Out & About

TexasTVNews

Even by WKYC bringing Leon Bibb back, the TEGNA-zation kind of weirds me out, seeing as how WKYC has, for the most part, been unscathed by corporate mandates. It actually makes WEWS just a tad more watchable, even though that station is a shadow of its former self.

I can't wait to see what Gray does to 19.... they'll probably just make it even more mediocre than it is now....

• Like 2

Apprently Tracye Hutchins and Shon Gables swapping time slots at WGCL

is just an ''Experiment''

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/shon-gables-tracye-hutchins-swapping-anchor-spots-cbs46/XNAkobswMSBdGzkJSUzErI/

It figures...

It's August.

That's what stations do in August...they twiddle with anchors, and the slots because of vacations or whatever.

Reporters will anchor...fish will walk upright.

It's only August.

• Like 1

WMBF is celebrating a decade of existence. Happy 10th Anniversary.

My hometown market! I wish that Raycom would give them a new set (Wishful thinking). Mind you 10 years ago this was one of the best sets out rivaling WBTW. This station change the whole market by now all three stations have co anchors for the morning news and for early evening newscast (WBTW went solo anchor for a few years after Martha Hunn left at 5 in 2010). For years it was a sole anchor and a weather person but now all stations have 4 dedicated people for the morning show. As already mentioned they were the first station in HD for a couple of years. This station definitely made the market more competitive and that alone they have a lot to be proud of. Here’s to many more!

• Like 2

My hometown market! I wish that Raycom would give them a new set (Wishful thinking). Mind you 10 years ago this was one of the best sets out rivaling WBTW. This station change the whole market by now all three stations have co anchors for the morning news and for early evening newscast (WBTW went solo anchor for a few years after Martha Hunn left at 5 in 2010). For years it was a sole anchor and a weather person but now all stations have 4 dedicated people for the morning show. As already mentioned they were the first station in HD for a couple of years. This station definitely made the market more competitive and that alone they have a lot to be proud of. Here’s to many more!

Not to mention... its still the only place for local news at 4:00 and 4:30 and was the only home for local news at 5:30 for a number of years until WPDE added 5pm news in 2015.

• Like 2

WMBF is celebrating a decade of existence. Happy 10th Anniversary.

First in HD

First full-time NBC

First broadcast in time for the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Happy birthday, W Myrtle Beach Florence!

Not to mention... its still the only place for local news at 4:00 and 4:30 and was the only home for local news at 5:30 for a number of years until WPDE added 5pm news in 2015.

It's sad that I remember when they were "building" the station and the GM at the time was asking people to submit their suggestions on what they would like to see. I remember when they first launched. Can't believe it's been 10 years. I'm getting old. :/

It's sad that I remember when they were "building" the station and the GM at the time was asking people to submit their suggestions on what they would like to see. I remember when they first launched. Can't believe it's been 10 years. I'm getting old. :/

We all are getting old, I'll be 20 in December. Man that's pretty old

• Like 1

We all are getting old, I'll be 20 in December. Man that's pretty old

Haha I wish I were 20 again. I'm rapidly approaching 30 and I'm terrified.

It figures...

It's August.

That's what stations do in August...they twiddle with anchors, and the slots because of vacations or whatever.

Reporters will anchor...fish will walk upright.

It's only August.

*Shrugs shoulders*

As long as WGCL starts ''experimenting'' with Bobeth Yates being the new meteorologist

I'm fine with it.

Bobeth Yates during her tenured at ABC7 as a meteorologist.

[MEDIA=vimeo]226400128[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Folks, I had a brief chat with Jason Wheeler last night about being the soon-to-be John McCaa's successor. And this is what he told me via Facebook.

"Thanks---but I'm sure they have a whole list of other candidates they are considering. Whoever it is will have some big shoes to fill."

They may have a list of candidates, but I know who's getting the big seat... It's Jason.

• Like 1

Folks, I had a brief chat with Jason Wheeler last night about being the soon-to-be John McCaa's successor. And this is what he told me via Facebook.

"Thanks---but I'm sure they have a whole list of other candidates they are considering. Whoever it is will have some big shoes to fill."

They may have a list of candidates, but I know who's getting the big seat... It's Jason.

Wow, not pompous or full of himself at all. Sounds like Jason is really down to earth. He would be deserving of the chair (if they let him sit ;) ); at least he wouldn't be one of the new crop of no-name who's-that talking heads that are coming along at some stations.....:rolleyes::cool:

• Like 2

Well I'll be damned.

This is what news COULD look like on WUPA in Atlanta. It's unclear if these videos are just online only and only to help add video content to WUPA's digital platforms, or if this is actually a test pilot for eventual on-air newscasts. I found this news piece that says it was produced from KTVT in Dallas/Fort Worth and has the Atlanta's CW 69 logo on it and some janky green lower 3rds that may have once been the O&O style but were butchered severely. The virtual set leaves a lot to be desired as well.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=93075&siteSection=inform_oembed&videoId=34015744

Well I'll be damned.

This is what news COULD look like on WUPA in Atlanta. It's unclear if these videos are just online only and only to help add video content to WUPA's digital platforms, or if this is actually a test pilot for eventual on-air newscasts. I found this news piece that says it was produced from KTVT in Dallas/Fort Worth and has the Atlanta's CW 69 logo on it and some janky green lower 3rds that may have once been the O&O style but were butchered severely. The virtual set leaves a lot to be desired as well.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=93075&siteSection=inform_oembed&videoId=34015744

Man, that just looks like something straight from those fake medical news websites that randomly pop up trying to sell ya random medicines..

• Like 1

*Shrugs shoulders*

As long as WGCL starts ''experimenting'' with Bobeth Yates being the new meteorologist

I'm fine with it.

Bobeth Yates during her tenured at ABC7 as a meteorologist.

[MEDIA=vimeo]226400128[/MEDIA]

Well if you like the "experiment" then be sure to let the station ND know. They love the feedback from loyal viewers.

It actually might make a difference.

• Like 1

Well I'll be damned.

I doubt CW would want to stick their toes into news market again

they've tried it over a decade ago and failed.

WUPA back when it was UPN 69 Atlanta

the news cast was produced by WXIA

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic