TV. This is the second staff member to leave the station since the July arrival of new vice-president and General Manager Jay Howell.

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2018/08/20/KDKA-TV-news-director-Anne-Linaberger-exits-Pittsburgh/stories/201808200141

That leaves how many open ND and GM positions at the CBS O&Os? Something's going on.

KOTV has already moved their 8am hour to their sister station Tulsa CW.

Yeah but, I'm afraid to say that CBS will do the same to KOTV that they did to KUTV (and then watch as viewers abandon KOTV for KOKI)

Even though KOTV has dominated TV News in Tulsa for 17 years but, all it'll take for that dominance to end is by CBS forcing KOTV to air CBS This Morning in pattern

• Like 2

Yeah but, I'm afraid to say that CBS will do the same to KOTV that they did to KUTV (and then watch as viewers abandon KOTV for KOKI)

Even though KOTV has dominated TV News in Tulsa for 17 years but, all it'll take for that dominance to end is by CBS forcing KOTV to air CBS This Morning in pattern

I’m sure they’ll continue to dominate the airwaves in Tulsa for years to come. A single newscast time change won’t affect that at all.

Then again, KOTV still clears all of CTM, just from 8-10am. Ditto for WFMY. And CBS hasn’t complained about either station, so who knows.

I’m sure they’ll continue to dominate the airwaves in Tulsa for years to come. A single newscast time change won’t affect that at all.

Then again, KOTV still clears all of CTM, just from 8-10am. Ditto for WFMY. And CBS hasn’t complained about either station, so who knows.

Well CBS complained about KUTV not airing CBS TM in pattern so it would not surprise me if CBS have done the same about KOTV and WFMY

At least KUTV, KOTV, and WWL have duopoly partners to continue a post-7am newscast. What about WFMY? AFAIK, they still run The Good Morning Show until 8am and WFMY has no duopoly partner to move the 7am hour.

• Like 3

Well CBS complained about KUTV not airing CBS TM in pattern so it would not surprise me if CBS have done the same about KOTV and WFMY

I think CBS complained because just now, they realize the second hour of CBS-TM airs on a MyNetworkTV affiliate, not a CBS affiliate. This is why they wanted to get rid of that 7am local news hour so they can air it in pattern from 7-9am.

This is also why they complained to WWL about it since CBS-TM aired on another MyNetworkTV affiliate, WUPL (this time though, in its entirety).

At least KUTV, KOTV, and WWL have duopoly partners to continue a post-7am newscast. What about WFMY? AFAIK, they still run The Good Morning Show until 8am and WFMY has no duopoly partner to move the 7am hour.

Sorry to double post but...

Yeah this is true. WFMY is all alone in that market. They're stuck in this position because I know they're not going to put the 7am hour of its WeatherNation subchannel or anywhere else because its not as widely available as WFMY 2.1

But as long as KOTV and WFMY continue to air CBS-TM from 8-10am so that both have a 7am hour that they want air, then expect to hear no complaints at all from CBS anytime soon. And if KUTV did air it from 8-10am, then they wouldn't be in this spot in the first place.

I think CBS complained because just now, they realize the second hour of CBS-TM airs on a MyNetworkTV affiliate, not a CBS affiliate. This is why they wanted to get rid of that 7am local news hour so they can air it in pattern from 7-9am.

This is also why they complained to WWL about it since CBS-TM aired on another MyNetworkTV affiliate, WUPL (this time though, in its entirety).

So, in other words, CBS doesn't like CBS TM airing on a junior partner of a duopoly partner (unless it's the Saturday edition of CBS TM) right?

• Like 5

ABC O&O KTRK in Houston is adding a 3pm newscast, debuting on Monday Sept. 10.

[MEDIA=twitter]1033732022894780416[/MEDIA]

Do they really need a news at 3pm? This is starting to be a trend...Is this an hourlong or half hour? Someone raised the question about Jeopardy? This should be more of a Lifestyle show?

• Like 5

Do they really need a news at 3pm? This is starting to be a trend...Is this an hourlong or half hour? Someone raised the question about Jeopardy? This should be more of a Lifestyle show?

3pm news?!? At this rate, Houston (and likely DFW eventually) won't have to wait much longer for a 24-hour or all-day local news source.

I know change is inevitable but I really miss Channel 13 of the old days when I was younger. Seems like the last few years have seen questionable decision after questionable decision but maybe data is showing something different.

To their credit I will say Mayra and Chauncy are a really strong weekend AM crew.

• Like 4

Do they really need a separate team for a likely half hour show? Couldn’t they have used two of the existing 5 anchors? I wonder what’s getting jettisoned to overnights, RTM, Millionaire, Jeopardy, or IE?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic