Out & About

TexasTVNews

^^^ Another Hearst station is going midday. WISN 12 is bringing back its midday broadcast.

On September 10, WISN will launch an hourly-11am newscast. That would lead up to the new GMA's third hour program at 12pm.

I remember years ago when WISN had a noon broadcast, when did they drop it?

I would not be surprised if other Hearst stations affiliated with ABC do the same (KMBC, KETV, KHBS/KHOG and KOAT come to mind, while KOCO could simply just slide over the 9am newscast to 11am)

I'm hearing rumors, new rumors out tonight, that WFMJ may FINALLY get into the 21st century themselves by launching a 5:00 p.m. newscast. No official word on that yet (or even if its just a half-hour or a full-hour) but if it does happen, you heard it here first on TVNT.

He'll has finally frozen over! Now which syndie show is WFMJ sending to either its CW subchannel or Nexstar?

He'll has finally frozen over! Now which syndie show is WFMJ sending to either its CW subchannel or Nexstar?

I believe Hot Bench will move to WBCB or Nexstar27/33. Ellen will move to 3 and Dr.Pill will stay on at 4. I don't see Today's WFMJ dropping Live or Judge Judy.

• Like 1

Ellen Moves to 3PM on KXTV this fall. i think this might be another station to add 4PM News which KCRA and KOVR is already doing and this would mean that this would come on the same time as the show's flagship station KNBC.

• Like 2

Brian West of KPNX was arrested. He always seemed to have the fun morning stories. The station shared his social media on Instagram so I followed him. Anyway the past day or rework he or a friend were turning thirty and they were partying. I bet it was related to that.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/8/10/sobbing-tegna-reporter-busted-by-cops

I believe Hot Bench will move to WBCB or Nexstar27/33. Ellen will move to 3 and Dr.Pill will stay on at 4. I don't see Today's WFMJ dropping Live or Judge Judy.

I've also heard... also heard... still RUMORS, that WFMJ was about to expire its contract with Ellen last year and was willing to do it then. But right before the TV season started, they renewed it. If they didn't, WKBN was about to take it.

Connections give me powerful info sometimes.

• Like 2

I've also heard... also heard... still RUMORS, that WFMJ was about to expire its contract with Ellen last year and was willing to do it then. But right before the TV season started, they renewed it. If they didn't, WKBN was about to take it.

Connections give me powerful info sometimes.

You have to wonder how Vindicator/WFMJ is staying in it these days....GateHouse has been buying up anything that moves in Ohio (including the Columbus Dispatch, Akron Beacon Journal, and the former Dix properties centered around Northeast Ohio).

It's probably the perfect combination of well-capitalized ownership in a declining city that few companies would be interested in purchasing.

You have to wonder how Vindicator/WFMJ is staying in it these days....GateHouse has been buying up anything that moves in Ohio (including the Columbus Dispatch, Akron Beacon Journal, and the former Dix properties centered around Northeast Ohio).

It's probably the perfect combination of well-capitalized ownership in a declining city that few companies would be interested in purchasing.

Chalk it up to WFMJ being a massive revenue stream in Youngstown. IDK if it's still true but WFMJ would outrank WKBN and WYTV COMBINED at 6pm thanks to having Oprah as a lead out. Better syndication and local ownership has helped WFMJ maintain dominance over WKBN and "27's bitch".

• Like 1

Chalk it up to WFMJ being a massive revenue stream in Youngstown. IDK if it's still true but WFMJ would outrank WKBN and WYTV COMBINED at 6pm thanks to having Oprah as a lead out. Better syndication and local ownership has helped WFMJ maintain dominance over WKBN and "27's bitch".

WKBN slipped when they cashed out to outside interests, and absorbing WYTV probably hasn't helped matters too much. Probably the most fatal error was when they let Bob Black go, and he helmed WFMJ's newscasts for the next 15 or so years....

I'm guessing Mark Wright will be back at anchoring at 7, 10 & 11pm even though he anchors at 5 & 6pm as well.

Mark Wright went back to anchoring the 11 PM back in April when Take 5 launched. Greg Copeland has been anchoring 7,9 & 10 with Amanda Grace.

• Like 1

seems like he was the epitome of the new Tegna mindset...bring in a cheap thirtysomething no one's ever heard of but is good at Facebook and Twitter to replace a vet. What happened?

Contract probably wasn't renewed. He stunk as an anchor so not surprised.

Steve Edwards, Dorothy Lucey and Jillian Barberie. When you think of those three names, what comes to mind? Well, they're reuniting but NOT what you think. They're co-hosting a podcast called 'OK LA, as we were saying', a litte takeoff of GDLA even with inspired logo, thru 790KABC where jillian co-host 'The Drive' in the afternoon. Started a few weeks ago.

http://www.kabc.com/okla-2/

• Like 1

Some well deserved honors for former ABC33/40 anchor Dave Baird was inducted into the Alabama Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10156642193790842

A great honor indeed for the recently retired Baird, and the soon-to-be retired Bob Grip, who will be stepping down sometime next year at WALA.

I believe Byron Day is going to be his replacement, as he has assumed anchoring the 5 and 10pm shows so far...

Per is Facebook page, WCMH sports director Jerod Smalley suffered a small stroke at home early Friday morning. An MRI revealed no permanent damage. A previously undiscovered heart defect contributed to the episode for the otherwise healthy 39-year-old. He his home after a two-day hospital stay, and will have surgery to correct the defect. No word if/when he will return to work.

A great honor indeed for the recently retired Baird, and the soon-to-be retired Bob Grip, who will be stepping down sometime next year at WALA.

I believe Byron Day is going to be his replacement, as he has assumed anchoring the 5 and 10pm shows so far...

I haven't seen Byron Day in years since his days at WHBQ, so I was surprised to see him pop up over at WALA-TV recently.

• Like 1

They would still have political money galore...it is Ohio, after all...

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic