Out & About

TexasTVNews

They didn't "lose him". NBC just moved him to another one of their O&O stations.

Thanks for the clarification. I really wasn't aware of the exact details other than here-one-day-gone-the-next. Guess I could have looked closer at unclebarky's site, he's usually pretty good at getting departure info. Archer was an asset to KXAS' newscasts, and it's too bad he's not there anymore.

Bloomberg is free on anything that has a functioning web connection at this point (though without the sidebar GFX). They probably figured that into why not to carry it. TWC you can excuse as dumb, but Bloomberg has just as much blame here for their looseness with how you can watch their channel.

Now that I didn't know about! I know that Sin-Don't Care's digital subchannel networks also have free internet streams (BTW, I mostly watch TBD, but also Charge for American Gladiators).

• Like 1

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/12/8/raleigh-station-names-new-anchor

WRAL taps WBNS weekend anchor Jeff Hogan to take over for the retiring Bill Leslie in the summer, although he'll start in January. I'm honestly surprised WRAL didn't promote from within, Ken Smith was my choice to get the spot, as he had worked with Renee Chou in the past when she was his weekend evening co-anchor.

• Like 2

The purchase agreement says that the sale does not include WPME's existing programming contracts and that Ion will have to change WPME's call sign, so it seems that MyNetworkTV will be moving to a WPXT subchannel. Interestingly, there's also an SSA in which Ironwood will continue to provide Technical services to WPME after the sale.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, WPME is already carrying Ion on 35.2, so that will probably just move to 35.1 after the sale.

I wonder what this means for WPXT long-term. With the Top 8 rule poised to go away, you would think that Tegna and Hearst would be chomping at the bit for WPXT at minimum if not Gray using it as a trojan horse to enter the Portland market if no other avenues open up.

• Like 2

Not bad, but why does it look like the "3" is trying to eat the CBS eye?

It's hungry.

I’m thinking they were going to put the CBS Eye in the negative space (is that the right term) of the bottom half of the 3. But someone realized that it could possibly go against the CBS Eyedentity standards.

Just by eyeballing it (pun intended) it looks like the CBS Eye fits perfectly in the bottom half.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic