Out & About

TexasTVNews

KFSM has signed a lease for a new building in Johnson, Ark., between Fayetteville and Springdale. The operations are currently split between sites in Fort Smith and a shopping mall in Fayetteville, 60 miles apart.

https://talkbusiness.net/2018/02/kfsm-channel-5-building-new-headquarters-in-northwest-arkansas/

Wait, so they're moving their studios 60 miles away? Ok.

Wait, so they're moving their studios 60 miles away? Ok.

This is a replacement for the Fayetteville site in the Northwest Arkansas Mall. After this, KFSM plans to update its Fort Smith facility. They are having to do some politics as to where their newscasts will originate full time.

KFSM's news shows come from Fort Smith. KHBS/KHOG has its primary studio at Rogers, and KNWA/KFTA has primary studios at Fayetteville (though both of the latter have Fort Smith facilities as well).

I'd be interested to see which stations rate better in which areas.

Ive heard that WBAL will be splitting up Donna's shifts between Deborah and Mindy. Then move Megan into the Co-Anchor on mornings. All in the works still and could change.
I think they should promote Kate Amara, demote Andre Hepkins, hire new male and female anchor, add 4pm news, expand noon news to an hour, and morning news to 4am.

This is a replacement for the Fayetteville site in the Northwest Arkansas Mall. After this, KFSM plans to update its Fort Smith facility. They are having to do some politics as to where their newscasts will originate full time.

KFSM's news shows come from Fort Smith. KHBS/KHOG has its primary studio at Rogers, and KNWA/KFTA has primary studios at Fayetteville (though both of the latter have Fort Smith facilities as well).

I'd be interested to see which stations rate better in which areas.

And the new facility is literally down the street from down the current Fayetteville studio in the Northwest Arkansas Mall.

When Hearst moved into the Rogers facility they tried continuing broadcasting from Fort Smith and Rogers (once they moved out of the Fayetteville space), but that did not last long. I figure Tribune will phase out newscasts from Fort Smith once the new facility is complete and staff can get moved to the area.

• Like 1

I think they should promote Kate Amara, demote Andre Hepkins, hire new male and female anchor, add 4pm news, expand noon news to an hour, and morning news to 4am.

Well that’s a lot. A few of their shows are inked in for a while like Ellen and Steve. Kate Amara did the arching jo for a while she launched the 10PM newscasts before doing a few years in the DC bureaux. She returned to WBAL and I think is happy at being their lead political reporter.

One show they could drop would be Access Live if they want to do a 4PM. It’s been used for years as a filler show.

Also WBAL still doesn’t clear the fourth third hour (Megyn Kelly is considered seperate) of Today. The shows preempted in the morning for Live with Kelly and Ryan and at night with Access Live.

And the new facility is literally down the street from down the current Fayetteville studio in the Northwest Arkansas Mall.

When Hearst moved into the Rogers facility they tried continuing broadcasting from Fort Smith and Rogers (once they moved out of the Fayetteville space), but that did not last long. I figure Tribune will phase out newscasts from Fort Smith once the new facility is complete and staff can get moved to the area.

I'm surprised that with NW Arkansas being a split market, I'm surprised that no station has pulled a WSAZ and do two-city news.

KITV in Hawaii is having some twitter trouble. I noticed yesterday that many of their tweets just link directly to an AP article with text in the tweet saying it’s copyrighted.

[MEDIA=twitter]964940265659207681[/MEDIA]

Edit In case they delete it here’s how it appeared:

F3F5C217-44EF-4CEA-B5CE-2903F35F4590.thumb.png.a60ecf41619258ded4d5344f905cec0f.png

Ledecka wins surprise Olympic super-G title with late charge

Associated Press - 16 February 2018 23:51-05:00

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,... hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d28…

KITV in Hawaii is having some twitter trouble. I noticed yesterday that many of their tweets just link directly to an AP article with text in the tweet saying it’s copyrighted.

Oh Brudda...

Robert sez's...

robertkekeula.jpg.1d79c514492dbf2c5d68e7b5c31857b9.jpg

"Stupid fired civil defense worker git job at Island News...he sit on station Twitter keyboard during disaster drill. He scare me, da Howlies, Auntie and da rest of di Island".

• Like 2

...and here’s another example of 40/29

Did I see correctly that the DMA runs all the way from southwest Missouri to the Oklahoma/Texas line? I know that there's no big city between OKC/Tulsa and Texarkana/Shreveport, but that seems like a very long distance.

• Like 2

Did I see correctly that the DMA runs all the way from southwest Missouri to the Oklahoma/Texas line? I know that there's no big city between OKC/Tulsa and Texarkana/Shreveport, but that seems like a very long distance.

According to this map I found, it doesn't quite get to the TX line; McCurtain Co., OK and the SW counties of AR that border TX are part of Shreveport-Texarkana.

Screenshot_20180219-102552.thumb.jpg.621d36d21c30de88dbb8183de7da5baf.jpg

Telemundo is on SiriusXM.

Yes, the first television network to be available on satellite radio.

First before ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, The CW and even Univision and UniMas.

Telemundo is available on Channel 469 and does air all of Telemundo's programs and sports events.

• Like 2

According to this map I found, it doesn't quite get to the TX line; McCurtain Co., OK and the SW counties of AR that border TX are part of Shreveport-Texarkana.

I have attached this map of Arkansas showing each county in relation to their DMA. There are 7 DMAs within The Natural State and are as follows:

Purple: Memphis - DMA 50

Magenta: Little Rock - DMA 58

Brown: Springfield, MO - DMA 75

Green: Texarkana - DMA 83

Blue: Fort Smith - DMA 98

Pink: El Dorado - DMA 137

Red: Jonesboro - DMA 182

As for the Fort Smith DMA, in addition to the Arkansas Counties, it does spill over into Le Flore & Sequoyah Counties in Oklahoma. As a matter of fact, KHBS' stick is located near Poteau, Oklahoma.

Arkansas.png.8c1473eaafa7ab204c6bc940651e839e.png

Has no one mentioned KCCI meteorologist Frank Scaglione apparently soliciting minors? He's no longer employees, and it sounds like management isn't telling their employees much either. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2018/02/19/kcci-tv-des-moines-meteorologist-accused-inappropriate-behavior-snapchat-twitter-frank-scaglione/350171002/

• Like 1

Has no one mentioned KCCI meteorologist Frank Scaglione apparently soliciting minors? He's no longer employees, and it sounds like management isn't telling their employees much either. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2018/02/19/kcci-tv-des-moines-meteorologist-accused-inappropriate-behavior-snapchat-twitter-frank-scaglione/350171002/

Way to chase that younger demo...

What is it with these twinks lately?

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic