Out & About

TexasTVNews

I swear...

3/4ths of all the millennials will be unemployable by age 40... based on previous social media postings.

Live by facebook and twitter...

Die by facebook and twitter...

This is why we all gotta watch what we say and post on Social Media because it can come back and bite your ass later on down the road

• Like 5

This is why we all gotta watch what we say and post on Social Media because it can come back and bite your ass later on down the road

Apparently, look at James Gunn. Disney just iced him from any involvement in the next Guardians of the Galaxy sequel for jokes about paedophilia and rape he made in the past.

Although in that case, that was an alt-right trolling revenge attack led by Mike Cernovich, the same guy who got Sam Seder briefly fired as an MSNBC commentator for some of his past tweets before the backlash resulted in NBCUniversal researching Cernovich (which Disney didn't in the Gunn case) and realized he wasn't very credible, and in both cases was so-called "revenge" against Trump critics. In this and other cases, Cernovich did it to silence people who criticize his ideology. A debate over Gunn's misfired attempt at edgy humor can be made, but the way it came out and who brought it to the surface was more of an attempt to chill free speech.

West's issue was more of a failure to realize that improper conduct occurring during worktime, even if it doesn't involve another employee, can backfire.

• Like 6

Apparently, look at James Gunn. Disney just iced him from any involvement in the next Guardians of the Galaxy sequel for jokes about paedophilia and rape he made in the past.

Although in that case, that was an alt-right trolling revenge attack led by Mike Cernovich, the same guy who got Sam Seder briefly fired as an MSNBC commentator for some of his past tweets before the backlash resulted in NBCUniversal researching Cernovich (which Disney didn't in the Gunn case) and realized he wasn't very credible, and in both cases was so-called "revenge" against Trump critics.

Consider it revenge for Rosanne.

WITN's original facilities in Chocowinty NC will be demolished this week. They operated from that building from their sign on in September 1955 until June 2013 when they moved full-time into their Greenville facilities

http://www.witn.com/content/news/WITNs-original-building-being-demolished-by-current-owner-488399631.html

Saw near the end of the article that they salvaged some vintage signs. Hopefully someone made sure to hang onto this one.

A 1970s NBC relic

• Like 1

Saw near the end of the article that they salvaged some vintage signs. Hopefully someone made sure to hang onto this one.

A 1970s NBC relic

That one has actually been at the transmitter for several years. They saved the larger one (still with red and blue N) that was on the building itself.

• Like 1

WITN's original facilities in Chocowinty NC will be demolished this week. They operated from that building from their sign on in September 1955 until June 2013 when they moved full-time into their Greenville facilities

http://www.witn.com/content/news/WITNs-original-building-being-demolished-by-current-owner-488399631.html

One of the dishes on the STL tower had the NBC snake logo on it... I wonder if that was saved.

witn-dishes.jpg

• Like 5

Meanwhile, down I-64 East in Hampton Roads, WVEC meteorologist Iisha Scott announced she'll be exiting the station to join sister station WCNC in Charlotte.

[MEDIA=twitter]1019532605451132928[/MEDIA]

Meteorologist John Wendel left WCNC today.

[MEDIA=twitter]1020310206696370176[/MEDIA]

Replacement?

• Like 2

Telemundo Contract

Date: 07-22-2018 9:43 AM - Word Count: 192

Telemundo Contract

SAG-AFTRA Approves Contracts For Telemundo; Non-Primetime Programming

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - The Screen Actors Guild's national board has

unanimously approved its first-ever tentative agreement with Telemundo

Television Studios covering Spanish-language television performers, union

officials announced.

The three-year agreement reached Saturday follows 15 months of

negotiations.

Under the contract, Telemundo talent will contribute to and

participate in the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan and SAG-Producers Pension Plan for the

first time. They will also receive residuals for foreign and domestic

programming and streaming platforms, based on a percentage of Telemundo's gross

receipts.

Also for the first time, Telemundo performers will be guaranteed

minimum salaries and annual increases.

Telemundo is the largest employer of Spanish-language talent in the

United States. It's new contract goes into effect immediately.

In addition to the Spanish media pact, the SAG-AFTRA board also

overwhelmingly approved a new network contract covering a wide range of non-

primetime programs that air on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox networks. This includes

soap operas, game shows, talk shows and quiz shows, as well as sports and

variety shows.

That tentative agreement must go to the union's full membership for

final ratification.

CNS-07-22-2018 09:43

• Like 2

How did they knew about Lance was sexting? Did someone look one of his social media accounts?

The Lost Ogle has a pretty good summary of what happened: https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/07/18/lance-west-resigns-from-kfor-over-sexting-controversy/

Essentially someone tweeted out screengrabs and tagged KFOR in the tweets to make sure they were seen.

The Lost Ogle has a pretty good summary of what happened: https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/07/18/lance-west-resigns-from-kfor-over-sexting-controversy/

Essentially someone tweeted out screengrabs and tagged KFOR in the tweets to make sure they were seen.

Can't be sexting on social media, I'd have to read the article but, just out of curiosity did West did that while he was at work and yet the boss didn't even know about what was happening?

EDIT: Just read the article and yeah he did do that while he was at work because he took a selfie while he was on KFOR's set

Meteorologist Sagay Galindo has joined WMC Action News 5. She will be on weekend evenings. Weekday 12/4PM meteorologist Spencer Denton had been filling in on weekend evenings since approximately last September, when Andrew Kozak's contract expired.

And speaking of the noon newscast, morning anchor Andrew Douglas now permanently joins Kym Clark for a two-person anchor team at that hour. He will continue anchoring in the mornings as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that WMC *may* be expanding its morning news back to 4AM in the fall... but it's still a little too early to confirm anything on that front quite yet.

Here is the open from the inaugural newscast.

TBD TV was a stupid name from the beginning and it looks like those plans are DEAD.

Better than "WJLA 24/7 News". Good lord that open VO is awful. "From WJLA 24/7 News, You're watching WJLA 24/7 News Evening Report, On Your Side..."

I mean it's a mouthful. Just call it "24/7 News" and be done with it.

Better than "WJLA 24/7 News". Good lord that open VO is awful. "From WJLA 24/7 News, You're watching WJLA 24/7 News Evening Report, On Your Side..."

I agree. It’s too much of a mouthful. The anchors are struggling lol.

I’d like a VO like: From Wjla 24/7 news, this is the evening report, on your side.

• Like 3

Local 10 News @ 3pm debuts sometime next Month.

Jenise Fernandez & Kristi Krueger

1f6a8.pngBREAKING NEWS1f6a8.png

I am so excited to share with you all that Local 10 News will be adding a 3pm newscast starting in August! I will be anchoring alongside my current co-anchor/friend Kristi Krueger. We are so thrilled to be the first station in the market to bring you the news at this time slot. It’ll be an exciting challenge and we hope you will tune in! On a personal note, this is truly the DREAM job and I feel so incredibly thankful to do what I love. Thank you for trusting us with the news that matters to you! #local10 #3pmnews #anchorlife#tvnews #dreamjob #hometownstation

37646433_1926119297452295_1040077217498923008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=07d177e5edab11490ee3b188a368a93a&oe=5BCE2B16

• Like 5

Better yet, "24/7", then "Evening Report" (keep 'on your side' confined to consumer/enterprise reporting like it was intended). The entire thing is a word salad and you've got the circle 7 highlighted enough where that just stands alone.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic