Out & About

TexasTVNews

He mentioned it ever so briefly at the end of the 10 & 11pm Sunday night. Kai was off. A very low key sendoff for one of the most prominent faces in the market

It makes sense and I was wondering why he wasn’t included in the recent Super Bowl promo with the full anchor team. And explains the anchor/reporter opening.

It's becoming clear Nexstar is phasing them out. Although I'd be curious to figure out what they could have come up with for the ex-MG markets?

For the vast majority of them the call letter domains are also reserved by Nexstar to redirects, so just a matter of re-pointing the domains.

For the vast majority of them the call letter domains are also reserved by Nexstar to redirects, so just a matter of re-pointing the domains.

They make a bit of sense in the multi-station (particularly multi-Big 4) clusters Nexstar has, but less so for markets where they acquired a single station (like WNCN).

Additionally, I suspect Nexstar might feel like names like "TexasMatters" might seem like fake news when shared, which dents the stations' credibility.

• Like 2

It's becoming clear Nexstar is phasing them out. Although I'd be curious to figure out what they could have come up with for the ex-MG markets?

Good riddance.

Seems like Nexstar was getting less cute with them even before they started phasing them out. LasVegasNow/MyNDNow/etc actually sounded like news websites versus the goofy "Xproud/Xmatters/weareX.com"

Glad you think it’s okay to make jokes about a domestic violence incident.

Not my fault you are too cheap to own a Yeti...

It certainly is a higher end item in the go-go world of hot and cold storage.

Save your money boy.

• Like 1

Not my fault you are too cheap to own a Yeti...

It certainly is a higher end item in the go-go world of hot and cold storage.

Save your money boy.

One could argue Ozark Trail makes a comparable tumbler cup for a third of the price. I own both and the difference is negligible.

I’m sorry DigitalProdJoey, but I just don’t see the humor in a man physically abusing his wife.

You can talk about domestic abuse all you wish.

The rest of us are talking Yeti's...

"Yeti's don't hurt people...people hurt people."

One could argue Ozark Trail makes a comparable tumbler cup for a third of the price. I own both and the difference is negligible.

Does it have a straw included?

I like those with HD plastic straws some of them come with, but I would need a line on replacement straws. And NO....fast food straws are too short and brittle...and those long red 7-11 big gulp straws crack too easily, and the green ones are too short.

And just to stay on topic...

I will need the straws for my Yeti when I watch TV News.

"Create More...Complain Less."

(Shell Rotella Commercial)

• Like 5

"With Yeti...You Knock'em Cold'.

You can talk about domestic abuse all you wish.

The rest of us are talking Yeti's...

"Yeti's don't hurt people...people hurt people."

Yeti is what he used to hit his wife pretty badly. You quoted the article when you said “knock em’ cold”. Your “joke” is playing on the article and what happened. So you may be talking about Yeti, but your making light of the domestic abuse situation.

I prefer Bubba Kegs. They stay cool or hot very long. Frequently ice will last over 24 hours.

• Like 2

I’m sorry DigitalProdJoey, but I just don’t see the humor in a man physically abusing his wife.

You're absolutely right, there is nothing funny about it nor is it a situation to make light of. However, we have expressed this in many threads before that Eat News isn't to be taken seriously. He makes jokes. He's entertaining. He's the comedic relief of this forum.

Look, I understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't get so worked up over things you can't control.

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic