Out & About

TexasTVNews

Bombshell right, now that’s a surprise morning announcement from Sally.

I was actually expecting it. I was wondering who would be first: Sally-Ann or Eric Paulsen? You know he's next (been at the station roughly the same time as Sally-Ann).

Sheba Turk should take Sally-Ann's spot, but knowing management, it wouldn't surprise me to see Leslie Spoon get it.

• Like 1

Which brings up an interesting, yet disappointing IMO, observation, why is it that Buzzr is in Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, And Gainesville, but not Miami? Seriously? No Buzzr in a big city like Miami, while smaller cities get to enjoy it?

Actually, Gainesville doesn't have it from WOGX. One of its subs carries ION Television.

I was actually expecting it. I was wondering who would be first: Sally-Ann or Eric Paulsen? You know he's next (been at the station roughly the same time as Sally-Ann).

Sheba Turk should take Sally-Ann's spot, but knowing management, it wouldn't surprise me to see Leslie Spoon get it.

J7886nP.png

Starting the week of January 24th, 2018, the small DMA #200 market of Ottumwa, Iowa and Kirksville, Mo. will finally have all four major networks when KYOU will launch NBC on subchannel 15.2

This is what the market will have once KYOU has NBC:

KTVO has ABC on 3.1 and CBS on 3.2

KYOU has FOX on 15.1 and will soon have NBC on 15.2

The market has PBS through digital translators from Iowa Public Television.

It even has a CW cable-only affiliate from "KWOT" (The CW Plus)

http://www.kyoutv.com/home/2018/01/08/kyou-nbc-release/

• Like 2

Starting the week of January 24th, 2018, the small DMA #200 market of Ottumwa, Iowa and Kirksville, Mo. will finally have all four major networks when KYOU will launch NBC on subchannel 15.2

I imagine that the cable providers will remove KSHB and WGEM on the Missouri side possibly WHO on the Iowa side and replace it with this new channel.

Also worth mentioning that you can only get PBS on the Missouri side via cable which carries KCPT.

The market sure has changed in the past 10 years.

• Like 1

As per Wikipedia, once KYOU-DT2 joins NBC, there will only be four DMA's left in the nation that will not an in market NBC affaiate:

DMA 175 - Harrisonburg, VA - Receives NBC programming, repeaters, from WVIR in Charlottesville, VA

DMA 199 - Mankato, MN - Receives NBC programming, repeater, from KARE in Minneapolis, MN

DMA 206 - Presque Isle, ME - Receives NBC programming, Cable only, from WLBZ in Bangor, ME

DMA 208 - Alpena, MI - Received NBC programming from, Cable only, from WPBN in Traverse City, MI

Upon review, from Rabbit Ears, each market has no room for an OTA NBC affiliate at this time.

was watching WSB this afternoon for the snow coverage. Then they ended the newscast they ran a Cox Media Group ID with Scott Chaplin saying "WSB is a Cox Media Group station". Any other Cox stations doing this?

WHBQ was the first. I believe all of the Cox stations are using the CMG ID as their closer now.

Holy bleep. I can't believe I'm saying this but... PBS is back in Puerto Rico!

For those who don't know, WMTJ Channel 40 was taken off air due to Hurricane Maria and went off-air forever. However, according to Wikipedia, on Wednesday, December 20th, WMTJ returned to the air via Liberty Puerto Rico (a cable provider there) and some of PBS' programming was seen on Channels 3 and 67 and in HD on channels 203 and 267.

On Monday, January 2nd, just months after the supposed farewell to the station, WMTJ actually resumed regular over-the-air broadcasting operations via WSTE-DT (Teleisla) and can be seen on the same channel 40.1 from the transmitter located in Aguas Buenas.

In other words, that transmitter is now home to both WSTE and WMTJ, even though they broadcast on different digital channels (WSTE is 7 and WMTJ is 16 but is moving to 15).

So yes, PBS is back in Puerto Rico. Wonderful news for a country still reeling from Hurricane Maria.

DISCLAIMER: I'm half Puerto Rican so I had to share this and this is wonderful news for public broadcasting.

• Like 6