Out & About

TexasTVNews

Jane Robelot of WYFF who had been filling in for Gabrielle Komorowski while she was out on maternity leave will permanently co-anchor the 4 pm newscasts with Komorowski. Carol Goldsmith who had been anchoring at 4 in addition to her 6 & 11 pm duties continues as 6 & 11 pm co-anchor.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/jane-robelot-to-anchor-weekday-newscast-on-wyff-4/13515861

• Like 2

Out of curiosity could a station that subscribes to a service such as the AP or CNN Newsource have content embargoed in other markets? Say could a Sinclair station that put content up on CNN Newsource have their content embargoed in other markets that Sinclair stations operate.

• Like 1

Jane Robelot of WYFF who had been filling in for Gabrielle Komorowski while she was out on maternity leave will permanently co-anchor the 4 pm newscasts with Komorowski. Carol Goldsmith who had been anchoring at 4 in addition to her 6 & 11 pm duties continues as 6 & 11 pm co-anchor.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/jane-robelot-to-anchor-weekday-newscast-on-wyff-4/13515861

Isn't Jane Robelot the same anchor who once worked at WCAU, WGCL and CBS News?

• Like 2

Out of curiosity could a station that subscribes to a service such as the AP or CNN Newsource have content embargoed in other markets? Say could a Sinclair station that put content up on CNN Newsource have their content embargoed in other markets that Sinclair stations operate.

I don't believe CNN gives stations that power to embargo something in another market just because their parent company owns another station there. I don't think I've ever seen that happen. Typically, something is only embargoed for other stations in the same market or if it includes video that's restricted for one reason or another.

In one place where I worked, our sister station one market over threw a big stink at us because one of their competitors (a Sinclair station) ran one of our packages that CNN picked up. The reporter had a stand-up in it while wearing our jacket and mic flag with a logo that's nearly identical to our sister station's. They somehow thought there was something wrong going on, but since it's two different markets, there wasn't any embargo on it, so it was fine for the Sinclair station to run it even though our sister station had access to all of our content internally. Probably a dumb move on the Sinclair station's part to run a package that looked like it came from their competitor, but whatever. Or at the very least, they could have edited out her standup.

That's the double-edged sword with being a CNN affiliate. It's great because Newsource has tons of video, including lots of packages, but if there's more than one CNN affiliate in a market, then competing newscasts can end up running a lot of the same content if you're not careful or get in the habit of only checking CNN for wire content.

• Like 4

In one place where I worked, our sister station one market over threw a big stink at us because one of their competitors (a Sinclair station) ran one of our packages that CNN picked up. The reporter had a stand-up in it while wearing our jacket and mic flag with a logo that's nearly identical to our sister station's. They somehow thought there was something wrong going on, but since it's two different markets, there wasn't any embargo on it, so it was fine for the Sinclair station to run it even though our sister station had access to all of our content internally. Probably a dumb move on the Sinclair station's part to run a package that looked like it came from their competitor, but whatever. Or at the very least, they could have edited out her standup.

That sounds shifty.

It looks like Newsy is finally on cable. As I mentioned in the chatboxes, it showed up on Cox Gainesville on Channel 276.

It's the same channel seen online and on Cincinnati Bell. It's displayed as Newsy___SD, even though its shown in Widescreen.

I feel like I just got Headline News all over again!

Newsy is owned by Scripps. Comcast also now carries Newsy.

FUN FACT: Scripps used to own cable systems until Comcast bought them out in 1995.

• Like 1

That looks even shittier than I expected.

You would think they’d have something made up in the measurements of the open screen? Surely after spending about $20k+ per screen they could afford buying a back up cut out. How much could that cost at Kinkos or I bet they could get it done quicker as they are on the lot which has a print shop.

I would have thought some of the plasmas like at WMAQ would have burnt out first. But I guess since it was new technology.

• Like 1

You know I was wondering what NBC would do when one of their vertical monitors fails. Well KNBC’s solution is to put put up a pop up sign that’s used at convention.

That looks even shittier than I expected.

You would think they’d have something made up in the measurements of the open screen? Surely after spending about $20k+ per screen they could afford buying a back up cut out. How much could that cost at Kinkos or I bet they could get it done quicker as they are on the lot which has a print shop.

I would have thought some of the plasmas like at WMAQ would have burnt out first. But I guess since it was new technology.

It appears to have been fixed. I’m not sure if it worked during the afternoon / early newscasts. I almost think this may have been a video wall server issue. I seem to remember now that during AM instagrams the Middle Wall has had alignment issues - where about the top quarter of the screen appeared black or was on the bottom on the screen. That or they had a spare handy and was installed quickly.

VDEhZ1P.jpg

Rather than bumping an old thread regarding Telemundo 20 I’m San Diego or I thought I would ask my question here and maybe @Eat News or @A3N could answer. Does KNSD/ NBC 7 provide traffic and weather updates during the local avails during [I]Un Nuevo Día[/I]? I know their station breaks are different from the [I]Today Show[/I] ones. I ask because Telemundo 20 plugged NBC 7’s morning newscast. My Spanish is rusty and couldn’t keep up with what they are saying. There was a video on Vimeo that was a promo for NBC 7 in Spanish but I can’t find it now. On the same topic WCAU do the same for WWSI (maybe @HulkieD could answer)? How much would it cost to say translate an hour of news from NBC 7 to air right before [I]Un Nuevo Dia[/I]? Also why would KNSD have this video from KFMB on their Vimeo website: [MEDIA=vimeo]241061383[/MEDIA] Thanks in advance if you guys are able to find anything out?

[quote name='rkolsen']Rather than bumping an old thread regarding Telemundo 20 I’m San Diego or I thought I would ask my question here and maybe @Eat News or @A3N could answer. Does KNSD/ NBC 7 provide traffic and weather updates during the local avails during [I]Un Nuevo Día[/I]? I know their station breaks are different from the [I]Today Show[/I] ones. I ask because Telemundo 20 plugged NBC 7’s morning newscast. My Spanish is rusty and couldn’t keep up with what they are saying. There was a video on Vimeo that was a promo for NBC 7 in Spanish but I can’t find it now. On the same topic WCAU do the same for WWSI (maybe @HulkieD could answer)? How much would it cost to say translate an hour of news from NBC 7 to air right before [I]Un Nuevo Dia[/I]? Also why would KNSD have this video from KFMB on their Vimeo website: [MEDIA=vimeo]241061383[/MEDIA] Thanks in advance if you guys are able to find anything out?[/QUOTE] I don’t watch T20 in the mornings, but I’m assuming they either don’t give traffic and WX updates, and if they do it’s probably just a few graphics. In regards to that KFMB video, my guess is that was supposed to be an internal video. An aircheck of the rival station for marketing purposes, perhaps? Either, someone messed up.

January 8 is when WUAB and BounceTV both move to become two of WOIO's subchannels.

Info is on this link (don't let the website link title fool you):

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35180056/cleveland-19-news-for-roku

WUAB is channel-sharing with WOIO. It will remain a separate station, but on WOIO's spectrum.

• Like 4

So it looks like WRC/NBC Washington is playing up a feud between Adam Tuss and David Culver. They both are young (and well David looks fresh out of college) and people mistake them for one another. Anyways tomorrow they will both be anchoring the morning show (normally one does Saturday and the other Sunday). Here’s a preview video:

[MEDIA=instagram]Bb65kuYhRKN[/MEDIA]

Sad news out of Columbus, OH. 10TV (WBNS/CBS) Meteorologist Chris Bradley is back in the Hospital fight phenomena, the leukemia he currently fighting

is no longer in remission.

Prayers go out to Chris, his family and at 10TV News.

https://www.10tv.com/article/10tv-meteorologist-chris-bradley-icu-james

• Like 4

WLLZ has a local news product now, however small. A 90 second update airs during the first ad break of each hour every weekday from 6PM - 10PM.

The update is produced by recent sister station WMNN, with mostly different graphics and a different music package.

Stephen Arnold's Elevation has been resurrected.