Out & About

TexasTVNews

Better yet, "24/7", then "Evening Report" (keep 'on your side' confined to consumer/enterprise reporting like it was intended). The entire thing is a word salad and you've got the circle 7 highlighted enough where that just stands alone.

I thought it should of been called 24/7 Newschannel. That would of been my idea.

• Like 2

He anchored at KDFW for many years, did Evans retire from KDFW before or after the switch to Fox?

Evans retired in 1993 so it was beforehand. I didn't realize he'd been at Ch.4 that long. Sad to lose someone like him, but he had a long career, and retired on his own terms (especially without someone higher up telling him he's too old/long in the the tooth/overpaid, like what is likely happening now).

• Like 3

Local 10 News @ 3pm debuts sometime next Month.

Jenise Fernandez & Kristi Krueger

1f6a8.pngBREAKING NEWS1f6a8.png

I am so excited to share with you all that Local 10 News will be adding a 3pm newscast starting in August! I will be anchoring alongside my current co-anchor/friend Kristi Krueger. We are so thrilled to be the first station in the market to bring you the news at this time slot. It’ll be an exciting challenge and we hope you will tune in! On a personal note, this is truly the DREAM job and I feel so incredibly thankful to do what I love. Thank you for trusting us with the news that matters to you! #local10 #3pmnews #anchorlife#tvnews #dreamjob #hometownstation

37646433_1926119297452295_1040077217498923008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=07d177e5edab11490ee3b188a368a93a&oe=5BCE2B16

....At 3. p. m. Why though? o_O

• Like 2

Local 10 News @ 3pm debuts sometime next Month.

Jenise Fernandez & Kristi Krueger

1f6a8.pngBREAKING NEWS1f6a8.png

I am so excited to share with you all that Local 10 News will be adding a 3pm newscast starting in August! I will be anchoring alongside my current co-anchor/friend Kristi Krueger. We are so thrilled to be the first station in the market to bring you the news at this time slot. It’ll be an exciting challenge and we hope you will tune in! On a personal note, this is truly the DREAM job and I feel so incredibly thankful to do what I love. Thank you for trusting us with the news that matters to you! #local10 #3pmnews #anchorlife#tvnews #dreamjob #hometownstation

37646433_1926119297452295_1040077217498923008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=07d177e5edab11490ee3b188a368a93a&oe=5BCE2B16

Any source for this info? I'm only seeing it here and not anywhere else.

• Like 2

....At 3. p. m. Why though? o_O

Looking at WPLG’s schedule (via TitanTV), « Dr. Oz » currently runs there, so my guess is the show is moving to a new station in the Miami market, either due to low ratings for WPLG or maybe contractual/monetary issues....

• Like 2

KRCR in Redding, CA was briefly evacuated last evening due to the wildfire they were in the middle of covering.

[MEDIA=twitter]1022866131898511361[/MEDIA]

Have KRCR returned to their Redding facility? I know for awhile they had to use their satellite station in Eureka (which is 4 hours from Redding) to cover the fire

Have KRCR returned to their Redding facility? I know for awhile they had to use their satellite station in Eureka (which is 4 hours from Redding) to cover the fire

When I awoke this morning, I saw that they had returned to their own facility.

Additionally, KHSL-TV took their Redding translator, KHSL-LD 36, off the air because of the fire. It returned (I think) a few hours later.

• Like 1

Speaking of KSTP, I don’t know if anyone posted this, but former WTEN meteorologist Greg Pollak recently joined KSTP’s sister station WNYT. Guessing Craig Flint didn’t like Albany...

Also WNYT has updated their first warning weather app to feature the new logo, and the very stiff portrait shots they took for the talent bumps have been added as well...

• Like 3

WRAL morning/noon co-anchor Jeff Hogan is in a Wilmington NC-area hospital recovering from serious injuries he recieved while body surfing at Wrightsville Beach.

Hogan recently joined WRAL from WBNS to replace Bill Leslie who recently retired.

https://www.wral.com/wral-anchor-injured-in-beach-mishap/17733142/

• Like 2

WRAL morning/noon co-anchor Jeff Hogan is in a Wilmington NC-area hospital recovering from serious injuries he recieved while body surfing at Wrightsville Beach.

Hogan recently joined WRAL from WBNS to replace Bill Leslie who recently retired.

https://www.wral.com/wral-anchor-injured-in-beach-mishap/17733142/

WBNS was classy enough to acknowledge his accident and an update on his condition on their Facebook page.

• Like 1

History will be made in Buffalo next month on WGRZ: TWO women will split the duties on the weekday evening newscasts! Maria Genero will do early evenings (5 to 6:30pm) while Heather Waldman will do the 10pm (on WUTV) and 11pm newscasts. They'll replace Kevin O'Connell who left the station earlier this month. Good for them!

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/7/26/its-ladies-night

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/25/wgrzs-genero-waldman-to-make-local-tv-history-after-oconnells-departure/

• Like 1

History will be made in Buffalo next month on WGRZ: TWO women will split the duties on the weekday evening newscasts! Maria Genero will do early evenings (5 to 6:30pm) while Heather Waldman will do the 10pm (on WUTV) and 11pm newscasts. They'll replace Kevin O'Connell who left the station earlier this month. Good for them!

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/7/26/its-ladies-night

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/25/wgrzs-genero-waldman-to-make-local-tv-history-after-oconnells-departure/

Why history? Many stations across the country from DMA 1 and down have female chief meterologists, some for many many years.

• Like 2

I think the historic part is by having two female meteorologists as the evening weather lineup. Lots of stations have at least one, but I'm struggling to think of any that have two.

I don't think KNXV has a male meteorologist on on weekdays at all (Iris Hermosillo in the morning and Amber Sullins for the evening shows). They do have John Patrick on weekends.

KPNX has Lindsay Riley, who joined from WTTV earlier in the year, on its evening newscasts, and Krystle Henderson is also on their staff. But James Quiñones presents the weather in the morning.

KSAZ has Kristy Siefkin presenting its evening weather and Stephanie Olmo on weekends, but Cory McCloskey in the morning. Worth noting, I think they may be the largest market station in the country without a certified meteorologist.

KTVK/KPHO has five mets (three men, two women) and one female weather anchor.

I think the historic part is by having two female meteorologists as the evening weather lineup. Lots of stations have at least one, but I'm struggling to think of any that have two.

I think most stations here in San Diego have predominantly females doing weather.

• Like 3

I don't think KNXV has a male meteorologist on on weekdays at all (Iris Hermosillo in the morning and Amber Sullins for the evening shows). They do have John Patrick on weekends.

KPNX has Lindsay Riley, who joined from WTTV earlier in the year, on its evening newscasts, and Krystle Henderson is also on their staff. But James Quiñones presents the weather in the morning.

KSAZ has Kristy Siefkin presenting its evening weather and Stephanie Olmo on weekends, but Cory McCloskey in the morning. Worth noting, I think they may be the largest market station in the country without a certified meteorologist.

KTVK/KPHO has five mets (three men, two women) and one female weather anchor.

What I find interesting about KNXV is that their weekend morning anchors, Nohelani Graf and Alison Rodriguez also do the weather for the show. Usually, they alternate doing the weather while they both anchor.

I think that Philadelphia (my home market) is the only market (if not one of the only markets) where all four chief meteorologists are women. There's Tammie Souza on NBC 10, Kathy Orr on FOX 29, Kate Bilo on CBS 3, and the one and only Cecily Tynan on 6 ABC.

• Like 6

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic