Out & About

TexasTVNews

KFOR just announced a new partnership with Air Comfort Solutions (which has former KWTV Chief Meteorologist Gary England in the promos), it's now branded as "Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4"

http://kfor.com/2018/04/09/chopper-4-is-vital-to-covering-oklahoma-storms-new-partnership-between-kfor-air-comfort-solutions-announced/

KXAS is entering a partnership with KRLD 1080, ending the latter’s partnership with KTVT.

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/ed410a4f3aadeb38db053f18771ebaae-4159.html

Reminds me of when the Dallas Morning News (after WFAA and Belo was sold to Gannett/TEGNA) went to KXAS and now WFAA is partnered with the Star-Telegram.

KFOR just announced a new partnership with Air Comfort Solutions (which has former KWTV Chief Meteorologist Gary England in the promos), it's now branded as "Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4"

http://kfor.com/2018/04/09/chopper-4-is-vital-to-covering-oklahoma-storms-new-partnership-between-kfor-air-comfort-solutions-announced/

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "Bob Moore Chopper 4"

• Like 4

It is the first instance that I can recall that a major station is producing a local newscast for a religious station.

This does make WLJC recognizable now, even though its a religious station.

Do ya think Jesus has "Must-Runs"?

• Like 3

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like "Bob Moore Chopper 4"

The question should be whether Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4 survives the station's ownership change whether it be Sinclair or someone else.

• Like 2

The question should be whether Air Comfort Solutions Chopper 4 survives the station's ownership change whether it be Sinclair or someone else.

Along with KTVI's "Bommarito SkyFOX Helicopter". Why they didn't pull that graphic during their Ferguson coverage remains painful.

• Like 2

KXAS is entering a partnership with KRLD 1080, ending the latter’s partnership with KTVT.

I'd been hearing lately on KRLD several of the weather reports coming from KXAS' meteorologists instead of from KTVT, as well as a recent news report that came from a KXAS reporter. Too bad, but I guess it was somebody's business decision. The KTVT tie-in didn't seem like one that needed to go, but I guess having KXAS as a next choice will work out also.

• Like 1

The latest entry into the NMSA is that of WLJC, a religious independent in the Lexington DMA, randomly picking up This is the Place. Somehow earlier this week, WTVQ began producing a 9:00 newscast for WLJC and that WLJC took the Antenna TV affiliation for Lexington off of WTVQ's overwhelmed hands.

This is the first news sharing arrangement I can think of which a secular station has produced news for a religious station though WLJC's other subs include GetTV and This TV. I wonder if Morris is gearing up to buy them or to set up a situation where Morris cashes out and a new owner of WTVQ then buys WLJC and probably moves MyNet programming there. The owners of WLJC also owns two FM stations which are among the few KLove and Air1 stations that EMF hasn't gotten their paws on yet.

This isn’t the first - WCMH, as an NBC O&O, reaired their newscasts on WSFJ, a religious and ION (then Pax TV) station, as part of an arrangement between NBC and Pax. Many of NBC’s affiliates reaired their newscasts on or produced news for Pax stations. There is one arrangement still in place - in Louisville. WAVE produces news for Louisville’s former ION station, a religious station.

• Like 2

This isn’t the first - WCMH, as an NBC O&O, reaired their newscasts on WSFJ, a religious and ION (then Pax TV) station, as part of an arrangement between NBC and Pax. Many of NBC’s affiliates reaired their newscasts on or produced news for Pax stations. There is one arrangement still in place - in Louisville. WAVE produces news for Louisville’s former ION station, a religious station.

I thought that the WAVE newscasts were discontinued. Looking at WBNA's schedule all I see is the delayed replay of WLEX's 6:00.

Also, if memory serves me right, WSFJ was a lot more secular at that time than WLJC is now.

• Like 1

Nope... not anymore. Now, WBNA repeats the previous day's edition of Hey Kentucky from WLEX at 12:30 p.m., the same day edition at 10:00 p.m. and a repeat of their 6:00 p.m. news at 6:30 p.m.

I just looked up the listings.

• Like 1

I'd been hearing lately on KRLD several of the weather reports coming from KXAS' meteorologists instead of from KTVT, as well as a recent news report that came from a KXAS reporter. Too bad, but I guess it was somebody's business decision. The KTVT tie-in didn't seem like one that needed to go, but I guess having KXAS as a next choice will work out also.

I think it was the simple fact that since KRLD is now owned by Entercom and not CBS, besides the fact of CBS News Radio, they wanted to distance themselves from their former CBS brethren.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but WSOC in Charlotte got a new news director about three weeks ago. Mike Oliveira joins the station from WFXT in Boston where he was the news director during the Cox takeover. Before that he was at WPXI in Pittsburgh.

Inside sources tell me that Oliveira has been a welcome change and is bringing fresh ideas over the stagnated previous management who apparently wasn't too open to new ideas and change.

The rumor mill is that WSOC might be getting a new set in the next year to replace the BDI set that premiered in 2012.

WSOC also dropped Bill Ratner as their VO guy and replaced him with John Cramer (the guy who is the main voiceover guy on the EntertainmentStudios court shows). It's an interesting choice but having heard his voice on WSOC, it actually works well.

• Like 1

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but WSOC in Charlotte got a new news director about three weeks ago. Mike Oliveira joins the station from WFXT in Boston where he was the news director during the Cox takeover. Before that he was at WPXI in Pittsburgh.

Inside sources tell me that Oliveira has been a welcome change and is bringing fresh ideas over the stagnated previous management who apparently wasn't too open to new ideas and change.

The rumor mill is that WSOC might be getting a new set in the next year to replace the BDI set that premiered in 2012.

WSOC also dropped Bill Ratner as their VO guy and replaced him with John Cramer (the guy who is the main voiceover guy on the EntertainmentStudios court shows). It's an interesting choice but having seen heard his voice on WSOC, it actually works well.

Well I posted something a few weeks back, because FTVLIVE.com was hearing whispers that Cox "might" sell Boston 25 and they moved the ND from Boston to Charlotte. Speculation on several things. etc.

• Like 3

It is the first instance that I can recall that a major station is producing a local newscast for a religious station.

This does make WLJC recognizable now, even though its a religious station.

They do have a very powerful signal on digital channel 7. One could hope that someone is looking to buy WTVQ/Morris. (sorry I keep saying that haha). WTVQ is a very-distant third rating. They also have a 10PM news on DT2.

• Like 1

Kelli Cook has crossed the street to WMC in Memphis. She had previously served as weekend anchor/reporter at WATN since 2014. Not sure if she'll be serving in the same role at WMC however, since their weekend anchor team has no vacancies.

• Like 1

Kelli Cook has crossed the street to WMC in Memphis. She had previously served as weekend anchor/reporter at WATN since 2014. Not sure if she'll be serving in the same role at WMC however, since their weekend anchor team has no vacancies.

There's always the weekday morning shift they can put her on, which seems like Cook's likely destination.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic