Out & About

TexasTVNews

Say hello to either Gannett, Scripps, Sinclair, or even Fox handing Angley a Brinks truck of cash!

Raycom could even pull the old "failed station waiver" or even walk away from WUAB's license and make WBNX their second station. Then again, they ruined WUAB to begin with.

It will be interesting to see if Sinclair follows through with WJW. This could be a power play to keep Tegna or Scripps from competing directly with them.

Raycom could even pull the old "failed station waiver" or even walk away from WUAB's license and make WBNX their second station. Then again, they ruined WUAB to begin with.

The "failed station waiver" for a company like Raycom is as bad as able bodied people parking in the blue zone .

Spend some money now you got a tax break...and shore up some of this smaller run down stuff for these smaller and outlaying communities.

• Like 1

Say hello to either Gannett, Scripps, Sinclair, or even Fox handing Angley a Brinks truck of cash!

Would it be Angley who sells the station, or the creditors initiating the foreclosure?

Because while Angley is 96 years old, I can’t see him selling WBNX unless he’s simply ordered to against his will. (To wit, he simply closed down the adjacent Cathedral Buffet after the initial harassment/abuse issues against him became public.) That station has been his lifeline in more ways than one.

Would it be Angley who sells the station, or the creditors initiating the foreclosure?

Because while Angley is 96 years old, I can’t see him selling WBNX unless he’s simply ordered to against his will. (To wit, he simply closed down the adjacent Cathedral Buffet after the initial harassment/abuse issues against him became public.) That station has been his lifeline in more ways than one.

I hope he signs the station over to his bed pan nurse, and it gets tied up in a sexy lurid probate court case.

Anyone hear from Donald Sterling lately?

• Like 1

I fully expect the creditors to flip the station should they gain control. Every owner in the Cleveland market is in "buy" mode and aside from WJW and maybe WOIO and "WUAB", this station is the perfect opportunity to expand their news product on to....and why WJW would want to buy them to keep that from happening.

• Like 5

I hope he signs the station over to his bed pan nurse, and it gets tied up in a sexy lurid probate court case.

Ya know, had this all come down in the early 1980s, Ernest could have gotten a job as an auto mechanic to make ends meet.

Edit: I think I found an advance copy for the final "90 and 9 Club!" XD

• Like 2

Out here in Albany, WNYT’s morning anchor Phil Bayly retired after a 42-year career, 31 years at the station, as well as 15 years anchoring mornings. I grew up watching Phil and even visited him in the newsroom once. He will surely be missed. Here’s his final newscast snippet:

https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/anvload.html?key=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#amp=1

The next few years are going to be interesting for WNYT. Most of their old guard is reaching retirement age and their bench is a bit thin. For a station that is the epitome of stable, it will be interesting to see how they proceed.

Come to think of it, this is the first time WNYT has dealt with an actual, planned retirement ever. Ed Dague had health reasons and a six-month saga full of drama, Bob McNamara had his hissy fit over bowling scores and resigned, Hubbard cuts ended Capital Region Backroads and Steve Scoville's career. Sure, there were people who left for bigger things (Chris Kapostasy/Jansing the biggest) or went to the next realm (Norm Sebastian), but this new ground will soon become familiar ground.

• Like 6

Only two public television stations that I can think of offer 24-hour weather coverage. KTCA is one of them and since September, they've rebranded their 24-hour weather channel as "TPT NOW" and if you ask me... the new look is really good.

TPT-NOW-1024x576.jpg

(screengrab from tpt.org)

• Like 5

Only two public television stations that I can think of offer 24-hour weather coverage. KTCA is one of them and since September, they've rebranded their 24-hour weather channel as "TPT NOW" and if you ask me... the new look is really good.

TPT-NOW-1024x576.jpg

MPTV/Milwaukee really needs to license this system. They're still on the Accuweather platform that's aged horribly as time has gone on. TCT has always done an incredible job with their weather coverage, be it as a part-day KTCI service or as a full-scale channel.

• Like 1

MPTV/Milwaukee really needs to license this system. They're still on the Accuweather platform that's aged horribly as time has gone on. TCT has always done an incredible job with their weather coverage, be it as a part-day KTCI service or as a full-scale channel.

Well... its now Milwaukee PBS and I agree, they should.

• Like 1

TPT-NOW-1024x576.jpg

That does look good. The Weather Channel should have done something similar instead of the Windows 8 look.

WWBT's Colleen Quigley will join WRAL in Raleigh next month as a reporter according to VARTV...

WBOY's (North-Central West Virginia) Natalie Kalibat has joined sister station WRIC as the sports anchor. Speaking of WRIC, sports director Mitch Carr has left the station.

[MEDIA=twitter]946030290232856576[/MEDIA]

We have more sad news: Remember WNKY's popular Radar the Weather Dog? Sadly, the four-legged television personality passed away (or as we pet owners say, crossed the rainbow bridge) a couple days ago. He was 16. The Border Collie was introduced to South-Central Kentucky viewers back in 2005 after he was rescued by the local shelter and the rest was history. My condolences go out to the folks at WNKY in Bowling Green.

http://www.wnky.com/story/37140670/in-memory-radar-the-weather-dog

[MEDIA=twitter]945667844469149696[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

We have more sad news: Remember WNKY's popular Radar the Weather Dog? Sadly, the four-legged television personality passed away (or as we pet owners say, crossed the rainbow bridge) a couple days ago.

[MEDIA=twitter]945667844469149696[/MEDIA]

He was a fine canine. He had many four legged friends. He will be missed...

Ruff day eh?

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic