Out & About

TexasTVNews

First time a 7pm news airing in DFW since KTXA 21 News: First in Prime in '06. (And I still miss that newscasts, they were DFW's KCAL.)

I remember those and....eventually, they just kept cutting the newscasts shorter and shorter until it was just a sports show. I liked the newscast even more than KDAF's News @ Nine.

• Like 1

As for Weiner, she's absolutely a good call if she is indeed the heir apparent to Hamilton. Will be a sad day when Hamilton signs off, but it does indeed seem that the future at TV-11 is bright.

I think they are also setting up the heir apparent for Stan as well. He’s probably the same age or older as Donna but may stick around. They are definitely grooming Andre for his spot as he anchors the 5:30pm with Donna and is the primary fill in. I believe there have been more newscasts with Debra/Andre in the past two months than I have fingers/toes on the primary channel.

I know some mentioned Mindy as Donna’s replacement but I don’t think they want to mess with the morning show. I believe they win most half hours except for one. Also at this point I think Jason and Mindy are a paired duo.

Yet despite the changes they remained dominant.

• Like 1

Hold on a second because I am seeing the TV listings and it shows that it will be a rebroadcast of its 6:00 p.m. news. Any way to decipher this with anything that would showcase something else?

You're right. KDFI will air rebroadcast of FOX 4 News at 6 at 7pm. You know, it just came up after reading the comment. I remember after the network switch here in D/FW in the summer of '95, KDFW used to simulcasts their 9pm and/or 10pm news on KDFI.

• Like 1

image.jpg

KHOU announced today the execution of a lease agreement with 5718 Westheimer Road Investors, L.P.

totaling 43,000 square feet of space at 5718 Westheimer in Houston.

http://www.khou.com/article/news/local/khou-announces-location-of-new-station/285-533170471

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2018/03/khou-signs-deal-on-new-building.html

• Like 1

I wonder if this news will do any better in the ratings than the KTXA newscasts did.

Maybe it may catch those who just get home from work/caught in traffic but I think it would do better if it was more than just a rebroadcast. I remember when KFWD used to air rebroadcasts of WFAA as well as when KPXD aired rebroadcasts of KXAS....I don't think it'll register much more than a slight blip.

• Like 2

KCBS/KCAL anchor/reporter Andrea Fujii is leaving the duopoly and heading east to be with her husband Whit.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bg4qP-MgsgK[/MEDIA]

Also, today was Eric Harrymans last day at WTVJ he’s heading west. His IG that his coanchor linked to mentioned KTXL Fox 40 anchor in Sacramento.

After five months since Sinclair's WJAC Johnstown, PA news anchor Marty Radovonic retired, Tim Rigby announced at the end of the noon news on Friday, March 30th, that he'll be joining Jen Johnson on the early evening newscasts starting Monday, April 2nd. Jen Johnson has done a terrific job anchoring solo during this extended time.

http://wjactv.com/news/top-stories/eiler-joins-morning-team-rigby-moves-to-nights

• Like 1

On Twitter, Brandon Richard from WSIL says he will soon become a weekend morning anchor and reporter for WMC. Jerica Phillips was recently promoted to that position from within the station. So the question is... is WMC returning to a two-person weekend team, or could Jerica possibly be moving to the also-open weekday morning anchor position?

(Also, as a side note, Kendall Downing joined the station a few years ago as weekend morning anchor. Somehow, among this all, he was moved from that position and currently doesn't anchor at all.)

Scripps and by extension management at WXYZ is a slimy group of people... they kept this guy on their air despite knowing about his sexually harassing coworkers in grotesque ways... their HR even reportedly asked “how do you know it’s his?” in response to his sexting female colleagues pictures of his genitals... eeek this is a pretty good article about how not to handle sexual harassment allegations these days...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2018/03/31/malcolm-maddox-sexting-wxyz/468202002/

• Like 2

WNYT’s Dan Bazile has left to anchor Spectrum News in the area, possibly after being passed up by Asa Stackel for the morning job. Veteran reporter Dan Levy is filling in currently.

Parting words for the curious. And Dan Levy is as boring as he was when he did mornings at WTEN at the turn of the century.

On the same front, former WENY morning meteorologist Craig Flint has indirectly filled the hole left by Jason Gough stepping away from meteorology. Flint is now doing weekend mornings with Neal Estano paring down to solely the noon and fill-ins.

This is no April Fool's Day joke. There are rumors that Sam Kouvaris may be forced out from WJXT.

I call him "The Voice of Jacksonville Sports," considering his longevity at WJXT (since 1981) and I see it whenever I watch WJXT here in Gainesville.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/3/30/out-the-door-in-jacksonville

This is no April Fool's Day joke. There are rumors that Sam Kouvaris may be forced out from WJXT.

I call him "The Voice of Jacksonville Sports," considering his longevity at WJXT (since 1981) and I see it whenever I watch WJXT here in Gainesville.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/3/30/out-the-door-in-jacksonville

I will put down $2 that he goes to WJAX/WFOX. Cox has poured so much money into that operation, and people from JXT and First Coast News have ended up there.

Or he'll retire maybe, but I think he'll go to WJAX.

• Like 1

WOWK 13 New set alert.

Nexstar’s WOWK 13 Huntington/Charleston WV has received the standard Nexstar CBS affiliate set and graphics makeover. It debuted with the 11 PM newscast. There were some technical glitches and a mix of old and new music. But otherwise a huge, huge, huge improvement over what they had under West Virginia Media Holdings

http://www.wowktv.com/weather/crazy-weather-snow-to-70s-and-our-new-look-stormtracker-13-sunday-night-forecast_20180402033009/1092519187

• Like 1

WOWK 13 New set alert.

Nexstar’s WOWK 13 Huntington/Charleston WV has received the standard Nexstar CBS affiliate set and graphics makeover. That debuted with the 11 PM news cast. There were some technical glitches and a mix of old and new music. But otherwise a huge improvement over what they had under West Virginia Media Holdings

http://www.wowktv.com/weather/crazy-weather-snow-to-70s-and-our-new-look-stormtracker-13-sunday-night-forecast_20180402033009/1092519187

SAM's Extreme package. That set and graphic overhaul was way overdue.

• Like 3

Here is an updae on Eric Harryman leaving WTVJ, he was apparently pushed out.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/4/1/blindsided-in-miami

Really liked him. That’s a huge loss for the station, as they lost Adam Kuperstein not too long ago.

Apparently Roxanne Vargas is his replacement in the morning. Not sure about 11am. Not a fan of the move. Also leaves weekend evening and mornings now vacant for WTVJ.

Eric’s moving to California. You know, there is a morning anchor position open at KNBC.

• Like 1

Really liked him. That’s a huge loss for the station, as they lost Adam Kuperstein not too long ago.

Apparently Roxanne Vargas is his replacement in the morning. Not sure about 11am. Not a fan of the move. Also leaves weekend evening and mornings now vacant for WTVJ.

Eric’s moving to California. You know, there is a morning anchor position open at KNBC.

Yes, Roxanne and Shelli, I am not really feeling that new team. Johnny Archer anchors weekend evening so it is just one vacancy, weekend morning.

• Like 1

SAM's Extreme package. That set and graphic overhaul was way overdue.

To be honest, I think all the ex-WV Media stations could use new logos.

Could we please retire the SAM Extreme package already? It's so dated. I mean of all the packages you could choose, Extreme? Seriously?

• Like 1

Could we please retire the SAM Extreme package already? It's so dated. I mean of all the packages you could choose, Extreme? Seriously?

I agree they could have chosen something more better. The good thing Aerial is gone thank goodness.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic