Out & About

TexasTVNews

Nalina Shapiro is leaving Buffalo's WIVB after the end of February sweeps. Her boyfriend, WGRZ sports anchor/reporter Jonah Javad will join WFAA after WGRZ's Winter Olympics coverage is over. Shapiro is pursuing a job outside of TV in Dallas.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/08/ch-4-anchor-shapiro-telling-colleagues-she-is-leaving/

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/11/source-jonah-javad-verbally-agrees-to-join-dallas-station/

As of this past Monday (Feb. 5), KARK in Little Rock, AR, has started an hour-long 4p newscast. This newscast replaced an hour of "Judge Judy."

And BTW, it turns out KARK was running TWO hours of "Judge Judy" from 3 to 5p. Now one hour of the show every day is fine with me, but not two!! I wonder what gave them the idea to run two hours of the show on weekdays!! Weird!!

KTAL used to do that here (3-5 p.m.) until they began splitting it with KSHV. Now they only run it from 4-5. I guess KTAL will move it to 3 p.m. next year so that they can get into the 4pm game.

KTAL used to do that here (3-5 p.m.) until they began splitting it with KSHV. Now they only run it from 4-5. I guess KTAL will move it to 3 p.m. next year so that they can get into the 4pm game.

WVNY is another (nominally) Nexstar station that does the same. Given their apprehension of programming a 5:00 hour, I wonder if they shed an hour and enter the 4:00 game too.

• Like 2

Remember last year, when I stated that WWL was airing the 7-9am local Mardi Gras coverage om WUPL? Well this year, they've corrected this wrong and as I speak, they're airing the local coverage on channel 4, moving CBS This Morning to 54.

They lied to you. Watched a WWL livestream after 7am this morning and I saw the A-block of CTM, with a local weather update.

They lied to you. Watched a WWL livestream after 7am this morning and I saw the A-block of CTM, with a local weather update.

No lie, but I did see that though. There's another link that streamed the local Mardi Gras coverage.

The stream normally switches over from 4 to 54 after 7am, when local news shifts. But today, 54 is airing CTM, and that's probably why you saw that.

The Channel 4 gang dresses up today.

Kevin Belton as Mario, April Dupre as Princess Daisy, Eric Paulsen as Luigi, Sally-Ann Roberts as Princess Peach and Dave Nussbaum as Toad.

[MEDIA=twitter]963438088067452928[/MEDIA]

Sheba Turk, Chris Franklin and Leslie Spoon as the Power Rangers.

[MEDIA=twitter]963431212059713536[/MEDIA]

Katie Steiner as Snow White and Kristin Pierce as the Evil Queen.

[MEDIA=twitter]963421989493977088[/MEDIA]

Carl Arredondo as Ronald McDonald, Karen Swensen as the Chick-Fil-A Cow, Thahn Truong as The Colonel and Natalie Shepherd as Wendy.

[MEDIA=twitter]963416521883168768[/MEDIA]

• Like 4

WVUE gets in on the act, too.

We have a Black Panther sighting (Juan Kincaid)...with Lee Zurik and David Bernard.

[MEDIA=twitter]963412785441931264[/MEDIA]

Chris Hagen and Sean Fazende as Saints players.

[MEDIA=twitter]963400555996512256[/MEDIA]

John Snell as Captain Morgan, Nancy Parker as Leah Chase and Meg Gatto as Chris Owens.

[MEDIA=twitter]963368884865830912[/MEDIA]

Garland Gillen as either John McEnroe or Bjorn Borg.

[MEDIA=twitter]963392137734782976[/MEDIA]

The Channel 4 gang dresses up today.

Kevin Belton as Mario, April Dupre as Princess Daisy, Eric Paulsen as Luigi, Sally-Ann Roberts as Princess Peach and Dave Nussbaum as Toad.

[MEDIA=twitter]963438088067452928[/MEDIA]

Sheba Turk, Chris Franklin and Leslie Spoon as the Power Rangers.

[MEDIA=twitter]963431212059713536[/MEDIA]

Katie Steiner as Snow White and Kristin Pierce as the Evil Queen.

[MEDIA=twitter]963421989493977088[/MEDIA]

Carl Arredondo as Ronald McDonald, Karen Swensen as the Chick-Fil-A Cow, Thahn Truong as The Colonel and Natalie Shepherd as Wendy.

[MEDIA=twitter]963416521883168768[/MEDIA]

Yoshi is very disappointed that he was mistaken for a fungus.

• Like 2

Jack Hynes is up in TV news heaven together with John Henning, Dick Albert and Chet Curtis. They'll never be another Jack Hynes. Thoughts, prayers and condolences are with

the family of Jack Hynes and his extended family at WCVB NewsCenter 5 and WLVI 56 (Original) News at Ten Team (Pre-Sunbeam).

Rest in peace, Jack Hynes and Godspeed.

• Like 1

WBAL’s Donna Hamilton is retiring from the station on May 23 after spending 22 years with the station. No word on a replacement.

I am assuming Deborah Weiner will take over one of the slots as she’s Donna’s fill in when she’s out and Friday evenings.

Would be interesting to see how this will effect their ratings.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/111219/longtime-wbal-anchor-donna-hamilton-retiring

KOB updated their look and picked up.. This is the place...

http://www.kob.com/live/

It is horrendous.

Hasn't WHEC already used This is The Place for a few years? Hubbard NBC affiliates thinking alike?

Oh lord, heaven help if that is foisted on WNYT. I know Keynote is getting a little long in the tooth but that wouldn't be the solution at all.

WBAL’s Donna Hamilton is retiring from the station on May 23 after spending 22 years with the station. No word on a replacement.

I am assuming Deborah Weiner will take over one of the slots as she’s Donna’s fill in when she’s out and Friday evenings.

Would be interesting to see how this will effect their ratings.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/111219/longtime-wbal-anchor-donna-hamilton-retiring

Seems like they can promote from within. Pair Deborah Weiner with Stan Stovall, and pair Andre Hepkins with Lisa Robinson.

Stan & Deborah can do 5&11, while Andre & Lisa handle 6&10, and morning team of Jason & Mindy can handle noon. Or Stan & Deborah can handle 6/10/11, while Andre & Lisa handle noon/5.

• Like 2

[quote name='TVNewsLover']Seems like they can promote from within. Pair Deborah Weiner with Stan Stovall, and pair Andre Hepkins with Lisa Robinson. Stan & Deborah can do 5&11, while Andre & Lisa handle 6&10, and morning team of Jason & Mindy can handle noon. Or Stan & Deborah can handle 6/10/11, while Andre & Lisa handle noon/5.[/QUOTE] Sounds good. I just know Deborah is going to be there somewhere - she already was a known personality but lately in the past two or three years they’ve elevated her profile. For example the evening news promo spots include her and Andre in the group pose and they’ve promoted the 10PM newscast a lot more now. Before the 10PM would get a spot here or there but now it’s one or two spots (promoted as “the early advantage”) in every newscast plus a tease at the end of the 5:30 half hour (makes me wonder if it’s a strong competitor against WBFF). I also wonder how long Stan’s going to hang around as he’s atleast 65. I think that Andre Hepkins is the obvious heir apparent to Stan. They moved him into do the 5:30PM half hour and 10PM while reporting at 5,6&11 from the studio. I doubt they would do anything to the morning show as they have a great chemistry and still are young. Sorry in advance @Weeters I didn’t mean to get on the speculation train with all these fantasy rotas.

Ive heard that WBAL will be splitting up Donna's shifts between Deborah and Mindy. Then move Megan into the Co-Anchor on mornings. All in the works still and could change.

That sounds interesting. There have been times when both of the morning people have filled in in the evenings. Megan’s a good fit. I found it odd that she would leave a coanchor job at WMAR, to go do some PR, and come back and basically be an in studio reporter (but let’s be honest the PR gig was just a job during a non compete - she was there for seven months). Either Scripps wasn’t renewing her contract/paying enough or WBAL pays a lot more for a breaking news anchor vs a coanchor at WMAR.

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic