Out & About

TexasTVNews

Today is a bittersweet day in Oklahoma as KFOR dedicates studio to longtime anchor Linda Cavanaugh - http://kfor.com/2017/12/15/kfor-dedicates-studio-to-longtime-anchor-linda-cavanaugh/

Linda Cavanaugh is retiring today after 40 years at KFOR, which was known as KTVY when she started.

I put it here in Out an About as I was not sure whether this should be a new thread or. Also, she is leaving with KFOR's ownership, and possibly NBC affailiation, uncertain going into 2018, it's currently a Tribune station.

Today is a bittersweet day in Oklahoma as KFOR dedicates studio to longtime anchor Linda Cavanaugh - http://kfor.com/2017/12/15/kfor-dedicates-studio-to-longtime-anchor-linda-cavanaugh/

Linda Cavanaugh is retiring today after 40 years at KFOR, which was known as KTVY when she started.

I put it here in Out an About as I was not sure whether this should be a new thread or. Also, she is leaving with KFOR's ownership, and possibly NBC affailiation, uncertain going into 2018, it's currently a Tribune station.

Out and About is the perfect thread to put it in. We don't need threads for every anchor retirement.

And we don't need to type like this either.

Out and About is the perfect thread to put it in. We don't need threads for every anchor retirement.

And we don't need to type like this either.

Sorry about the font, I copied and pasted from their website, I've fixed it.

• Like 2

http://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/tv/warm-tv-blog/article189736909.html

Good lord, yet another departure at WRAL, this time weekend morning co-anchor Gina Benitez is leaving in March. So that makes Lynda Loveland, David Crabtree, Nate Johnson, Bill Leslie, Julia Sims (née Lewis), and now Gina who are all leaving or retiring within the next year or so.

Here it is, screenshots of Linda Cavanaugh's final newscast at KFOR.2081053529_2017-12-15(50).thumb.png.51d04541fb0a04bc5673a2a488134bc3.png

You can watch LInda's final thought here - http://kfor.com/2017/12/15/linda-cavanaugh-says-goodbye-to-kfor-family-and-yours/

Now as Linda heads off into retirement, what's next for KFOR as the Sinclair/Tribune merger continues to unfold?

Just another thought, the following KFOR on air personalities have been with the station since before the turn of the century:

Tara Blume - 1991

Brian Brinkley - 1990

Galen Culver - c. 1991

Ali Meyer - 2000

Mike Morgan - 1993

Kevin Ogle - 1993

Kent Ogle - 1993

Sarah Stewart - 1999

Lance West - 1995

I do not have any reason seeing any of the following leaving KFOR anytime soon, personally, I'm just hoping that they can decide their future on their terms and not those of the heavens in Hunt Valley.

1187841174_2017-12-15(3).thumb.png.6d4ada6cd36df6adf33c8b3bbb6ef500.png

1326156994_2017-12-15(4).thumb.png.aff80392daaedc73de78eebbd58b6892.png

1922888678_2017-12-15(5).thumb.png.ebf452c707cab1d403a5155e88d37a1e.png

658402259_2017-12-15(7).thumb.png.ab56c1c437888d90ac8d0166f4f4dabd.png

1972357620_2017-12-15(41).thumb.png.bb2fd70ae91ebd4b66b6c5ac46baef6a.png

341181945_2017-12-15(49).thumb.png.30ff50352cad040d07247f71575aac09.png

• Like 2

KLUJ off the air?

I just saw on the FCC LMS that KLUJ has turned in its license for cancellation. Why did they do it? Are they off the air now? Is there an official statement from TBN?

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f91604cf19d01605b6939b72175&id=25076f91604cf19d01605b6939b72175&goBack=N

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/sta_det.pl?Facility_id=12913

Like with all of this, cable/sat coverage is good enough, and their TV/phone app is more than acceptable now. They cheaped out on their digital transmitters and they're paying for it now; Ion can run five signals and an HD easily. TBN can barely fit five subs on their multiplexers, and upgrades aren't coming to them. Maybe the Crouches should have put off that eighth house and fourth jet purchase in the mid-2000s.

RabbitEars is saying at least one TBN station has gone HD, can't remember which one.

Freelancer Television Broadcasting, Inc. has finished its purchase of WLLZ-LP Cedar, MI.

It was announced today that FTB would be changing WLLZ's call sign to...

WXII-LP

Todo, I don't think we're in Greensboro, High Point, or Winston-Salem anymore.

Hello everyone,

We just received word from the FCC that they have granted our request to change the call sign of WLLZ-LP to WXII-LP.

The change is effective this Thursday (December 21, 2017); please update your records accordingly! Aside from the call sign, nothing else about the station has changed - the program schedules, coverage area and COZI/MyNetworkTV affiliations remain the same as they’ve been in the past.

Freelancer Television Broadcasting, Inc. has finished its purchase of WLLZ-LP Cedar, MI.

It was announced today that FTB would be changing WLLZ's call sign to...

WXII-LP

Todo, I don't think we're in Greensboro, High Point, or Winston-Salem anymore.

Oh great. WXII in the Piedmont Triad, WXII in Northern Michigan. How fun.

What did northern Michigan's WXII call sign mean?

• Like 3

Thanks. I guess the crew, staff aren’t there or it’s some union issue. It looks like there have been no live reports.

Most your morning crews show up in the 3:30-4am range for live hits beginning at 5am. 99.9% of the stations in the US do not staff camera/reporters after midnight till 3:30a.

There are a few exceptions such as KGTV and KFMB in San Diego which staff cameras overnight.

Otherwise it's the stringers...which can be a major pain in the ass for morning show producers with constant annoying calls about selling dumpster fires and senseless drunk driving crashes....all while copping major attitude if you "pass" on the crappy shaky video.

Here's to the morning show producers who have the most thankless job in the world.

God bless you guys and Merry Christmas...if that's how you roll.

• Like 3

Sad news out of the Twin Cities. Former WCCO Sports Anchor Ralph Jon Fritz (R. J.) past away last week after a long battle of cancer. RJ Fritz was 78 years old. Thoughts and prayers goes out for RJ's family and to his friends a colleagues at 'CCO.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/12/06/rj-fritz-dies/

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic